"Battle of the Boro"-Round TWO!

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great high school football game. It was everything that it was hyped to be. Not just the play on the field but the respect and class both teams played with. Both teams showed a great deal of respect for each other and the game. How lucky we are to live in a county with so many great teams and talent. Now let's all get behind Riverdale and keep the gold ball in the county!!!!! GO WARRIORS!!! Represent our community with class, heart, and effort!!!

First of all I want to congratulate Riverdale on a big win and wish them the best in their quest for a gold ball. I know Coach A and the rest deserve it after beating us twice in one season. Tht's huge to beat a great team twice. Kudo's to you all and great to see them getting the support that they deserve from the fans and community.

I missed this game and had to settle to listening to it . It about killed me to not be there. I was feeling mighty rough at Cookeville last week and finally went to the Dr. Thought I just had my yearly round of bronchitis, but instead Got the old H1N1....I know I know.....that means I am a pig and that is probably one of the nicest things I have been called over the yrs. Of course I could have gone anyway and infected a few folk..... hahahahaah.......but that would have been pretty sorry of me.

I want to thank the Oakland seniors for being a part of the REVIVAL at Oakland. You guys will truly be missed. It was your spirit, heart, and leadership that returned us to glory. You gave your all during the season and in the off season. Made us all so proud to watch you become men before our eyes. When we were counted down and out, you guys never gave up and showed your true character and fortitude. This just happened to not be our time. You still have a host of memories, friendships, and a ring to show for your efforts. Some teams will never have the ring. I know you guys will be successful in any endeavor that you pursue. SMACKaDOO, I look forward to watching you play for my beloved UK next yr. I know your presence will be made known right away. Between you and Randall Cobb........ahhhhhh the thought makes me smile! I can't wait to see you in blue and white.

I would also like to thank all of the rest of the team and the coaches for doing a superior job. It is tough to lose when you want a game so badly. I know I was glad NOT to have to see the final moments between players and coaches....that always hurts to see the tears and hugs. Know that you guys are a part of history at Oakland. You will be talked about with respect for ages to come. Let's work twice as hard in the offseason and get that gold next yr. We still have a talented class that is very seasoned for next yr and looks like this district is going to be as tough as ever. Love those Patriots!! Kep your heads up guys, you gave it everything that you had and there is honor in that.

Great game, congrats to RHS, great year Patriots! Still unsure about going for it on 4th down at the end of the 1st half in BOTH games this year, in that game points were going to be at a premium, just like in the 1st, I would have taken the points in both games, but I guess that's why I don't coach football. Good luck RHS.

First time poster. I had the opportunity to watch both games this year, and I will say that these are two very good teams. I would like to congratulate Riverdale for their win, and I would also like to congratulate Oakland for figthing to the end. Believe me when I tell you that coach McDaniel has only scratched the surface of this program. Riverdale looked good in their "cardinal" uniforms. It is a shame that they have gotten away from their color scheme the last few years. It is no doubt that West has vastly improved from last year, and has truly become a very good leader. My only advice to him would be to tone down the theatrics. Riverdale has a very good defensive front that has not received the credit they deserve. I must admit that they pretty much handled Oakland's o-line.

I would like to wish Riverdale luck as they face off against Maryville next week. I must say that I am not a fan of Aydelott's, but he did have his team ready to play. I think if Riverdale comes as prepared for Maryville as they did for Oakaland, they have a great chance. As for coach McDaniel and the Patriots, we have not seen the last of this team.