ROCKWOOD@HAMPTON

BDF36

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense here folks.... but if you are not practicing after dark at this time of year, then you are not practicing enough!!! Do Dawgs!

No offense....IMHO if you are practicing that long at this point in the season then you are doing something wrong.

Practices at this point should move like clockwork.........everyone should know where to go and what to do......Theoretically, these practices should be the smoothest and shortest of the year.

I know you will pile on me for this.....b/c heaven forbid I disagree with MIGHTY BULLDOG fans.....but go ahead and fire away.

None taken there Hater. Theroretically you are correct to a point. They shouldn't be practicing blocking tech. and form tackling, but this time of year you have to be prepared for any, and everything. These should be more "skull" sessions, if you will. Also, it gets dark here around 5 now. If you don't start practicing until 3:30, that only gives you an hour and a half. That's not enough time for a TC walk through. If you are only practicing a 1.5 hours a day, then somebody is not doing their job! (not directed at Hampton in particular, but any team that's still playing... jmo.)

Oneida is a great ball team. Rockwood is also pretty good. We have only given up 121 points. We have scored 300. Hmm...300 will be a great movie to watch on the way to Hampton, since we are the underdog. We have been pretty good at holding the line, when it matters most. The 4th quarter seems to be when we are our strongest. I wonder if Coach Webb will walk back from Hampton, the same as Harriman?

From what I understand, they lost quite a bit. Graduated some good seniors and lost a few more this year to transfer, injury, or just plain quit. But Oneida has a strong program, they still play hard nosed football and you can bet those coaches get all they can out of them boys. I could be wrong, but I think they were down a little this year (compared to the last few years). Nothing but respect for the program, I admire the PCC that embellishes the whole community. It's an electric place to watch a game.

OK.....heres the take as I see it. Last years team ('08) would have dominated this years club ('09) up front. '09 has linemen that, to be fair, have outstanding futures....they just aren't quite there yet. I believe on the offense at one time we were starting 3 Freshmen. Remember this name Adam Young.....he is going to be a dandy offensive lineman. (plus I've heard he moves so well, they are considering his defensive future as a LB)(that means 240+ tackling people with a full head of steam)( :roflol: ) You also have to consider that, for the most part, '08 remained relatively intact and '09 has lost or removed up to 6 players that would have played significant roles with the team. The coaching staff fitted the pieces as best as they could, but your going to be hard pressed to not admit your quality has dropped with that many contributors missing. Though we had fought valiantly this year, I think Rockwood (overall) was superior in some places. Because of the number of significant powerful linemen that the Indians have had to replace '08 beats '09, hands down.....and '08 would have dominated last Friday Night's game. (I know....I'm sure some of Rockwood's all-time teams would have the same arguement)

:roflolk: Kazanity :lol: