York at Smith Co.

oldchsman

Here, here my anonymous friend. C. Smith made terrific plays Friday night. Cannon made 2 catches down the middle if not back to back, then only seperated by a play down at Boyd. The only difference in the Westy scenario is we traveled both games. Where is that Postman?? LOL

I know the Dragons didn't see the SC that has shown the last couple weeks. I hope that they think that was the Owls!! They bring in a good team that seems to be putting it together right now. All I can say is "Welcome back to the Hole!!!!!" Let's see who is the "real" district champion!!!!!?

Postman??? I had almost forgot about him. He sure was fun. The rest of my little playmates have disappeared too. I guess they took their ball and went home. (or was sent home) :roflol:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Owls have now developed a "nasty" attitude. They line up mad and ready to play. For a while we had a "passive" attitude and it cost us. No such thing as a good "passive" attitude football player. Fellas keep this nasty attitude because we have to play that way to beat York. If we let up we get beat.

Good luck to both teams, it is truly an honor to make it this far.

I am not trying to start anything or disrespect either team, but I have watched a film on York, not Smith Co. vs. Seq. Co. Looking forward, all teams from the top bracket would probably beat York by more than 20 easy. The unfortunate thing is Alcoa will beat all the teams in the top bracket by 20 or more. I am not sure about Milan, but it seems that the east may be a little tougher this year. Just an opinion.

Seems as though the Owls have went back to run first and then pass. Which has produced 2 impressive wins in the play-offs. Just about every team I can remember that threw for a living wasn't very successful and seemed to be soft. I guess that's why many Owl fans hollared soft back early in the season, cause throwing the ball about every play tends to make a team that way. Just look at LA this year. They didn't have hardly any athletes but they won 8 games by being able to run the ball which made them pretty hard to beat. Also the Titans are 3 and 0 because they have started running the ball more.

I think York will have their hands full this friday in the hole because it definitely won't be the same Owl team they played 3 weeks ago. But York has a good hard-nosed running game themselves which will make for a good one friday night.

Good luck to both teams, it is truly an honor to make it this far.

I am not trying to start anything or disrespect either team, but I have watched a film on York, not Smith Co. vs. Seq. Co. Looking forward, all teams from the top bracket would probably beat York by more than 20 easy. The unfortunate thing is Alcoa will beat all the teams in the top bracket by 20 or more. I am not sure about Milan, but it seems that the east may be a little tougher this year. Just an opinion.

OK, so the east may be a little tougher, I got ya. There is no way Smith or York could make it anywhere close to this far in the east. Maybe you should look at what these teams have done in the past few years, they were able to hold their own pretty well in the east, which is always said to be harder.

Go whine somewhere else!

As for the game, the Owls know who York is, and York knows who we are. There is great tradition between them. I would expect this one to be decided by no more than a touchdown either way. Both teams seem to be peaking right now. Should be a packed house and a great game, hopefully the Owls will be fired up once more and keep on rollin'.

GO OWLS!

Seems as though the Owls have went back to run first and then pass. Which has produced 2 impressive wins in the play-offs. Just about every team I can remember that threw for a living wasn't very successful and seemed to be soft. I guess that's why many Owl fans hollared soft back early in the season, cause throwing the ball about every play tends to make a team that way. Just look at LA this year. They didn't have hardly any athletes but they won 8 games by being able to run the ball which made them pretty hard to beat. Also the Titans are 3 and 0 because they have started running the ball more.

I think York will have their hands full this friday in the hole because it definitely won't be the same Owl team they played 3 weeks ago. But York has a good hard-nosed running game themselves which will make for a good one friday night.

When we lost Jose Silva,TB, against White House we did go to the passing game more than the running game. We now have our running game in order with Jose back along with Gage Scurlock, soph., and a frershman, Jameson Stevenson. With our running game that we now have, it has made our passing game better. If our running game had not come around, we would have been in trouble.

When we lost Jose Silva,TB, against White House we did go to the passing game more than the running game. We now have our running game in order with Jose back along with Gage Scurlock, soph., and a frershman, Jameson Stevenson. With our running game that we now have, it has made our passing game better. If our running game had not come around, we would have been in trouble.

Agree scooter. Last years Owl team threw the ball as good as any Owl team I can remember. I think the reason being that Bear and Anderson made it better with the running game.