York at Smith Co.

oldchsman

I'm not saying this just because I'm from York, but, SC played PC and Harpeth... two 5-5 teams. Sure, SC is playing hard right now, but, 2 come from behind victories? That doesn't sound impressive. If they are playing with heart, then that's great. The York/SC game is always heated. But, as for Silva being back, he didn't even play after halftime last game. How is he supposed to be a factor on the sideline? York has a great run defense, and a very impressive secondary. York isn't going to come and lay down for you. I hope this is the biggest crowd I've seen in a while because I have a feeling it's going to be. Best be ready for some hard hitting, mountain man vs. night pigeon football :roflol: ! Both teams are going to lay it all on the line.

York 21

Sc-10

See ya there :roflol:

Sounds like you have already bought your ticket for next week. I'm surprised if York even practices this week. No contest against our small, slow, non-hitting and haven't played anybody in the playoffs TEAM.

:thumb:

By the way, how do you come from behind and win 9-0 :thumb: .

:o

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this just because I'm from York, but, SC played PC and Harpeth... two 5-5 teams. Sure, SC is playing hard right now, but, 2 come from behind victories? That doesn't sound impressive. If they are playing with heart, then that's great. The York/SC game is always heated. But, as for Silva being back, he didn't even play after halftime last game. How is he supposed to be a factor on the sideline? York has a great run defense, and a very impressive secondary. York isn't going to come and lay down for you. I hope this is the biggest crowd I've seen in a while because I have a feeling it's going to be. Best be ready for some hard hitting, mountain man vs. night pigeon football ! Both teams are going to lay it all on the line.

York 21

Sc-10

See ya there :roflol:

Sounds like you have already bought your ticket for next week. I'm surprised if York even practices this week. No contest against our small, slow, non-hitting and haven't played anybody in the playoffs TEAM.

By the way, how do you come from behind and win 9-0

:thumb:

Hah, forgive my mountain man ignorance. :roflol: Come behind win at harpeth. Throwback pass to the quarterback for the only touchdown at PC. :thumb: And, you're right. I have bought the ticket!

This will be a good one in the hole fri.night. As for this being the same SC team that YAI beat a few weeks ago, they're not. These boys play as a team on both sides of the ball right now,and are playing with the fire and determination that I knew they had. I've watched these seniors and juniors since youth football and know what they are capable of doing. If SC comes out with the fire they have been showing lately, then YAI is in for something they haven't seen from SC. I know my boys will be out for redemption ,and giving it everything they got.York will not beat them twice this year. LET'S GO BIG OWLS !!

That 06' Owls team threw the ball pretty well. :roflol: QB wasn't to bad.... :thumb:

Yea, he's got a little brother that's a pretty good athelete too. Plays football, baseball and basketball.

Seems like he had an older brother too.......that was well.........let's just say maybe not as gifted. :roflol:

I'm not saying this just because I'm from York, but, SC played PC and Harpeth... two 5-5 teams. Sure, SC is playing hard right now, but, 2 come from behind victories? That doesn't sound impressive. If they are playing with heart, then that's great. The York/SC game is always heated. But, as for Silva being back, he didn't even play after halftime last game. How is he supposed to be a factor on the sideline? York has a great run defense, and a very impressive secondary. York isn't going to come and lay down for you. I hope this is the biggest crowd I've seen in a while because I have a feeling it's going to be. Best be ready for some hard hitting, mountain man vs. night pigeon football :evil: ! Both teams are going to lay it all on the line.

York 21

Sc-10

See ya there B)

Yelp. SC played PC and Harpeth, which were 5-5 in the regular season. PC was small and slow, no atheletes and didn't play anybody. (:lol: ) Same with Harpeth, although they did beat a team (CC)that beat York and SC. And Yorks games with DC and LA.......didn't sound very impressive to me either. Silva?? Let's just say you have no idea what he brings to this team on the field or on the sidelines.

I don't know about York's defense, but SC's defense has got to improve. They gave up wayyy to much in the 2nd half last week. 9 total yards in the 2nd half is too much. York has won the last 4...what makes you think anybody expects them to "lay down". Hey.......bring a crowd. We even got somewhere for them to sit if they like. Maybe to make ya'll feel at home we can take the visitor's side out and bring in some little league seating. :lol: (you had know that was coming).

I found these posts from the previous game interesting.

curtislowe

Manager

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:20 am Re: Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

by curtislowe » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

72york52 wrote:

I think most coaches will do what they can at this time of year because of the no tommorrow thing. We know what to expect from these games and most the time it happens. Just proud to be part of the process. I was just wishing everyone one from our district good luck in the playoffs. We may fight like cats and dogs during the season but I like them to do well during playoffs or tournaments.

Good job YAI. I saw the game and was very impressed by the dragons. Smith County got taken out to the woodshed. They were outplayed in all phases of the game, The Dragons should have scored two more times. York's QB had an excellent night, He never got hit...... He was the one delivering the blows. I was suprised to see the owls shy away from contact. They looked really "soft". The owls were out coached, outplayed, and outhit. The indoor practice facility could be the problem. The elements are a big part of football. Also, maybe too many coaches. How does Maynard keep up with all of them. They had at least 15 coaches there tonight. York's field was in great shape and the popcorn was great. Can not wait to read the excuses from the smith county fans. Hope they didn't get behind any horse and buggies on their ride home.It had to be a really long ride regardless. Good luck to the Owls and Dragons in the playoffs. Good job 72/52, you are the main reason you guys won 7 games. You held the program together when it could have fallen apart. 5 shutouts, awesome!!!!!!

Here's another one...

bobcatfan300

Challenger

Private message Re: Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

by bobcatfan300 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:24 am

Way to go Dragons! Smith Co. looked the weakest of all the district teams except for Upperman. They had one good play all night...a great 50 year run. But, they never threatened to score all night or even came anywhere close. Where were all these Smith Co. fans? Of the 12 bleacher sets provided, the ones across the field were only 2/3rds full...200 people at most, and maybe 20 people in the other set of 5 stands. Like I said in an earlier post, York has more stadium seats than Smith Co. fans to fill them. It was clear York was fired up before the game started and then scored on their 1st possession going right down the field.

As for being "mad" about the Amish comments...no, I knew it was just humor, but being a former teacher I don't like to see that kind of thing. It was acceptable at one time to do that about blacks too and few would do that now. And by the way, the Mennonites do use technology such as cell phones and computers. I was surprised a few years ago to see many cell phones at a Mennonite auction and I didn't have one yet...less tech savvy than the Mennonites.

Didn't Coach Brown say something about taking SC behind the woodshed? I seem to recall reading that in the Herald-Citizen.

That 06' Owls team threw the ball pretty well. :evil: QB wasn't to bad.... :lol:

Yea, he's got a little brother that's a pretty good athelete too. Plays football, baseball and basketball.

Seems like he had an older brother too.......that was well.........let's just say maybe not as gifted. :lol:

hahaha easy big fella

I found these posts from the previous game interesting.

curtislowe

Manager

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:20 am Re: Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

by curtislowe » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

72york52 wrote:

I think most coaches will do what they can at this time of year because of the no tommorrow thing. We know what to expect from these games and most the time it happens. Just proud to be part of the process. I was just wishing everyone one from our district good luck in the playoffs. We may fight like cats and dogs during the season but I like them to do well during playoffs or tournaments.

Good job YAI. I saw the game and was very impressed by the dragons. Smith County got taken out to the woodshed. They were outplayed in all phases of the game, The Dragons should have scored two more times. York's QB had an excellent night, He never got hit...... He was the one delivering the blows. I was suprised to see the owls shy away from contact. They looked really "soft". The owls were out coached, outplayed, and outhit. The indoor practice facility could be the problem. The elements are a big part of football. Also, maybe too many coaches. How does Maynard keep up with all of them. They had at least 15 coaches there tonight. York's field was in great shape and the popcorn was great. Can not wait to read the excuses from the smith county fans. Hope they didn't get behind any horse and buggies on their ride home.It had to be a really long ride regardless. Good luck to the Owls and Dragons in the playoffs. Good job 72/52, you are the main reason you guys won 7 games. You held the program together when it could have fallen apart. 5 shutouts, awesome!!!!!!

Here's another one...

bobcatfan300

Challenger

Private message Re: Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

by bobcatfan300 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:24 am

Way to go Dragons! Smith Co. looked the weakest of all the district teams except for Upperman. They had one good play all night...a great 50 year run. But, they never threatened to score all night or even came anywhere close. Where were all these Smith Co. fans? Of the 12 bleacher sets provided, the ones across the field were only 2/3rds full...200 people at most, and maybe 20 people in the other set of 5 stands. Like I said in an earlier post, York has more stadium seats than Smith Co. fans to fill them. It was clear York was fired up before the game started and then scored on their 1st possession going right down the field.

As for being "mad" about the Amish comments...no, I knew it was just humor, but being a former teacher I don't like to see that kind of thing. It was acceptable at one time to do that about blacks too and few would do that now. And by the way, the Mennonites do use technology such as cell phones and computers. I was surprised a few years ago to see many cell phones at a Mennonite auction and I didn't have one yet...less tech savvy than the Mennonites.

Didn't Coach Brown say something about taking SC behind the woodshed? I seem to recall reading that in the Herald-Citizen.

yea SC had their problems a few games,BUT they have gotten over it and are now moving on. York will see a different team here in the post season,than was up on the mountain. You have the right to make your comments about the regular season game, like we will have the right to make ours after fri. nihgt, game. The OWLS are hitting on all 11 cylinders right now, and we will see who holds the braggin rights in 8aa after fri. night. Wish everyone from Jamestown a safe trip to the hole this fri. night,and a safe trip home afterwards. It will be the long one home. GO SMITH CO. :evil:

I've always said that players shouldn't look to coacht for motivation...but if they do...there's always this.

I was suprised to see the owls shy away from contact. They looked really "soft".

Smith Co. looked the weakest of all the district teams except for Upperman.

Coach Brown said, "Smith County came out with their head down and we put a good whooping on them."

You the man...'Twan

snoball...I'll refrain from making any squeaky comments due to the heat of the flames I may or not receive. I will however put it this way...the Owls will not come out with their "heads down" this Friday Night.

I've always said that players shouldn't look to coacht for motivation...but if they do...there's always this.

I was suprised to see the owls shy away from contact. They looked really "soft".

Smith Co. looked the weakest of all the district teams except for Upperman.

Coach Brown said, "Smith County came out with their head down and we put a good whooping on them."

You the man...'Twan

snoball...I'll refrain from making any squeaky comments due to the heat of the flames I may or not receive. I will however put it this way...the Owls will not come out with their "heads down" this Friday Night.

Thanks br...I couldn't remember the exact quote...now I remember. What a brash statement from a head coach. I guess he didn't think he would face SC again this year. :evil: