York at Smith Co.

oldchsman

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello my fellow friends from Smith County........ I haven't posted near as much as I would have liked to this year. I was at the Livingston/Smith County game earlier this year and I saw Carthage play about the same way that they did in the York game. I just can't believe that all of you guys believe that you are going to beat a team that held you to 126 yards of total offense and that you didn't even score against or really even come close.I know both teams are going to play hard at least I hope we show up to play after the way we played at Goodpasture. York was a complete team last week. I just wish we would have run the ball better. The only thing I'm worried about is a let down after a big game it happened to us 2 years ago in this same situation I just hope it doesn't happen again. Yes, I understand that you guys didn't have anything to play for but neither did york no better than a 5th place finish they couldn't better themselves but they controlled the game. I understand that you guys are pulling for your team as I am mine. I just wouldn't be as fast to say that we are going to beat a team that just beat us 3 weeks ago 28-0 when neither team had anything to play for. Honestly, I cannot say who is going to win this game. I bet it's going to be a great game though. I just hope the boys on the mountain are having a good week of practice and they are taking this game very seriously. As a former player I hope you guys take this week very, very, seriously.COME ON DRAGONS LETS!

O !!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to play better than we did at GOODPASTURE REMEMBER THE FEELING AFTER THE GOODPASTURE GAME.................... LETS GO NOW BIG DRAGONS 3 DAYS TO GO................. :roflolk:

Just so I understand your point...macvol. You saw SC play LA and you saw them play about the same way when they played York. Funny thing. I thought SC beat LA and LA beat York. Nope. Still don't see your point.

Hey bluebellz!!!! well. ya got to see the Tigers win as I watched the Owls come out fighting and play some ball. South Pitt long way offf. why dont u come to SC Fri night and we can whoop and holler as the OWLS whoop that York team... ?? Who knows even ole Termie may stop and say hello!! Whatcha say?? The Owls are ready to "pay back" York and IF they play like they have the lats 3 games.... SC by 1 TD!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO OWLS!!!!!

You never can tell. Ole Termite will be there and might stop by.

snoball...I'll refrain from making any squeaky comments due to the heat of the flames I may or not receive. I will however put it this way...the Owls will not come out with their "heads down" this Friday Night.

i hear ya. you know i love to talk the jive, but i stay clear of making predictions! ;)

good luck to you and antwans carthage owls, york is just way to cocky, worse than even yall!!! :popcorneater:

Hahaha. This was too good to pass up. Go back and count the posts my good friend of who is posting saying York is going to win to who is saying SMITH is going to win. 1:2 ratio AT LEAST. Too cocky... ok. Just people, please, shut up and show up to the game. You're days are over, so how can you talk trash? Make your predictions and whatnot, but, just putting down other teams isn't how it's supposed to be done. And, if you do play, shouldn't you be worried about practicing rather than posting on an internet blog board? This goes for both teams. York, get your head on right or you'll be hanging them up for the year... This isn't going to be a cakewalk.... and that's for both sides. Best of luck on this district rematch... Go Dragons!!!

Okay we get it....Smith County isn't the same team that we met in the regular season, but YORK isn't either. Our boys have stepped up and played with a fire and determination that they didn't have in that regular season game. ALL of our backs are running hard, our receivers are catching the ball, our speed is there, our line is doing it's job, and finally the coaching staff has decided to use the entire team to our advantage.

Soooooo....I will not lower myself to arguing with no name posters on CoachT, but I want you to know that YAI is coming to the "HOLE" and y'all better be ready. We played a heck of a Goodpasture team last Fridaythat saw things they didn't expect, and I assure SC they will too.

Good Luck to all on Friday! Safe travel for the YORK fans! A GREAT game with no injuries! ;)

OK ben.....I get it. The coach is FINALLY decided to use the ENTIRE team to your advantage. You mean Goodpasture or the Refs didn't catch that?? You can only use 11.

You have some things that SC's don't expect?? Would that be a camo painted, flatbed 72 Datsun............with mudflaps?? :popcorneater:

snoball...I'll refrain from making any squeaky comments due to the heat of the flames I may or not receive. I will however put it this way...the Owls will not come out with their "heads down" this Friday Night.

i hear ya. you know i love to talk the jive, but i stay clear of making predictions! ;)

good luck to you and antwans carthage owls, york is just way to cocky, worse than even yall!!! :popcorneater:

Hahaha. This was too good to pass up. Go back and count the posts my good friend of who is posting saying York is going to win to who is saying SMITH is going to win. 1:2 ratio AT LEAST. Too cocky... ok. Just people, please, shut up and show up to the game. You're days are over, so how can you talk trash? Make your predictions and whatnot, but, just putting down other teams isn't how it's supposed to be done. And, if you do play, shouldn't you be worried about practicing rather than posting on an internet blog board? This goes for both teams. York, get your head on right or you'll be hanging them up for the year... This isn't going to be a cakewalk.... and that's for both sides. Best of luck on this district rematch... Go Dragons!!!

Hahaha...I think the joke is on you. Go back and see who the snowman pulls for. It's not difficult to figure out... ;) Hint...he is purple too... :|

Snowy calling somebody COCKY???? Well.........he would know. ;) Easy there 79. I did go back and count. 3 predicting SC and 2 predicting YAI (counting yours 79) . Somehow math is figured different on the mountain if you come up witha 2:1 ratio. Others were from Boyd and Cheatham Co.. Some post were general comment, for both from everywhere (LA-G-ville-etc). Ole Snowy's season ain't over yet. He may be in Cookville Dec 4th, depending on FC and probably Boyd.

Snowy calling somebody COCKY???? Well.........he would know. :popcorneater: Easy there 79. I did go back and count. 3 predicting SC and 2 predicting YAI (counting yours 79) . Somehow math is figured different on the mountain if you come up witha 2:1 ratio. Others were from Boyd and Cheatham Co.. Some post were general comment, for both from everywhere (LA-G-ville-etc). Ole Snowy's season ain't over yet. He may be in Cookville Dec 4th, depending on FC and probably Boyd.

Boyd may be there too.

Nah...I didn't see where any SC fans called YAI soft...and worst team in the district besides the U. I also didn't see any quotes from our head coach saying they came out with their heads down...and we put a whippin' on them. Nah...YAI did that from fans to the coaching staff. I don't think SC needs any more motivation...but thanks anyway.

sc is saying it will be hard for YORK to because its at the hole o, but I tell you YORK will win cause of the fans. The YORK FANS will make our boys feel like its a home game just like they did at goodpasture. It will be a hard fought game but those DRAGONS will previel. These last two games has brought them together even more. they are eleven men playing as one.Its like watching a fine oiled machine working. Its not just pending on one player they use all eleven men and the side line stays up.

York will win because of the fans, hmmm I find this interesting??? :popcorneater: So are the fans going to be running and tackling?? Are they going to be blocking and covering wide outs??? Let me answer that NO!! Fans make an impact, but they can't will the team to win. UT has a 110,000 fans but they are not the reason they win. Basically what I am going to ask is IF York beats SC are you fans going to be able to will the team to win against Milan or Camden???? I don't think so!!!

This one will be one of the hardest hitting games "The Hole" has seen in a good long while. Everything is on the line and these two institutions really don't care for each other. As far as comparing season opponents to determine who wins this game, you can through that at the window right now. None of that matters. Nada. Smith Co seems to have the upper hand with the homefield advantage, and I expect a huge crowd in attendance, possibly approaching record-breaking for "the hole." York has prevailed the past four times these team have tangled and I fully expect that Maynard has drilled that into the heads of the Owls this week. To sum it up, SC know who York is, Owls have seen York's hand. However, the Dragons have not see nwhat Owls really possess. Will it be a repeat of the result in horse and buggy land or will the Owls prove they were were bluffing in the first match-up? Let's hope it's in the cards for the Owls friday night! SC 20 York 13 Go Owls!

Unfortunately this won't happen this weekend. The "Hole" will be packed, but I highly doubt it will approach record breaking status. Just for the simple fact that G'ville is still playing, and our game with FCS. If not for these two games, I'd be more apt to agree with you.

I really don't know enough about YAI to comment on this game. And this is not the time of year to be throwing jabs at my neighbors. There should be plenty of ammo for the Owls, on top of it being a quarter-final game. Stay focused on the task at hand and keep your emotions in check....... Go Owls!!!