York Dragons @ Milan Bulldogs - Semi-Finals

Bulldog Fan #2

Hang on Johnny! I dont like commenting on other threads, but since you brought it up.... If our "first string" guys played just to mercy rule people, Toney would probably have at least 60 touchdowns on the season, maybe more???? :thumb:

Fair enough, that was in no way a knock towards Toney..he is a great football player and from what I hear a great kid too. Just using his numbers as a measuring stick is all. I agree though, you guys have put some teams away quick this year also. Wish I could be at the game Friday :D

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I was at the game last night as a neutral observer. You milan fans need to admit that you were put to task by a york team that honestly,and anyone that was there will agree, had far fewer athletes than you do. The dragons had 23 first downs and 383 yards of total offense against the bulldog d. The Milan secondary is not very good. The lbs for milan are very good and the d-line is above average but they have some weaknesses. York did exactly what they wanted to do in the first half and had the bulldogs on the ropes. The 3 turnovers in the second half that lead directly to 14 milan points was the difference. Milan is a good team but i did not see the juggernaut that I had been hearing about. I predict another silver ball in the trophy case as the team I saw friday will not beat Alcoa. That is my opinion,which probably doesn't mean much, and congrats great years by both teams.

Guys, I was at the game last night as a neutral observer. You milan fans need to admit that you were put to task by a york team that honestly,and anyone that was there will agree, had far fewer athletes than you do. The dragons had 23 first downs and 383 yards of total offense against the bulldog d. The Milan secondary is not very good. The lbs for milan are very good and the d-line is above average but they have some weaknesses. York did exactly what they wanted to do in the first half and had the bulldogs on the ropes. The 3 turnovers in the second half that lead directly to 14 milan points was the difference. Milan is a good team but i did not see the juggernaut that I had been hearing about. I predict another silver ball in the trophy case as the team I saw friday will not beat Alcoa. That is my opinion,which probably doesn't mean much, and congrats great years by both teams.

Wardawg - Good Post - If we perform next week like we did in the first half last night than yes we will take the silver. We just couldn't get off the field last night on 3rd and 4th down. York ran almost twice as many plays as we did. The TO's were huge but part of the game. York played as hard as any team I have seen the last couple of years. Hats off to them on a great year.

Go Dawgs!!

I just want to say give our boys the justice they deserve!!! The dragons came to play football and in the first half they showed the Milan dawgs just that. And yes in the second half things changed.. but it wasn't due to much change in strategy Our boys play with heart and soul and when it comes to playing a football team.. (any football team) they are great as Milan got to see first hand...BUT when they have to play the players along with the refs..(like when they moved the ball back several times to be short of a 1st down and when it was so obvious to ALL not calling but 1 interferance when it came to holding our receivers) then the ballgame goes alittle different...I love the game when it is called right.... just like our game against Goodpasture best ballgame played all year...we got our penalties and they got theirs...Well called by the refs... The ballgame may or may not have turned out different as to who would be going to Cookeville on the 4th..but I do know one thing the score would have been different if the refs would let the kids play each other not them also...And to Milan good luck next week....and I hope the players that were hurt last night have a speedy recovery. I am not on here to show disrespect to Milan I am only stating a fact...Milan coaches made a point to tell our players that they played a great ballgame and was the only team all year that gave them real competion...so with that said WE LOVE YOU DRAGONS AND HATS OFF TO A GREAT SEASON!!! :thumb:

you're right. it doesn't mean much. :thumb:

I just want to say give our boys the justice they deserve!!! The dragons came to play football and in the first half they showed the Milan dawgs just that. And yes in the second half things changed.. but it wasn't due to much change in strategy Our boys play with heart and soul and when it comes to playing a football team.. (any football team) they are great as Milan got to see first hand...BUT when they have to play the players along with the refs..(like when they moved the ball back several times to be short of a 1st down and when it was so obvious to ALL not calling but 1 interferance when it came to holding our receivers) then the ballgame goes alittle different...I love the game when it is called right.... just like our game against Goodpasture best ballgame played all year...we got our penalties and they got theirs...Well called by the refs... The ballgame may or may not have turned out different as to who would be going to Cookeville on the 4th..but I do know one thing the score would have been different if the refs would let the kids play each other not them also...And to Milan good luck next week....and I hope the players that were hurt last night have a speedy recovery. I am not on here to show disrespect to Milan I am only stating a fact...Milan coaches made a point to tell our players that they played a great ballgame and was the only team all year that gave them real competion...so with that said WE LOVE YOU DRAGONS AND HATS OFF TO A GREAT SEASON!!! :thumb:

the refs pretty much sucked for both teams. they missed alot of calls on milan's side too. you got beat and beat bad. so don't start playing "the ref beat us card". that dog won't hunt. :thumb:

What doesnt mean much...a silver ball! Cause thats what your getting. :thumb:

What doesnt mean much...a silver ball! Cause thats what your getting. :lol:

no.his opinion and yours either little dude. :thumb:

the refs pretty much sucked for both teams. they missed alot of calls on milan's side too. you got beat and beat bad. so don't start playing "the ref beat us card". that dog won't hunt. :thumb:

Oh but I wasn't playing as you put it "the ref beat us card" I just stated a fact!! As I said earlier it may or may not have turned out different if the refs would have called a fair game...and as you stated for both teams...but I do know one thing yes we got beat but by no means did we get beat and beat bad..score was high on your behalf but the dragons out played your team with fewer players that played both sides so all I got say LOOK OUT FOR ALCOA !!!!