York Dragons @ Milan Bulldogs - Semi-Finals

Bulldog Fan #2

"Lots of great excuses though. 'We did not execute.' 'If it weren't for those pesky turnovers.'"

Sounds alot like what y'all are saying about the Alcoa game from last year, doesn't it?

No. No one ever said we were better than Alcoa last year. If they did, they are just as crazy as some of you guys are. We did give them a very good game though. We held a great running team to 2.9 yards per attempt. That is pretty good, but I don't think I have seen anyone say that our lack of execution was for any other reason than we played a great defense. I have yet to hear any of you guys say that though. To hear the way some of you guys talk, you would be undefeated if only you "executed" better. It is very sad that you can't just say we got beat by a better team. That is normally the case when you lose by 4 TD's, but whatever. We are still playing.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Milan is still playing. Partly because of the team they have and partly because of the team the rest didn't this year. The west was far more easily won. As it usually has been the last decade.

Fact of the matter is, as many believe to be so, the best 3 and possibly 5 teams have already placed the champion in Cookeville. Heck the best 3 teams played each other twice with Alcoa proving themselves time and again. If CAK, Loudon, Elizabethton, or Polk Co. would have been out west, I believe they would have been the favorite to get to Cookeville. If Milan holds the Tornadoes within 28 I'll be surprised. Good luck, though, as most root for an underdog.

Yep Milan is still playing. Partly because of the team they have and partly because of the team the rest didn't this year. The west was far more easily won. As it usually has been the last decade.

Fact of the matter is, as many believe to be so, the best 3 and possibly 5 teams have already placed the champion in Cookeville. Heck the best 3 teams played each other twice with Alcoa proving themselves time and again. If CAK, Loudon, Elizabethton, or Polk Co. would have been out west, I believe they would have been the favorite to get to Cookeville. If Milan holds the Tornadoes within 28 I'll be surprised. Good luck, though, as most root for an underdog.

Sounds like sore loser talk to me. What makes you think Milan could not beat CAK and Loudon. Polk Co. is not even in the discussion by your standard. They played in one of if not the weakest districts in the entire state. Bottom line is we have lost 1 game in 2 years and 3 games in the last three years. Our 1 loss in the last 2 years is to Alcoa, and statistically speaking we held them as well or better as any other team. So, why is CAK and Loudon supposedly better. I know the answer. It is because we beat you and you are sore about it. Move on. It is over. Don't hate us because we are good. We did exactly what we said we would do.

weakest district - buddy check your facts. I will admit the district that Polk was in was no where the district that Alcoa is in. If you look back and look at what the 2nd place team from Polk Co. district did to Seq., which was Yorks first opponent in the playoffs you might retract your statement. McMinn Central man handled Seq. and had them like 49-7 until the coach called the dogs of with 8 min. to go. Seq. kept their starters in and scored a touchdown, got an on side kick, and stuck another in, then McMinn Central coach seen enough and put his 1st team back in, and by the way drove it back down the throat of Seq. and decided he had made his point - took a knee.

Did York absolutely man handle Seq? I think it was a hard fought game. What I am saying is that York may have been in a weak district, not POLK. By the way Alcoa beat that same McMinn Central team 49-7.

weakest district - buddy check your facts. I will admit the district that Polk was in was no where the district that Alcoa is in. If you look back and look at what the 2nd place team from Polk Co. district did to Seq., which was Yorks first opponent in the playoffs you might retract your statement. McMinn Central man handled Seq. and had them like 49-7 until the coach called the dogs of with 8 min. to go. Seq. kept their starters in and scored a touchdown, got an on side kick, and stuck another in, then McMinn Central coach seen enough and put his 1st team back in, and by the way drove it back down the throat of Seq. and decided he had made his point - took a knee.

Did York absolutely man handle Seq? I think it was a hard fought game. What I am saying is that York may have been in a weak district, not POLK. By the way Alcoa beat that same McMinn Central team 49-7.

Yes, York was in very weak district. Look at the facts:

5 of 6 teams were in the playoffs

4 of those 5 won their first round game

The Quad Final was an all-district affair

Your statement that York was in a weak district make no sense.

You had 5 teams in your district. Polk Co. went 11-1 (early exit in playoffs). McMinn Central went 7-4, even earlier exit in the playoffs. That leaves 3 teams in your district. 2 of those teams had 2-8 records while the other team had an 0-10 record. I would not call that a stout district.

Now there is something that Milan and York fans can agree with. lol For the record, I think York is a fine team.

Now there is something that Milan and York fans can agree with. lol For the record, I think York is a fine team.

Just to Clear up any confusion, I am not a York fan. York is a fine football team, no arguments there! Milan is also a very good football team though and I think y'all will compete with Alcoa Friday.

Sounds like sore loser talk to me. What makes you think Milan could not beat CAK and Loudon. Polk Co. is not even in the discussion by your standard. They played in one of if not the weakest districts in the entire state. Bottom line is we have lost 1 game in 2 years and 3 games in the last three years. Our 1 loss in the last 2 years is to Alcoa, and statistically speaking we held them as well or better as any other team. So, why is CAK and Loudon supposedly better. I know the answer. It is because we beat you and you are sore about it. Move on. It is over. Don't hate us because we are good. We did exactly what we said we would do.

Not "sore loser" talk at all. Your team didn't beat my team directly. IMO the better football in the state is played in the East. What was the score of that game with Alcoa that Milan "held close" last season? Escapes me but wasn't it lopsided? I'm really not downing Milan. I think it was widely thought that, barring catastrophe, 3A was Alcoa's to lose. I don't think many teams could play with CAK and Loudon ,either.

Not "sore loser" talk at all. Your team didn't beat my team directly. IMO the better football in the state is played in the East. What was the score of that game with Alcoa that Milan "held close" last season? Escapes me but wasn't it lopsided? I'm really not downing Milan. I think it was widely thought that, barring catastrophe, 3A was Alcoa's to lose. I don't think many teams could play with CAK and Loudon ,either.

final score was 28-14. I would not say lopsided. The better team last year no doubt won the game, but we gave them a good fight. They were definitely better, but the margin was not that big, and by the way, we are not many teams. East Tn has some good teams, but Milan can play with any of them.

You missed my point all together. I am not trying to bash anyone, I am saying if York and their district opponets would have played some of these east teams they would not have faired as well. I know you are proud of your program, and you should be. Polk and McMinn Central were in a weak district overall, but those two teams were strong. Loudon, CAK, Austin East, and Elizabethton would have probably been a 20+ favorite against York. Your first round opponents were from a really weak district.

You missed my point all together. I am not trying to bash anyone, I am saying if York and their district opponets would have played some of these east teams they would not have faired as well. I know you are proud of your program, and you should be. Polk and McMinn Central were in a weak district overall, but those two teams were strong. Loudon, CAK, Austin East, and Elizabethton would have probably been a 20+ favorite against York. Your first round opponents were from a really weak district.

Do you think Polk co. would have been a strong team in any other district? I don't think the stats back that up.