York Dragons @ Milan Bulldogs - Semi-Finals

Bulldog Fan #2

Congratulations to the York Dragons on a fine season. You represented your region well! The upper cumberland is proud of you. :thumb:

Milan you have a fine team, but your gonna get handed to ya again by the F5 and I will be there to see it. They are not near as cocky! Go Tornadoes!

So this is what chapps my @$$! Every Milan fan that's posted since the game has gotten on here and given York the credit they deserved! Yet we're still called cocky, and "morons".

Let me give you a little stat:

I believe if I'm not mistaken....York had possession of the ball for something like 32 minutes....Milan 16. York had the ball TWICE as long as Milan....and we STILL managed to outscore you by 28 points.

We don't deserve this gold ball we're playing for, yet every opponent we've gotten on the field with we have DOMINATED! Last night, we know that we didn't dominate the 1st half....but luckily there are FOUR quarters in football. And we did WAY more in the 2nd half than York even thought of doing in the 1st!

I'm always the one on here that gets fed up with OUR over zealous fans, but even THOSE guys have given you credit. And you...Mr. Patroiotspy...YOU don't deserve the ball because YOU couldn't defeat the BEST IN THE WEST to get there! We however have our shot!!! So go lace the shoes up nice and tight....cause for you dear sir, it's basketball season!!!

And ps...I'll give you a basic rundown at halftime from the Milan crowd....it went something like this:

"What the heck...where is OUR team"

"They are gonna have to stop number 41"

"They should have put the turkey down EARLIER"

"We won't get to Cookeville this way"

"Wow didn't expect this from York"

That's the basics. We were surprised, yes. BUT, we have faith in our Dawgs and knew they'd come out and shove the first half down your throats..........and they did!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this message is to all the milan fans you guys played a very good second half hats off to you guys nothing wrong with a little confidence in your team and a little gamesmanship that is what we are all on here for as far a my dragons those boys played a good game had they stuck with their game plan of short pasing which milan couldnt stop the first half this could have turned out a little different not really sure why the change but "if" is a mighty big word and we couldnt stop milans run game so congrats on being undefeated looking forward to playing you guys again someday i'd say we will meet again sounds like you guys are losing alot of senior as are we but good coaches and teams will find away to get back on their feet good luck with alcoa your gonna need it, so would everyone else though they are tough. by the way i hope #88 and # 12 i beleive are both healed up and ready to go next week...................................................go dragons

Good game Dogs. Way to take care of business.

York had a very good game plan and executed it to near perfection for most of the game. Very impressive run in the playoffs and they certainly earned their spot as a top 4 team in the state. They brought a good sized and supportive crowd and hope you all had a safe trip home.

this message is for all the york players i have watched grow up over the last several years you guys seem to always be undersized and overmatched acording to some people , everyone except the people who know you guys you guys play from whistle to whistle and more often than not you come out on top so hold your head high and look everyone straight in the eye just think according to what others were saying you guys were'nt suppose to make it this far so be proud of yourselves it has been a pleasure watching all you DRAGONS play ball and grow into fine young men good luck in the future guys maybe we will see some of you guys come back and support your old team later on, i appreciate all the exciting friday night games theres nothing better than friday night football ................................GO DRAGONS

OK it sounds like a few girls from York got their feelings hurt by some trash talk by me

and a few other Milan fans. I just want to say it's all in fun. York played a great

1st half, you guys had nothing to lose, and it showed. Milan's D took over in the 2nd

half and that was it. Avery jumped about 10' to tip the ball and then snatched it and

ran for 80+.......NICE!!!! wish he was going to UT.

People get on here and say Milan fans are cocky, they are rude..blah blah blah. Truth is a) we are NOT rude! I challenge you to find a BETTER place to come play in West TN with the hospitality and visitor seating!! Second, guess what?? Truth is, the DAWGS are 14-0 going into the championship game again! York is not. NONE of the 14 teams we played are. People talk about a "cupcake" schedule?? I would put Huntington (who lost to hopefully next weeks state champs), Camden, and a "good night" CC team on ANY team besides Milan, you met in the playoffs...guess what again? We had to beat all of them to get to this position, the #1 SEED!! So yeah, when you go into a game whether you lost to Alcoa last year or not but winning 28 games out of 29 in two years, your ALLOWED a little swagger...

Its like people always say, talk the talk but walk the walk...Milan DOES! If you want the confidence to stop, beat em. Until then...sorry for ya luck :thumb:

Here is a couple of game stats for you. York had more first downs more time of possesion and had nearly eighty more yards of offense than you guys. Yeah we lost but this could have easily went either way. They picked the ball off on Milan's first possesion after halftime and then fumbled it and gave it to you guys on their eight yard line. Then they drove it down field again and had a wide open receiver in the end zone, but it got tipped at the line of scrimmage and taken back for a touchdown. What I didn't like from Milan was the way with around ten minutes to go in the game and up by twenty one. You guys decided to try out your passing game.....what class. Your second string was in for one offensive series the whole game. You wonder why you guys mercy rule everyone it's because you try to make it look like you guys killed people, but the truth is you guys could have been beaten if the ball would have bounced a little differently a few times. I also don't think you ran it down anyones throat. You have a very good run game, but it took you guys six or seven plays to score from Yorks six yard line and that was on a roll out from the quarterback. I wished you guys could play again soon, but it won't happen. I have one more comment to make about something one of your fans said earlier this week. You know about you guys having a better coach........Anyone could win with the type of athletes you have. Try taking a team who graduated nearly all their starters and an entirely new offense and go on the road four times in the playoffs and compete with teams with SEC caliber athletes that's coaching.

Here is a couple of game stats for you. York had more first downs more time of possesion and had nearly eighty more yards of offense than you guys. Yeah we lost but this could have easily went either way. They picked the ball off on Milan's first possesion after halftime and then fumbled it and gave it to you guys on their eight yard line. Then they drove it down field again and had a wide open receiver in the end zone, but it got tipped at the line of scrimmage and taken back for a touchdown. What I didn't like from Milan was the way with around ten minutes to go in the game and up by twenty one. You guys decided to try out your passing game.....what class. Your second string was in for one offensive series the whole game. You wonder why you guys mercy rule everyone it's because you try to make it look like you guys killed people, but the truth is you guys could have been beaten if the ball would have bounced a little differently a few times. I also don't think you ran it down anyones throat. You have a very good run game, but it took you guys six or seven plays to score from Yorks six yard line and that was on a roll out from the quarterback. I wished you guys could play again soon, but it won't happen. I have one more comment to make about something one of your fans said earlier this week. You know about you guys having a better coach........Anyone could win with the type of athletes you have. Try taking a team who graduated nearly all their starters and an entirely new offense and go on the road four times in the playoffs and compete with teams with SEC caliber athletes that's coaching.

You sir are very confused! Milan played second team for 2 series in the fourth quarter. But beyond that let's take a look at some scores from the playoffs.

Milan 59-0 Halftime reserves played entire second half.

Milan 52-0 Halftime reserves played entire second half.

Milan 35-0 end of 3rd quarter, reserves played 4th quarter.

When the game was out of reach...that is when reserves were put in. BTW, the exact same time that your coach realized the game was out of reach he also put in his reserves!

As for how the game went, we could of done this or we could of done that then the game could of gone this way or that.........is that not true about EVERY game of football that is played????

Are you serious!! OMG..man give you guys some credit for making this far, which is the farthest a York team ever has been right?..and this is what Milan gets? Truth of the matter is that Milan mercy rules everyone because they score fast and get the ball back quickly! Last night might have been an exception to the rule, with the 1st string still in, but how would you know, we rotate players so often, is there really just 1 first string?? haha.. Another thing, if our "first string" guys played games just to mercy rule people, there would be NO DOUBT Gilbert would be challenging Alcoa's Toney for the TD record, and NO screwed up TSSAA voters could have left Avery out of the Mr. Football nomination because he would have had 200 tackles!! This I promise. Coach Morris is THE class act in high school football, I promise you with 10 minutes left, he knew anything could happen it IS the playoffs. He was not running up the score, merely insurance. Now thats all said let me give YOU a couple of game stats. Milan 43 York 15. Milan 14-0, York...basketball season

Are you serious!! OMG..man give you guys some credit for making this far, which is the farthest a York team ever has been right?..and this is what Milan gets? Truth of the matter is that Milan mercy rules everyone because they score fast and get the ball back quickly! Last night might have been an exception to the rule, with the 1st string still in, but how would you know, we rotate players so often, is there really just 1 first string?? haha.. Another thing, if our "first string" guys played games just to mercy rule people, there would be NO DOUBT Gilbert would be challenging Alcoa's Toney for the TD record, and NO screwed up TSSAA voters could have left Avery out of the Mr. Football nomination because he would have had 200 tackles!! This I promise. Coach Morris is THE class act in high school football, I promise you with 10 minutes left, he knew anything could happen it IS the playoffs. He was not running up the score, merely insurance. Now thats all said let me give YOU a couple of game stats. Milan 43 York 15. Milan 14-0, York...basketball season

Hang on Johnny! I dont like commenting on other threads, but since you brought it up.... If our "first string" guys played just to mercy rule people, Toney would probably have at least 60 touchdowns on the season, maybe more???? :thumb: