Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

If this game were being played in the Mid-State I would be at this game. The talk of this game over the last 5-10 years has been building. A powder keg is about to be let loose in Maryville this week. This game may out draw the State Final game.

Come on over WAVE88 and just make a weekend of it. There is plenty of other stuff to do in East Tennessee. About 1/3 of Blount County is part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The most visited destination in the GSMNP, Cades Cove, is in Blount County. Rocky Top is located on the North Carolina / Tennessee State Line. 129 (The Dragon) a Highway with 318 curves in 11 miles leads from Blount County to North Carolina. We'll even tell you how to get to all the touristy stuff in Sevier County by going the "back way" from Maryville. The most impressive thing to see in Blount County though is STARSNBARS and his garbage truck NellieBelle. :oops::oops:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most impressive thing to see in Blount County though is STARSNBARS and his garbage truck NellieBelle. :oops::oops:

I saw that trash heap in the 37701 at the Big Lots last night....I need to remind the Distinguished Gentleman from Maryville (that's you STARS) that November is a "no contact period" for recruiting in the county. I have warned you once about leaving that thing unattended in the 'Hood, the next time you will find it on cinder blocks. :lol:

If this game were being played in the Mid-State I would be at this game. The talk of this game over the last 5-10 years has been building. A powder keg is about to be let loose in Maryville this week. This game may out draw the State Final game.

Come on over WAVE88 and just make a weekend of it. There is plenty of other stuff to do in East Tennessee. About 1/3 of Blount County is part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The most visited destination in the GSMNP, Cades Cove, is in Blount County. Rocky Top is located on the North Carolina / Tennessee State Line. 129 (The Dragon) a Highway with 318 curves in 11 miles leads from Blount County to North Carolina. We'll even tell you how to get to all the touristy stuff in Sevier County by going the "back way" from Maryville. The most impressive thing to see in Blount County though is STARSNBARS and his garbage truck NellieBelle. :oops::oops:

I'm on call in Middle Tn., Southern KY. with my job this weekend or I would be on my way. Thanks for the invite though. Will you guys have a link online broadcasting the game?

This just really shapes up as a great game. Looks like its going to be pretty cold Friday night.

Does Maryville have a web site and/or roster posted somewhere. Thanks...

Great to see that this thread is keeping a tone that befits this great matchup.

Go Warriors!!

Not sure about putting up links to other sites...but if you google maryville tennessee football, I bet you will find it. It has not been updated since week 3.!?

This will be a excellent ball game! Can't wait until Friday! Maryville is with no doubt the big boy in TN high school football. I don't care what any one says about classification, Maryville and Riverdale over the years have been the standard by which others want to achieve and you can include Alcoa with these two schools as well! Hope the game is injury free for both teams and you know it will be one for the ages! GO WARRIORS! :oops::oops::D:lol:

Come on over WAVE88 and just make a weekend of it. There is plenty of other stuff to do in East Tennessee. About 1/3 of Blount County is part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The most visited destination in the GSMNP, Cades Cove, is in Blount County. Rocky Top is located on the North Carolina / Tennessee State Line. 129 (The Dragon) a Highway with 318 curves in 11 miles leads from Blount County to North Carolina. We'll even tell you how to get to all the touristy stuff in Sevier County by going the "back way" from Maryville. The most impressive thing to see in Blount County though is STARSNBARS and his garbage truck NellieBelle. :flower::flower:

I'm on call in Middle Tn., Southern KY. with my job this weekend or I would be on my way. Thanks for the invite though. Will you guys have a link online broadcasting the game?

WBCR 1470 "Truth Radio" broadcasts the Maryville games. They stream it for free also. I think they do a pretty good job and are very professional. Jeff Smith played for UT on the SugarVols team of 85. :flower:

I don't think you people from "The Boro" understand. This Maryville bunch works like a well oiled machine. They methodically dismember their opponent. They only way to understand what I'm talking about is to play 'em Friday night. This is going to be Oak Ridge all over again. The Warriors come to town, put up their teepee, light a little fire in it and by half time have to take it down. I witnessed that one myself at OR.

And I'll tell you what. The people that run the stadium at Maryville are the nicest hosts you could ask for. You will be made to feel very welcome there. Some of the posters on here try to act like back hills folk but that is just a ruse - a bit of fun if you will.

The utmost respect for the people of Maryville and their team.

And no, I'm not from there. Our team got whipped by them.

Prediction: Maryville 28, Riverdale 14

I don't think you people from "The Boro" understand. This Maryville bunch works like a well oiled machine. They methodically dismember their opponent. They only way to understand what I'm talking about is to play 'em Friday night. This is going to be Oak Ridge all over again. The Warriors come to town, put up their teepee, light a little fire in it and by half time have to take it down. I witnessed that one myself at OR.

And I'll tell you what. The people that run the stadium at Maryville are the nicest hosts you could ask for. You will be made to feel very welcome there. Some of the posters on here try to act like back hills folk but that is just a ruse - a bit of fun if you will.

The utmost respect for the people of Maryville and their team.

And no, I'm not from there. Our team got whipped by them.

Prediction: Maryville 28, Riverdale 14

actually we are probably one of the few teams that does understand the terms machine and mythodical I think that we are a lot a like the biggest difference is maryville has done it at a different classification but they are very well coached and they know how to win. we have not given up more than 7 points during regualtion in a long time so i would be very surprised if this game is that high scoring but i will respect your knowledge of both schools and accept your predicition as I know that my WARRIORS are just lucky to be here