Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

I will get this started by saying how impressed I was tonight with the Cyclones. Since I live so close to Cyclone Stadium I couldn't miss the opportunity to see who my Tornadoes would face. Let me say this very LOUDLY-----Alcoa had better bring their A game. Elizabethton has a diverse and well balanced offense. They spread the field and have a QB who is more athletic than any one signal caller they have faced this year. Their WR's take take deep, almost sideline splits and they will wear you out with the slant route. Alcoa should forget the fact that CAK beat the Cyclones. I was much more impressed with Elizabethton than CAK not to disrespect CAK. Remember Elizabethton had their 3 best players, including the QB, hurt in that game. Elizabethton reminds me of a "poor man's" Maryville and I do mean that respectfully. They are well coached. Sean Witten reminds me of George Quarles with his play calling. I hope like heck the Alcoa kids do not look over on the other side during warm ups and see that Elizabethton only has about 40 players because that was my first impression at the start of the game. But let me tell you......about half of those players are Seniors and their lineman and linebackers/runningbacks do not go both ways so they are very fresh. Their passing game is going to give Alcoa fits and their QB is very, very athletic. Finally they play 2 runningbacks. Number 25 can absolutely fly and is probably the fastest kid I have seen this year. Number 33 is bigger and is more of a between the tackles kind of runner with quick feet. Alcoa will be able to run the ball though. AE would have been a much better match up for Alcoa IMHO plus it is just different playing up here. It will be about 10 degrees colder than what the Alcoa kids are used to. Just a different environment. I'm excited about the match up as I wont have to drive far to see my Tornadoes :thumb:

Obviously you were not at that game. All Betsy players started the game and were injured during the game. The only difference maker would have been the W/R who is also the kicker. They had a 44 yrd field goal at the end of the game for the win. However, to expect a HS player to routinely make 44 yrd feild goals with 10 seconds on the clock for the win is unrealistic. The back up QB actually gave CAK more trouble than the starter due to his ability to accurately throw. Everyone knew CAK's weakness on defense was the pass defense. Wth the exception of #23, they were exposed. To say that Betsy QB ks the most athletic, #2 @ CAK was very athletic and an excellent runner.

Bottom line, Betsy had a chance to show how good they were #6 rank vs #5 rank at home and couldn't get it done ! I do believe Betsy is as good as CAK and Loudon, but to dismiss Betsy's loss as a fluke due to injuries is disrespectfull. I would invite Betsy to join the district with CAK,Loudon, and Alcoa and see how well they do. It takes its toll on you year after year knowing you may win a state championship if you could just get out of your district. Alcoa has made both teams get better but they are not at Alcoa's level yet nor is Betsy. No one on Betsy team is like Toney, or Robinson. May be best 2 3a players in the state.

Keep talking trash and disrespecting the toughest district in 3a, and come live in their shoes for a season.

Poor old Elizabethton, they never had to play those big bad 3A teams. They only have had to play 6A teams like DB, the largest school in the state, the Science Hills, the Tennessee High teams, the Greeneville teams and always played them well. Those teams could never match up with your district 3A teams. You know our kids have never heard much about the Maryvilles and the Alcoas they just hear about their next game. These kids have played together since they were in the first grade, and are not a bunch of wagon jumpers that flock to Alcoa from Knoxville. They will play their hearts out for each other best friends on and off the field. Coach Witten will have them ready and with a few tricks he learned from Beamer Ball. They know how to play the game and have as much tallent as any team in the state.So go ahead and book your rooms at Cookville, but be sure you can get a refund.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get this started by saying how impressed I was tonight with the Cyclones. Since I live so close to Cyclone Stadium I couldn't miss the opportunity to see who my Tornadoes would face. Let me say this very LOUDLY-----Alcoa had better bring their A game. Elizabethton has a diverse and well balanced offense. They spread the field and have a QB who is more athletic than any one signal caller they have faced this year. Their WR's take take deep, almost sideline splits and they will wear you out with the slant route. Alcoa should forget the fact that CAK beat the Cyclones. I was much more impressed with Elizabethton than CAK not to disrespect CAK. Remember Elizabethton had their 3 best players, including the QB, hurt in that game. Elizabethton reminds me of a "poor man's" Maryville and I do mean that respectfully. They are well coached. Sean Witten reminds me of George Quarles with his play calling. I hope like heck the Alcoa kids do not look over on the other side during warm ups and see that Elizabethton only has about 40 players because that was my first impression at the start of the game. But let me tell you......about half of those players are Seniors and their lineman and linebackers/runningbacks do not go both ways so they are very fresh. Their passing game is going to give Alcoa fits and their QB is very, very athletic. Finally they play 2 runningbacks. Number 25 can absolutely fly and is probably the fastest kid I have seen this year. Number 33 is bigger and is more of a between the tackles kind of runner with quick feet. Alcoa will be able to run the ball though. AE would have been a much better match up for Alcoa IMHO plus it is just different playing up here. It will be about 10 degrees colder than what the Alcoa kids are used to. Just a different environment. I'm excited about the match up as I wont have to drive far to see my Tornadoes :thumb:

Obviously you were not at that game. All Betsy players started the game and were injured during the game. The only difference maker would have been the W/R who is also the kicker. They had a 44 yrd field goal at the end of the game for the win. However, to expect a HS player to routinely make 44 yrd feild goals with 10 seconds on the clock for the win is unrealistic. The back up QB actually gave CAK more trouble than the starter due to his ability to accurately throw. Everyone knew CAK's weakness on defense was the pass defense. Wth the exception of #23, they were exposed. To say that Betsy QB ks the most athletic, #2 @ CAK was very athletic and an excellent runner.

Bottom line, Betsy had a chance to show how good they were #6 rank vs #5 rank at home and couldn't get it done ! I do believe Betsy is as good as CAK and Loudon, but to dismiss Betsy's loss as a fluke due to injuries is disrespectfull. I would invite Betsy to join the district with CAK,Loudon, and Alcoa and see how well they do. It takes its toll on you year after year knowing you may win a state championship if you could just get out of your district. Alcoa has made both teams get better but they are not at Alcoa's level yet nor is Betsy. No one on Betsy team is like Toney, or Robinson. May be best 2 3a players in the state.

Keep talking trash and disrespecting the toughest district in 3a, and come live in their shoes for a season.

"Trash talking?" What are you talking about? I'm an Alcoa Homer. Why would I disrespect District 3A. I was at the game last night and I believe Elizabethton is clicking and presents a tough matchup for Alcoa. This is about Elizabethton and Alcoa....not CAK. You had your shot.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE predicting a sevier storm in Elizabethton this friday night. Around 7pm starting with a small cyclone that will last about 2 minutes then will turn into a FULL F5 TORNADO .With full and total Destruction in the red zone. Locals beware.
An F5 Tornado spits and sputters has played out faster than a first time back seat romp, but a CAT 5 Cyclone will last all night......

Congratulations Elizabethton on your win last night. The game between Betsy and the F5 will be an exciting one and I can't wait to see it. Wishing for an injury free game for both teams and sportsmanship on the field. Elizabethton is a great town and hope lots of Alcoa fans get the opportunity to visit for this game.

GO TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Alcoa Coach said, "The road is home to us, any playoff game is home to us." Let see how at home Alcoa feels in front of 6000 Cyclone fans.... Welcome Home.

Rankin did not say that :thumb:

I agree he did not say that. Can't get here fast enough!

Sorry, You are right it was your best player Toney that said that, We will Welcome Him and all of Alcoa Home. They have never seen a team or place like this.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/nov/2 ... artner=RSS

They have never seen a team or place like this.

Actually, Alcoa has seen teams and places just as intimidating or more than Elizabethton. They play at Maryville every other year to crowds of 10,000 - 12,000. You might also consider playing in State Championship games in the 35,000+ seat stadium at MTSU more intimidating than Elizabethton.

Just this year, they played 7 of 10 regular season games on the road. They opened to an overflow crowd at Bell County, Kentucky, the 2008 Kentucky 4-A state champions (by the way, Bell County is 12-1 this year with its one loss 42-14 against Alcoa). They also played at Fulton, CAK, and Loudon.

Bell County, 6-A Maryville, and CAK are undefeated in all games except their games with Alcoa. Loudon lost 2 games to Alcoa and 1 to CAK.

Elizabethton may beat Alcoa, but it will be because they have the better team that night, not because Alcoa is intimidated by the setting or opponent.

May be best 2 3a players in the state.

These two are good, not the best two IMHO. They both are probably in top 20.

District 3a is great this year. No doubt the best in 3a. Time will tell if CAK and Loudon can keep it up. I would bet that CAK is going to be good for years to come as long as they stay don't go Division II. IMO, Loudon will be up and down like many other schools.

They have never seen a team or place like this.

Actually, Alcoa has seen teams and places just as intimidating or more than Elizabethton. They play at Maryville every other year to crowds of 10,000 - 12,000. You might also consider playing in State Championship games in the 35,000+ seat stadium at MTSU more intimidating than Elizabethton.

Just this year, they played 7 of 10 regular season games on the road. They opened to an overflow crowd at Bell County, Kentucky, the 2008 Kentucky 4-A state champions (by the way, Bell County is 12-1 this year with its one loss 42-14 against Alcoa). They also played at Fulton, CAK, and Loudon.

Bell County, 6-A Maryville, and CAK are undefeated in all games except their games with Alcoa. Loudon lost 2 games to Alcoa and 1 to CAK.

Elizabethton may beat Alcoa, but it will be because they have the better team that night, not because Alcoa is intimidated by the setting or opponent.

Opps Sorry, I forgot you guys play every game in Neyland Stadium, I guess it won't be so bad up here in little old Elizabethton, I hope we don't inconvenience you.

May be best 2 3a players in the state.

These two are good, not the best two IMHO. They both are probably in top 20.

District 3a is great this year. No doubt the best in 3a. Time will tell if CAK and Loudon can keep it up. I would bet that CAK is going to be good for years to come as long as they stay don't go Division II. IMO, Loudon will be up and down like many other schools.

We are up and down because we don't have open enrollment and we are not private.We play with what comes walking thru the door.Some don't have that problem!