Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

They have never seen a team or place like this.

Actually, Alcoa has seen teams and places just as intimidating or more than Elizabethton. They play at Maryville every other year to crowds of 10,000 - 12,000. You might also consider playing in State Championship games in the 35,000+ seat stadium at MTSU more intimidating than Elizabethton.

Just this year, they played 7 of 10 regular season games on the road. They opened to an overflow crowd at Bell County, Kentucky, the 2008 Kentucky 4-A state champions (by the way, Bell County is 12-1 this year with its one loss 42-14 against Alcoa). They also played at Fulton, CAK, and Loudon.

Bell County, 6-A Maryville, and CAK are undefeated in all games except their games with Alcoa. Loudon lost 2 games to Alcoa and 1 to CAK.

Elizabethton may beat Alcoa, but it will be because they have the better team that night, not because Alcoa is intimidated by the setting or opponent.

Opps Sorry, I forgot you guys play every game in Neyland Stadium, I guess it won't be so bad up here in little old Elizabethton, I hope we don't inconvenience you.

I appreciate your youthful enthusiasm and support for your team. Because we are communicating through posts rather than face to face, I believe you misinterpreted the tone of my post. It was not made as a slight to Elizabethton or to imply that Alcoa is high and mighty. It was made simply to point out that Alcoa has faced this type of situation in the past, nothing more.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycloneprider do you have nothing else to do. If you have been to the games all 3 playoff games the stadium has not been close to being packed. They have been seats on the home side and a lot of seats on the visitors side. I have never seen Alcoa but I guess they are very good :roflolk: . You play the game and then go to Cookville or home.

There you go again, poor little Elizabethton they don't match up with the d-line of Alcoa. Elizabethton has one of the fastest d-lines in Tennessee, most of the score on the Cyclones came in the 4th where unlike most TN coaches Coach Witten was playing the JV and freshman kids. Coach Stan Ogg will have the Alcoa Team crazy with his D. They will stop the run first and force Alcoa to pass, then lookout just like CAK and AE. No team in TN has more picks than Elizabethton.

A few weeks ago when CAK played Betsy I truly enjoyed reading the comments that were posted before and after the game. But now I am disappointed about what I am reading concerning the game that was won by CAK 14-13. Here's my opinion, Cyclone fans put that game behind you, it's over and really counts for NOTHING against Alcoa.

As far as the stadium, crowd, noise, etc. MY SON LOVED IT! He has told me several times that our game with Betsy was by far his favorite in his 3 years of playing Varsity football.

A lot of talk about the defense and d-line of Betsy. I will not call any player out, all I am going to say is that Junior had a GOOD game playing against "one of the fastest d-line's in Tennessee"

Cycloneprider do you have nothing else to do. If you have been to the games all 3 playoff games the stadium has not been close to being packed. They have been seats on the home side and a lot of seats on the visitors side. I have never seen Alcoa but I guess they are very good :roflolk: . You play the game and then go to Cookville or home.

I really didn't want to pile on but since you said it I will also say I was very surprised at last night's crowd in Elizabethton. There were plenty of seats to find on the home side. The visitor's side wasn't half full IMHO. Plenty of room to walk around the track as well. The loudest group were the folks who have a party at the house on the other side of the fence in the corner of the endzone on the visitor's side. Now those folks know how to do it. Overall, I really thought there would be a bigger crowd.

There you go again, poor little Elizabethton they don't match up with the d-line of Alcoa. Elizabethton has one of the fastest d-lines in Tennessee, most of the score on the Cyclones came in the 4th where unlike most TN coaches Coach Witten was playing the JV and freshman kids. Coach Stan Ogg will have the Alcoa Team crazy with his D. They will stop the run first and force Alcoa to pass, then lookout just like CAK and AE. No team in TN has more picks than Elizabethton.

A few weeks ago when CAK played Betsy I truly enjoyed reading the comments that were posted before and after the game. But now I am disappointed about what I am reading concerning the game that was won by CAK 14-13. Here's my opinion, Cyclone fans put that game behind you, it's over and really counts for NOTHING against Alcoa.

As far as the stadium, crowd, noise, etc. MY SON LOVED IT! He has told me several times that our game with Betsy was by far his favorite in his 3 years of playing Varsity football.

A lot of talk about the defense and d-line of Betsy. I will not call any player out, all I am going to say is that Junior had a GOOD game playing against "one of the fastest d-line's in Tennessee"

I am looking forward to coming to CAK next year . You folks seem to be nice people and you should have another good team .

Alcoa has played lackluster each of their last two games and I believe that it is because they were playing both CAK & Loudon for the second time. It was just like that when Alcoa played those teams last year in the playoffs if you remember correctly. Elizabethton has a great team. They are not hosting a state semifinal game by accident. Alcoa is going to have to step up and play. The Alcoa people need to remember how the Marion County game nearly bit them in the state semifinals last year after their lackluster efforts against CAK & Loudon. Elizabethton this year is better than Marion County last year.

I believe Rankin gets the message across to his players and Alcoa wins by 21 this week. They are due for a breakout perfomance. Tornadoes roll 28-7 :roflolk:

You cannot stand along the track. You will get run off unless you have a lot of money then you can go on the track and stand :roflolk: . Yes that house was full last night and I am sure it will be the same way again this Friday. The yell and stuff but they do it the right way. I am sure they will be more people at the game this Friday but for all you old Cyclone fans the SH game in 88 and the DB game in 99 was the biggest crowds I ever saw at that stadium and now days I guess not as many people come to the games.

Sorry I interupted your district love fest, There will be an empty stadium a quiet crowd, and a team that should now even be on the field with the great Alcoa. So come on up, sip some tea, and the Cyclones will just lay down and let you walk on into Cookville the way it should be. We'll even tell the folks in the house to keep things quiet so you can watch the ball game.

Why do I find it hard to believe that Elizabethton brings 6000 people to a football game? I really dont expect the crowd to be any more full then when Alcoa played at CAK or Loudon.

Also why would a team in Elizabethton be called a Cyclone? Typically in Eastern United States they are called Hurricanes and by the time they get as far inland as Tennessee they are nothing more then a lil rain storm. Sure a Tornado my fizzle out but it does its damage for 48 minutes and leaves you standing destruction.

keep talking "tornado74". nobody seems to figure out that when the opposing team wants to get on here and claim how mighty they are, the only thing they are doing is adding fuel to the fire. ask AE how far the trash talking got them. even i expected a close game. but the boys from betsy came out pissed off and were way past ready to silence AE. AE was a huge win and a confidence booster for this week (finally beating a knoxville team). elizabethton is clicking on all cylinders and it couldnt have happended at a better time. look out alcoa, dont overlook this small town team. ill make my prediction later in the week. :roll:

keep talking "tornado74". nobody seems to figure out that when the opposing team wants to get on here and claim how mighty they are, the only thing they are doing is adding fuel to the fire. ask AE how far the trash talking got them. even i expected a close game. but the boys from betsy came out pissed off and were way past ready to silence AE. AE was a huge win and a confidence booster for this week (finally beating a knoxville team). elizabethton is clicking on all cylinders and it couldnt have happended at a better time. look out alcoa, dont overlook this small town team. ill make my prediction later in the week. :roll:

Ive never overlooked any team in any sport I follow however dont assume that Alcoa is "just another knoxville team". If you're comparing AE to Alcoa then you're gonna be in for a real surprise. Before Alcoa played CAK I spoke with a Loudon fan who asked where I played football, when I told him I had played at Alcoa he remarked "Oh well thats a whole different kind of football up there"