MBA vs MUS

oldgoldandorange91

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the obsession with "travel time." Some posters sound like riding a bus for 3-4 hours is a life draining experience for a 17 yr old athlete. (I also feel the "homefield advantage" is overrated) And to say MBA wants the game more? Priceless. Kinda like the Ensworth poster who said MBA didn't want to play them: great poster board material.

Hadouken - how does MUS get those 18 points? Would that be 6 FGs? 2 TDs and 2 safeties?

3 TDs and 3 missed extra points? 2 TDs, 2 missed extra points, and 2 FGs? 1 TD, 1 safety and 3 FGs?

9 safeties? 4 FGs and 3 safeties? 2 FGs and 6 safeties? 2 TDs (with 2 point conversions) and 1 safety?

1 TD with missed extra point and 4 FGs(or 6 safeties)? 2 TDs, 1 missed extra point, 1 FG and 1 safety? 2 TDs, 1 two point conversion and 1 FG? (my favorite) Some other combo? Inquiring minds want to know.

If MBA wins, it will be in a very close game, perhaps decided by a Fletcher FG. An MUS victory margin could narrow to wide, although nothing close to last year's 35-7 score. Depends on the health status of the MUS backfield. The defense will always be game. That usually wins playoff games. We'll find out in 11 days. Hope it doesn't snow. The 37 degree weather at night last year was bad enough. Don't know why but it bothered BA a lot more. I think MUS had better gloves. Never skimp on gloves.

Its unlikely MBA will get 24 points, MBA will need to have MUS commit some turnovers and play a perfect day, but the most consistent thing about this MUS team is its DEFENSE! Even if Brunettei and Mcbride are hurt that defense is going to do their part. Also the only reality MUS has is winning.

So MUS 31 MBA 14

It's been great to see this MBA team rally at towards the end of the season, and the last two upsets have been huge wins for the Big Red, but MUS is clearly the favorite in this game. They've won 25 games in a row while playing the toughest schedule in the league, and they have a very talented backfield. Is MBA capable of beating MUS? Absolutely. But, MBA will have to play close to perfect and they will have to capitalize on an MUS mistake or two. I believe that MUS is the only team in DII that holds a winning record over MBA, so I'd love to see MBA win, but it's not going to be easy. Good luck to the Big Red.

Couldn't agree more, RedTwin. We were a little disappointed to see EHS lose to you, what with all the buildup and anticipation of 2 unbeaten nationally ranked teams meeting in Cookeville. We have never played EHS in anything but BBall once. We wanted to see Darkwa and Robinson in person, not on the net. But there is no other team we would rather play than MBA. We're tired of playing (and usually losing to) BA. We are indeed fortunate to have a slight series edge on you. Both schools are remarkable similar - serious about academics and athletics, similar student body makeup, etc. When I lived in Nashville, most of my friends and associates were MBA and/or Vanderbilt grads. I was a "sidewalk alum" for MBA. We look forward to playing you again. We know you won't be outplayed, outhearted or outcoached. May the game be exciting and the players not get hurt.