MBA vs MUS

oldgoldandorange91

MBA is going to bring MUS back to reality. MBA has had an outstanding run in the playoffs, and I don't think it stops with MUS.

MBA 24 - MUS 18

Hadouken,

Based on your other posts, it's apparent that you have grossly miscalculated MUS' true strength. The conclusions that you drew about MUS (after a sub-standard performance vs Father Ryan) are woefully faulty.

I've seen MUS play three different times this season versus quality competition, including their impressive victory over South Panola.... Trust me when I tell you--MUS is anything but overrated! Their typical Gold-Standard performance was on display in all those games, and most others.

No disrespect to Father Ryan, but MUS' performance in that game was an aberration.

-------------------------------------

MUS 28 -- MBA 17

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owlbooster I am a recently new member to CoachT, and i couldn't help but notice that while you take no hesitancy in calling out others on their immature and juvenile remarks, you have made a living in bashing whoever MUS plays on a variety of topics.

Now now, leave owlbooster alone. He is hardly ever wrong and will not berate anyone.

GloryUnderTheLights - It would take you all of 10 minutes to go back and read all my posts. If you did so, which you apparently won't, you would find that what I said is true. I have not said a single negative thing about an opponent on our schedule. Yet you said I "made a living in bashing whoever MUS plays on a variety of topics." A HUGE whopper. The only errors, mistakes, mishaps, etc. I have mentioned were those committed by MUS. The written record speaks for itself. Either you are 1. In LaLa land 2. Have mistaken me for somebody else. 3. Are a bold faced "prevaricator" with an agenda. I'm leaning now toward number three, so I won't be holding my breath waiting for a retraction much less an apology.

For those of you that asked, I am trying to find out when the MUS team leaves for Cookeville. FYI, Webb came down last Thursday for the Friday game against ECS. Of course, they were coming from Knoxville, which is about 110 miles further than Cookevile. Maybe that was a factor in their easy win. MUS will be in session until 11:50 on Dec 3. Hopefully, the players will be exempt from that and can leave early or even the day before. Don't know if the budget allows the substantial expense of an Wednesday overnight stay, but I imagine the parents could afford it.

As far as why Brunetti chose West Virginia, he has had few words to say about it. There was a brief article in the Commercial Appeal about it when he committed, but all I remember is that he said it was just a "good fit." I believe his uncle from Nashville accompanied him on his trip there. Curiously, there is a highly touted QB in Texas who also says he is leaning toward WVA. Strange. Wonder what Brunetti does if that guy commits also.

As far as why Brunetti chose West Virginia, he has had few words to say about it. There was a brief article in the Commercial Appeal about it when he committed, but all I remember is that he said it was just a "good fit." I believe his uncle from Nashville accompanied him on his trip there. Curiously, there is a highly touted QB in Texas who also says he is leaning toward WVA. Strange. Wonder what Brunetti does if that guy commits also.

He can go to Michigan and be with RichRod

All things considering, MBA is lucky to be in the game in the first place. No disrespect, because I would love to see them pull off the Cinderella upset, I don't see it happening though. MUS simply has more talent from top to bottom. My prediction is Mr. Brunetti goes out in fashion and leads the Owls to yet another state title.

Memphis University School 35 Montgomery Bell Academy 14 :roflol:

All things considering, MBA is lucky to be in the game in the first place. No disrespect, because I would love to see them pull off the Cinderella upset, I don't see it happening though. MUS simply has more talent from top to bottom. My prediction is Mr. Brunetti goes out in fashion and leads the Owls to yet another state title.

Memphis University School 35 Montgomery Bell Academy 14 ;)

Brilliant and incisive! I'm with you all the way in noting how lucky MBA was to beat Ensworth and BA on their own fields after fairly convincing losses in the regular season. It's funny how often lucky teams are also well coached, well disciplined, and work hard every play. Quite the consequence.

Memphis University School 35 Montgomery Bell Academy 14 :wacko:

Brilliant and incisive! I'm with you all the way in noting how lucky MBA was to beat Ensworth and BA on their own fields after fairly convincing losses in the regular season. It's funny how often lucky teams are also well coached, well disciplined, and work hard every play. Quite the consequence.

Good point. The hard work and discipline obviously has payed off for the Big Red. My hat's off to the job their coaching staff has done this season.