ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not worried about Milan. There was a discussion about depth and I put in my 2 cents

About depth? Milan's undefeated.... 28-1 in 2 seasons.. I don't think depth is going to be a factor in this game. It's the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, This is every high school sports player dream. You play through injury and you never give up until the last second. I hope Alcoa thinks Milan doesn't have a chance because if that's the case then "REMEMBER THE DAWGS" will be the headlines in all the papers. :wacko:

Milan fans and players should be very proud of their accomplishments. Runner up and another this year or a state championship is nothing to be ashamed about HOWEVER, if you dont think depth will be a factor in the ball game then Milan is in trouble. By my official roster counts Milan has 66 players to Alcoas 95. Alcoa is a very physical team and Milan fans have liked to say that they are physical as well. In physical games teams will get beat up and wore down but Id gladly take a team with a 30 man advantage in any ball game like that.

Im not worried about Milan. There was a discussion about depth and I put in my 2 cents

About depth? Milan's undefeated.... 28-1 in 2 seasons.. I don't think depth is going to be a factor in this game. It's the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, This is every high school sports player dream. You play through injury and you never give up until the last second. I hope Alcoa thinks Milan doesn't have a chance because if that's the case then "REMEMBER THE DAWGS" will be the headlines in all the papers. :wacko:

Milan fans and players should be very proud of their accomplishments. Runner up and another this year or a state championship is nothing to be ashamed about HOWEVER, if you dont think depth will be a factor in the ball game then Milan is in trouble. By my official roster counts Milan has 66 players to Alcoas 95. Alcoa is a very physical team and Milan fans have liked to say that they are physical as well. In physical games teams will get beat up and wore down but Id gladly take a team with a 30 man advantage in any ball game like that.

Lol I don't think anybody will want to be taken out of this game. This is what high school football is all about. Injured or not, you never wanna be out of that game. Making memories and playing to be remembered is what its all about.

f5seekshelter,

I agree, I thought Alcoa was the better team last year. I thought it before we played the game and after. But, I believed if we executed like we should, If we ran the plays that got us there, we would have had a good chance of beating Alcoa even though they were the better team. My point is I don't know what lame excuses the other person was referring to cause I haven't heard any. Everyone knows who won. It's hard to argue that. Its easy get on here and say they heard lame excuses, I would just like to know what they heard because to date I have not heard any.

Okay. Remember you asked. While walking back to my vehicle after the game last year, I was discussing the game with a friend. Several of Milan's band members, along with what I thought were Milan fans, commented that Milan was a young team and they were not used to playing in that kind of game. They also stated that Milan did not play like they had during the season. Kinda what you stated above about executing. Again, these are the kinds of excuses that I am talking about. I again would say that Milan's lack of execution was due to a very good Alcoa team (both defense and offense). Rather than stating the obvious, seems like Milan fans wanted to excuse the loss to their lack of performance alone, rather than Alcoa just being the better team. Therefore, I tagged LAME excuses. Again, this was last years game and has no bearing whatsoever to this years game.

Lol I don't think anybody will want to be taken out of this game. This is what high school football is all about. Injured or not, you never wanna be out of that game. Making memories and playing to be remembered is what its all about.

Ill go ahead and tell you very few players have control on if they come out of the game or not. If you're showing injury or that you're tired the coach is gonna put someone else in. I dont care if my star tailback is hobbling on 1 leg. If I got a guy on the bench that is gonna run better then him cause he has 2 good legs then he's goin in the game. Remember there is a big difference between being "hurt" and being "injured"

Alcoas not unbeatable.... Wasn't it just 7-3 entering the 4th quarter two weeks ago? In the 3rd round?

What did they do to slow Alcoa down?

Something Milan can not do...............stop Alcoa's :wacko: run game!

LOL you've got to be kidding me. Alcoa will not run over Milan. Not a CHANCE. #19=Superman

Sure will! :lol: Alcoa WILL run for 250+ yards against Milan. JaRon Toney will finish with between 100-150 yards. Alcoa will only throw the ball 4-5 time max. PLUS, Alcoa WILL hold Milan to 14 points or less! I'm not scared to put it in black and white. I stated Alcoa would win 28-14 last year. Everyone said Milan would score way more than 14 points.............yawn......samething this year. Alcoa will produce sub- stained drives taking 6-8 minutes off the clock. This by simply pounding the rock right at Milan's line. Nothing fancy. BUT, something Milan WILL not stop. Alcoa will control the LOS and make Milan take it. See if I am not right! B)

Sure will! :wacko: Alcoa WILL run for 250+ yards against Milan. JaRon Toney will finish with between 100-150 yards. Alcoa will only throw the ball 4-5 time max. PLUS, Alcoa WILL hold Milan to 14 points or less! I'm not scared to put it in black and white. I stated Alcoa would win 28-14 last year. Everyone said Milan would score way more than 14 points.............yawn......samething this year. Alcoa will produce sub- stained drives taking 6-8 minutes off the clock. This by simply pounding the rock right at Milan's line. Nothing fancy. BUT, something Milan WILL not stop. Alcoa will control the LOS and make Milan take it. See if I am not right! :lol:

Ill take a 28-17 Alcoa score. If i was a bookie Id have Alcoa favored by at least 10 points.

Sure will! :wacko: Alcoa WILL run for 250+ yards against Milan. JaRon Toney will finish with between 100-150 yards. Alcoa will only throw the ball 4-5 time max. PLUS, Alcoa WILL hold Milan to 14 points or less! I'm not scared to put it in black and white. I stated Alcoa would win 28-14 last year. Everyone said Milan would score way more than 14 points.............yawn......samething this year. Alcoa will produce sub- stained drives taking 6-8 minutes off the clock. This by simply pounding the rock right at Milan's line. Nothing fancy. BUT, something Milan WILL not stop. Alcoa will control the LOS and make Milan take it. See if I am not right! B)

Alcoa will NOT run for 250+ you. You will get nowhere running up the middle. Alcoa will have no choice but throw the ball more than 5 times. You shall see sir. :lol:

Ok, I understand. So if Milan happens to beat Alcoa Friday, then there will be no comments similar to the ones we have been seeing from the other east Tennessee foes. None about Aloca's execution. If Milan happens to beat Alcoa then Milan is the better team period, right?

Ok, I understand. So if Milan happens to beat Alcoa Friday, then there will be no comments similar to the ones we have been seeing from the other east Tennessee foes. None about Aloca's execution. If Milan happens to beat Alcoa then Milan is the better team period, right?

I always say the better team always wins the game. I hate people who come on and say "Oh well if we executed like we did in this game, or if we did this play then instead of that play" If you played a cupcake team in Week 2 you might have executed the play. The fact is if you dont execute your plays dont blame it on mistakes, give the other team credit that they were better then you and caused you to make those mistakes!

Sure will! :wacko: Alcoa WILL run for 250+ yards against Milan. JaRon Toney will finish with between 100-150 yards. Alcoa will only throw the ball 4-5 time max. PLUS, Alcoa WILL hold Milan to 14 points or less! I'm not scared to put it in black and white. I stated Alcoa would win 28-14 last year. Everyone said Milan would score way more than 14 points.............yawn......samething this year. Alcoa will produce sub- stained drives taking 6-8 minutes off the clock. This by simply pounding the rock right at Milan's line. Nothing fancy. BUT, something Milan WILL not stop. Alcoa will control the LOS and make Milan take it. See if I am not right! :lol:

That is one of my biggest concerns. Your lines are your strong points and it will be a big challenge for the Dawgs in the trenches to go toe-to-toe with you guys. Sounds like on offense you guys just load up with Robinson and the FB in the backfield clearing holes for Toney? What is the fewest yards Alcoa has rushed for all year? I agree about the passing - you guys just aren't gonna throw it a lot. I know Rankin will have his team ready but I gotta believe in my Dawgs this year. Remember, this is the year of the Dawg!!