Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Ok, somebody said that if Greeneville would have been playing in the division that they were supposed to the last few years that they would have had to play Alcoa. That's wrong. Greeneville would have been in 3A and Alcoa is in 2A. But Greeneville was playing in 4A and ran into Morristown West or Maryville when all 3 had really good teams earlier this decade.

This is a tiresome conversation, dude and the point is moot since Greeneville historically chose to play up in classification. I do however have a problem with those who view us as having "stepped down in classification" this year....technically we remained in 4A....and we aren't a particularly large 4A school either at approximately 850 students. All of our previous conference foes in Five Rivers are 5A and 6A and our non-conference schedule still contains some of our traditional larger rivals. Like Giles county, this year brought changes that for many were unwanted. Those of you who said playing AA would make us weak....well we're here! We're here because of a Senior QB who waited 3 years for his chance to start....with a junior RB who lost half his regular season to an injury and still managed impressive numbers. We're here because of gutsy goal line stands and blocked kicks...with a sophomore kicker who can nail a 50 yarder and a senior punter who's gonna be difficult to replace. Hard Yards....thats what Ballard calls them and every one was earned. We're here because Nick Craney knocked the fire-snot out of RB's and Rob Wright made some amazing grabs in the corner of the end-zone. We're here because we dominated our district, and defeated Chattanooga's finest and won a brutal defensive battle against a determined White's Creek team....and for the first time in the history of Greeneville High School, we're playing for a championship....yeah playing AA made us weak.

Barb I know how you feel we've had our share of naysayers and this is also the first time in history Giles has been to the big game. We were told our schedule made us weak also. I guess it will be two teams that played mighty weak schedules battling it out for that elusive gold ball. Good Luck and I pray for a safe game and safe traveling for all.

Well heck I guess we should just stay home....

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Mr. Football Bo Wallace!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Mr. Football ! A tremendous honor and deserving of even this Greene Devil's applause. I am looking forward to seeing you play. Can any comment on his college preferences? I know Giles County is awfully close to that Crimson Tide state line.

His college preferences are Knoxville, Ole Miss, and LSU but he only has one offer from UT-Martin.

As the Mikey Turns. You are still not in the know son. At barely past 20 years you don't have a clue. You have served yourself up some serious CROW. :shock: For gosh sakes son, push away from the table.

Fool ; Definition. One who does or says the same thing OVER & OVER expecting different results.

The correct answer for those of who who asked is yes, there are schools showing him love. But right now he is focused on his TEAM and what they can accomplish together.

When HE wants you to know, you will know but I guarantee you that will be long after Saturday. :thumb:

As the Mikey Turns. You are still not in the know son. At barely past 20 years you don't have a clue. You have served yourself up some serious CROW. :thumb: For gosh sakes son, push away from the table.

Fool ; Definition. One who does or says the same thing OVER & OVER expecting different results.

The correct answer for those of who who asked is yes, there are schools showing him love. But right now he is focused on his TEAM and what they can accomplish together.

When HE wants you to know, you will know but I guarantee you that will be long after Saturday. :shock:

If you are so in the "know", how many offers does he have? He only has one :shock:

Fool= someone who argues with someone that they consider a fool OVER & OVER again expecting different results.

As the Mikey Turns. You are still not in the know son. At barely past 20 years you don't have a clue. You have served yourself up some serious CROW. :thumb: For gosh sakes son, push away from the table.

When HE wants you to know, you will know but I guarantee you that will be long after Saturday. :shock:

If you are so in the "know", how many offers does he have? He only has one :shock:

Fool= someone who argues with someone that they consider a fool OVER & OVER again expecting different results.

Nope. That's the sign of a dedicated teacher. If teachers were fools you would be pumping gas in S Carolina. Gravity flow here. Won't stop. Will fill. Even to which has abundant holes.

Read. After Saturday son. Remember the Team First part. Didn't figure that would fit into your cranium.

:shock: Hi haters...Omg SMH towards that certain someone man it feels good to be right..Ive said it once...under the pressure that this kid has been through from haters sayin he's not that good to the teams tryin to think of a way to shut him down and he outshined them handsdown he had to get the Mr.Football award eat crow you know who you are :thumb::shock:

I'd rather be a hater than a suckup :lol:

SMH? What does that stand for? You always have to go start stuff don't you? Everything was quiet and you go off and make this post.

Suckup? I always thought when you believed in someone or some team, you were a fan. Well just call me a suckup from now on, hater!

You better be making room for some more crow Mikey, if you have a chance ride by the high school real quick. There are some cars over there with some stickers on them that are from places you said would never come a callin.

Gotta give respect to norespect, he is the one that 1st said things were about to change in the intrest venue, how right it appears he was.

Congratulations to all the cats that helped to make the Mr. Football win possible for a cat.

:shock: Hi haters...Omg SMH towards that certain someone man it feels good to be right..Ive said it once...under the pressure that this kid has been through from haters sayin he's not that good to the teams tryin to think of a way to shut him down and he outshined them handsdown he had to get the Mr.Football award eat crow you know who you are :thumb::shock:

I'd rather be a hater than a suckup :lol:

SMH? What does that stand for? You always have to go start stuff don't you? Everything was quiet and you go off and make this post.

Suckup? I always thought when you believed in someone or some team, you were a fan. Well just call me a suckup from now on, hater!

That reference was towards Arshad just to rattle his cage a little. Didn't mean it the way you took it. Sorry.

If you are so in the "know", how many offers does he have? He only has one :thumb:

You better be making room for some more crow Mikey, if you have a chance ride by the high school real quick. There are some cars over there with some stickers on them that are from places you said would never come a callin.

Gotta give respect to norespect, he is the one that 1st said things were about to change in the intrest venue, how right it appears he was.

Congratulations to all the cats that helped to make the Mr. Football win possible for a cat.

I'm getting used to the taste anyways :shock: It won't be that bad. Can you come pick me up on the square and give me a ride over there. Hobo, remember?

Hey Likearock can I ask you this??? Honestly has Mike not been bashing and hating all year??? But now he's bein sarcastic sayin how great Bo and Giles County is :thumb: