Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

For the life of me I can't remember any GC fans implying Greeneville shouldn't show up. I really don't feel like reading all those posts again so if I may say for the last time-Giles knows that Greeneville is a good team they are expecting no less than for them to play us for 4 quarters and give it there all as we will also do. You don't make it this far just to show up, you have every intention of walking off that field the winner-both teams have confidence in themselves as well as the fans having confidence in their teams. We have had people saying all year GC hasn't really played anybody they had a weak schedule that will hurt them come playoff time, but seems that weak schedule hasn't hurt us so far.

This will probably be one of the best games we have played all year, our boys never give up-just as I understand yours don't either. So understand alot of the talk is not from GC fans we understand Greeneville will give all they got.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the move this year when I heard about it.I was wrong and we should have been playing schools our own size for all these years.I still will never talk trash about beating the smaller schools that just don't have what we have had at Greeneville for years.I hope Greeneville can finish the job next week.Either way,it brings a lot of pride to us old Devils to see what this team has done in 2009.

Yep....think of how many trips to the state the Devils would have had if they had been playing in the right class the past10 years, and didn't have to go through Morristown & Maryville to get there....anyway congrats and good luck you are carrying the flag for the conference as well as all Northeast Tennessee. GO DEVILS!!!!

Sorry I disagree with that, because before the classes were split into subdivisions this year, we would have had to get through Alcoa. I think we would have made it until they played Alcoa though.

For the life of me I can't remember any GC fans implying Greeneville shouldn't show up. I really don't feel like reading all those posts again so if I may say for the last time-Giles knows that Greeneville is a good team they are expecting no less than for them to play us for 4 quarters and give it there all as we will also do. You don't make it this far just to show up, you have every intention of walking off that field the winner-both teams have confidence in themselves as well as the fans having confidence in their teams. We have had people saying all year GC hasn't really played anybody they had a weak schedule that will hurt them come playoff time, but seems that weak schedule hasn't hurt us so far.

This will probably be one of the best games we have played all year, our boys never give up-just as I understand yours don't either. So understand alot of the talk is not from GC fans we understand Greeneville will give all they got.

There have been a few, maybe not from you Boys, but there were some... like "team of destiny." "Greeneville has week schedule, that's all you need to know." "No one can stop Bo."

Things like that...

Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another. Not saying it came from you, but others.

There have been a few, maybe not from you Boys, but there were some... like "team of destiny." "Greeneville has week schedule, that's all you need to know." "No one can stop Bo."

Things like that...

Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another. Not saying it came from you, but others.

Bud...really...You might want to check a post or two above where one of your fans talks about how many state finals Gville would have been to if they hadn't had to play Morristown and Maryville. Then one of your own fans reminds him of Alcoa.

Just remember your own words, confidence is one thing arrogance is another!

Things like that...

Bud...really...You might want to check a post or two above where one of your fans talks about how many state finals Gville would have been to if they hadn't had to play Morristown and Maryville. Then one of your own fans reminds him of Alcoa.

Just remember your own words, confidence is one thing arrogance is another!

Yeah but I'm not the one spouting off about championships. Greeneville has 0, nil, squaduesch. Forthe Boys asked a question. I answered.

Come on who cares who played who.yes greenville finally got away from playing maryville in the playoffs.but giles co. moved up a class this year.but who cares.let's hears some scores.predictions.

Massey ratings has Giles winning 29-24

Earl Nall has Giles an 8 pt favorite

Sonny Moore gives Giles a 9 pt edge.

Ken Massey also had Red Bank destroying Greeneville. We've heard his story before and those numbers don't matter.

This might be another of Ken's cousins...lets ask JW.

Bud...read fortheboys post again...there are NO questions in it, only compliments for your team and support for the cats.

"For the life of me I can't remember any GC fans implying Greeneville shouldn't show up. I really don't feel like reading all those posts again" Exact quote form Boys.

OK, maybe not a question but an implication. Geez, you Giles Coutny fans are so sensative.

Bud...read fortheboys post again...there are NO questions in it, only compliments for your team and support for the cats.

"For the life of me I can't remember any GC fans implying Greeneville shouldn't show up. I really don't feel like reading all those posts again" Exact quote form Boys.

OK, maybe not a question but an implication. Geez, you Giles Coutny fans are so sensative.

:D Bud your trying real hard to get something started this morning, just go ahead and do it.....a few of us will gladly oblige you. Go ahead and step off in it.....we're waiting :lol:

Bud. I keep trying to tell ya that we have a lot in common. We are sensitive due to the "Who Dat" syndrome. ALL season Giles have heard the; your schedule is weak, they are bigger, they are faster, where the heck is Giles, your defense sucks, why do you have midgets at wr, you have no team speed like ours, and so on. Page, Spring Hill, & David Lipscomb are the only ones that gave us respect due to them being in our old 5-3a and knowing we work hard and are prepared. We totally expect Greeneville to be prepared, well coached, and in it for 4 quarters. If we are "touchy" at times it usually stems from having to defend our young men. :D