Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Bulldog. Notice how G'ville has quietened down since this morning? Some food for thought as to the quiz.

1st and foremost. I told them Giles fans were off in the head. I'm pretty sure they are hoping the meds kick in for us so we'll start being coherent.

2nd. People "inside" have either seen tapes or talked to the coaches. They have a little understanding of Who Dat is.

Finally, they got themselves a match up with a blue collar TEAM that's sound. No toss the ball to the shadow. Keon thing) No stop 2 players and you've got the win. And I'm pretty sure they are starting to understand the "Bo" factor. :D

And then it could be because its 12:16am in them mountains and they sleeping! :lol:

So sorry we to bed at a decent time. Some of us have to get up in the morning and make a decent living. Greeneville understands they have a "matchup." It's the state championship, you have to be pretty darn good to get here, which I don't think a lot of you Giles fans are understanding. Greeneville is pretty darn good. And all I've heard you talk about is Bo this and Bo that. Then you spout off about having more than one player. Every team has more than one player. Red Bank had Keon, yes, but he wasn't the only player on the field two weeks ago, just like Bo won't be the only player on the field Saturday. I'm sure he is great. I haven't seen him play. Really excited to get to actually and I wish nothing but luck for him. But my question is, have you seen Greeneville play? The Devils will show up Saturday afternoon and I'm sure "Bo will know" who they are by the end of the game, no matter the outcome.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :D

They only scored six points vs maryville btw in the game he is talkin about..And Giles County also played a very great 2008 DL team into the 2009 season which their team went to the state finals..very close scores too I think the second game was 18 to 17 DL

How much did Giles score on Maryville?

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :D

They only scored six points vs maryville btw in the game he is talkin about..And Giles County also played a very great 2008 DL team into the 2009 season which their team went to the state finals..very close scores too I think the second game was 18 to 17 DL

Of all my time on coacht and of all the threads I've read, Torch this has to be the worst and dumbest argument I've heard. So please clear it up for me a bit. Are you stating Greeneville is better than Giles Co. due to the fact Maryville beat the fool out of your team last year? Or is it because Giles Co. didn't get the crap beat out of them that Gville will win? The better argument would be that Giles will win big because Gville is known for choking in the big games, just going on the prior points posted in previous posts. I'm not here to judge but rather to attempt to understand your argument.

Of all my time on coacht and of all the threads I've read, Torch this has to be the worst and dumbest argument I've heard. So please clear it up for me a bit. Are you stating Greeneville is better than Giles Co. due to the fact Maryville beat the fool out of your team last year? Or is it because Giles Co. didn't get the crap beat out of them that Gville will win? The better argument would be that Giles will win big because Gville is known for choking in the big games, just going on the prior points posted in previous posts. I'm not here to judge but rather to attempt to understand your argument.

Don't get your briefs in a bind man, all I asked is how many did Giles score on Maryville. Yes, GHS did get beat soundly by Maryville, but hey, we made it to that game. All the GHS fans are saying is that the Devils are not a pushover. I don't know which team will win come Saturday, but by reading the posts it's apparently in the bag with the "great" GC team. I guess we GHS fans might as well give up, NOT! Straighten up your briefs it will make you feel a lot better.

Ok, so the holidays are over and if we are to believe all the GC posters, then we'll return to the pre-holiday training schedule of pizza and bowling on Wed, camping and ghost stories on Thurs culminating with manicure, chick-flick and slumber-party Friday night at my house. I hope BJ and Wes don't hog all the veggie pizza this time...Big Rell, no crying at the end of Steel Magnolias and tell your daddy to leave his mega-phone in the car this time. We don't need cheering during "50 first dates". And no pranks on the defensive line this time....you know how sensitive those big boys are....Oh I'm so excited!!!!

Barb..you and Torch.are soooooooooooooo funny. Just because the Giles faithful get on here and actually talk football....We do have the "As the Mikey Turns" saga, I'll give you that.

I've heard very little talk about Gvilles game other than that they can play both ways game after game and never get winded, cuz there good ole mountian boys. C'mon Barb, surely you can promote and discuss your lil Devils better than that.

GREENEVILLE IS THE WORST TEAM LEFT IN THE PLAYOFFS WHITES CREEK GOT SCREWED AND EVERYONE AT THAT GAME SAW THE CRAPPY CALLS THAT WERE MADE THE LATE HIT ON A PLAYER WHO WAVED A FAIR CATCH ONE WAS HURT AND COULD HAVE BEEN HURT MORE. THE CATCHES THAT HIT THE GROUND ALL IM SAYING IS BOTH TEAMS WORKED TO GET THERE AND REFEREES GAVE THE GAME AWAY THOSE YOUNG MEN DESERVED A FAIR CHANCE TO WIN AND AFTER ALL OF THAT WE STILL COULD HAVE TIED THE SCORE. GREENEVILLE IS UNATHELETIC SLOW EVEN ON A VERY NICE HOME FIELD AND AFTER WATCHING THE RED BANK TAPE THERE LUCK HAS TO RUN OUT.

OMG shut the heck up!!! whites creek got more calls than greeneville by far!!! you just like lionsheart! your a sore loser and a big baby!!! grow up, get off the pacifier, and go on start practicing basketball!!! greeneville won, whitescreek lost and thats final...and yes ya'll did have a chance to tie it up but guess what, YOU DIDN'T!!! so get off the football thread and go talk on the basketball one cause your players will be practicing basketball today while greeneville will be back out on that pretty carpet

Barb..you and Torch.are soooooooooooooo funny. Just because the Giles faithful get on here and actually talk football....We do have the "As the Mikey Turns" saga, I'll give you that.

I've heard very little talk about Gvilles game other than that they can play both ways game after game and never get winded, cuz there good ole mountian boys. C'mon Barb, surely you can promote and discuss your lil Devils better than that.

Barb is simply replaying a discussion a few weeks ago on the Red Bank thread. Pretty humorous conversation. All she is saying that according to Giles fans, Greeneville shouldn't even show up Saturday. Hey Barb, I'll bring the popcorn this week. I'll get original, movie butter, kettle, and caramel.

As for the team, BJ Spradlin earns every yard he gets. He is almost annoying to other teams defenses. He gets those tough 4-5 yard carries every down that just wear a team out and occaisonally he breaks one for 12-15 yards. QB Wes Quarles can run when you aren't expecting him to. He has some dandy WR's to pick from. The best one probably being Rob Wright. Tough kid with good hands and will go up to get the ball. If Giles covers him well, He Quarles also has Landon Morrison, and a few other favorites.

But the best part of Greeneville's team is their defense. Their line is fast, very fast! They will get pressure on the QB. The line backers will fly to the ball and boy will Autin Perkins and the boys hit you. The secondary has improved over the year. Mainly because they are all healthy with Brock Church back and Landon Morrison oppisate him at corner. It's hard to go deep cause Quarles is the safety. He's tall and athletic and won't do anything stupid to get the team killed. Hope that helps!

Come on who cares who played who.yes greenville finally got away from playing maryville in the playoffs.but giles co. moved up a class this year.but who cares.let's hears some scores.predictions.

Massey ratings has Giles winning 29-24

Earl Nall has Giles an 8 pt favorite

Sonny Moore gives Giles a 9 pt edge.

Ken Massey also had Red Bank destroying Greeneville. We've heard his story before and those numbers don't matter.