Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Chevy, Greenville is more of a Page or DL type team. Execution and discipline plus unlike LTM they will adjust. I agree Giles offense is hard to stop. If the Greeneville fans would check with their D coordinator he would probably tell them Giles runs more formations in one game than all the other teams they have faced combined all year. Thing is they actually run different plays out of different formations. Lets hope G/ville puts most of the practice time this week working on defense. :thumb:

..#87 Rob Wright is their leading WR...Quarles is not much of a runner..he can tho at 6'3 190/ Bj spalding is quite the workhorse at runningback..Most of them on the roster play both ways..it is gonna be tough for them to compete foot on the gas the whole time I hope they manage their timeouts well..Greeneville getting tired can be a real factor for their team.

Your absolutely right 221. As you well know any defense that plays GC finds out really quick they have to cover the whole field, sideline to sideline and what....60 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage. If they are going both ways they better have their motor ready and plenty of fuel in the tank. The cats have a unique way of hitting you in the gut with 33, then working a speed play with 22, 14 or 12 and then as soon as you take a moment off 20 has settled in an opening in the zone and its 12 yards and 1st down. I used to go both ways and I wouldn't care to try it against them.

Do yall really think this is Greeneville's first time going both ways against a high power offense? Greeneville has been doing it for years. There ability to run with the big boys in the 4 quarters has been there bread and butter for a long time. I remember playing Mo-west in 06 and they easily had double the amount of players on the roster. I'd bet the house the devils players that go both ways can out condition your one way players any Friday night.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WiseOldManGiles no one besides people in East Tennessee knows who Greeneville is. We hear the same thing every week form teams west of Knoxville that its going to be an easy win. Whites Creek coach said that they he didn't understand why they had to travel so far to play for a State title. I'll be at the Game Saturday and if you are Better than Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before then you deserve the Title :thumb:

Your absolutely right 221. As you well know any defense that plays GC finds out really quick they have to cover the whole field, sideline to sideline and what....60 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage. If they are going both ways they better have their motor ready and plenty of fuel in the tank. The cats have a unique way of hitting you in the gut with 33, then working a speed play with 22, 14 or 12 and then as soon as you take a moment off 20 has settled in an opening in the zone and its 12 yards and 1st down. I used to go both ways and I wouldn't care to try it against them.

Do yall really think this is Greeneville's first time going both ways against a high power offense? Greeneville has been doing it for years. There ability to run with the big boys in the 4 quarters has been there bread and butter for a long time. I remember playing Mo-west in 06 and they easily had double the amount of players on the roster. I'd bet the house the devils players that go both ways can out condition your one way players any Friday night.

You got a bet, most anyone will tell you GC is one of the most conditioned teams in the state. OC wouldn't have it anyother way.

Chevy, Greenville is more of a Page or DL type team. Execution and discipline plus unlike LTM they will adjust. I agree Giles offense is hard to stop. If the Greeneville fans would check with their D coordinator he would probably tell them Giles runs more formations in one game than all the other teams they have faced combined all year. Thing is they actually run different plays out of different formations. Lets hope G/ville puts most of the practice time this week working on defense. :thumb:

..#87 Rob Wright is their leading WR...Quarles is not much of a runner..he can tho at 6'3 190/ Bj spalding is quite the workhorse at runningback..Most of them on the roster play both ways..it is gonna be tough for them to compete foot on the gas the whole time I hope they manage their timeouts well..Greeneville getting tired can be a real factor for their team.

gonna have to go back 4 or 5 yaers to see how greeneville competes "foot on the gas" We've played up a division (should have been 2A before reclassification)Stood across the field from twice our size and managed to come out on top more than a few times. Time and again we've heard"superior talent" and "superior depth" (red bank and whites creek) and fought for the win. Keep thinking happy thoughts arshad...these mountain boys might surprise you.

Whoever you are barb..Im not thinking anything anybody will tell you it is not easy playin both ways gas pedal down the whole game...This is the state final its going to be tough thats all im saying

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :thumb:

They only scored six points vs maryville btw in the game he is talkin about..And Giles County also played a very great 2008 DL team into the 2009 season which their team went to the state finals..very close scores too I think the second game was 18 to 17 DL

That DL team didn't make it to the championship game, they got put out in the semifinals. You are thinking of the 2007 year when DL won state.

You got a bet, most anyone will tell you GC is one of the most conditioned teams in the state. OC wouldn't have it anyother way.

With a statment like "most anyone will tell you GC is one of the most conditioned teams in the state" tell me one person East of Chattanooga that will vouch for that statement. Heck 99% of the people east of Chattanooga prob not even heard of GC up to about the second or third round of playoffs. So to say something like "most anyone will tell you GC is one of the most conditioned teams in the state" holds no water and is just plane stupid.

Giles County Bobcats Stat Sheet Stuffers

Bo Wallace 187-264 2973 yards with a 70% completion rating and 36 td's/122 carries 843 yards with a 6.7 yard av with 11 td's

Tobais HoustonRb/Wr

217carries 1438 yards with a 6.6 yard av and 21 td's/42 Catches 505 yards with a 12.3 ypc av and 4 td's

Rb/Wr Josh Smith 34 rec 427 yards with a 12.6 ypc av with 5 td's

Wr Tyler Watson 46 rec 691 yards with a 12.8 ypc av and 5 td's

Wr Zach Bailey 50 catches 1314 yards with a 26.3 ypc av and 17 td's :thumb:

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :thumb:

They only scored six points vs maryville btw in the game he is talkin about..And Giles County also played a very great 2008 DL team into the 2009 season which their team went to the state finals..very close scores too I think the second game was 18 to 17 DL

That DL team didn't make it to the championship game, they got put out in the semifinals. You are thinking of the 2007 year when DL won state.

Youre right but still that was a great team some of our players faced

With a statment like "most anyone will tell you GC is one of the most conditioned teams in the state" tell me one person East of Chattanooga that will vouch for that statement. Heck 99% of the people east of Chattanooga prob not even heard of GC up to about the second or third round of playoffs. So to say something like "most anyone will tell you GC is one of the most conditioned teams in the state" holds no water and is just plane stupid.

Bam. Another there you go! Who Dat? Giles Who?