Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any stats on Greeneville Qb and Runningback? I know they run a spread formation thats about it..Whites Creek was a nice team after losing a former member to violence they played their hearts out for him to make it to that point but came up short. Whites Creek really didn't pass the ball quite well because their a running team..their special teams are not good either...Giles County has very good balance passing and running how is the matchup looking so far? :o

Another running team that plays from the spread....silly me...I always thought that was a passing formation. Seems like everyone tries to do it that way nowadays though. Looks like the Liberty game was a nice primer for Gville. Though I still do not know that much about Gville I can't imagine they can run it much better than Liberty. The cats matched up well against Liberty on defense. Is Gville's QB much of a runner?

Not to sound boisterous, but I feel good about the GC offense against anyone in the state. Their balance and ability to execute impresses a bit more every game. They have had every defense imaginable thrown at them this year and nothing has stopped them yet.

Lets Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope thats adequate !'s :thumb:

Anybody have any stats on Greeneville Qb and Runningback? I know they run a spread formation thats about it..Whites Creek was a nice team after losing a former member to violence they played their hearts out for him to make it to that point but came up short. Whites Creek really didn't pass the ball quite well because their a running team..their special teams are not good either...Giles County has very good balance passing and running how is the matchup looking so far? :thumb:

I did some research and couldn't find any reliable stats anywhere. unapproved website has a few stats for the team but I don't think they are complete..if they are they don't look to good.

Chevy, Greenville is more of a Page or DL type team. Execution and discipline plus unlike LTM they will adjust. I agree Giles offense is hard to stop. If the Greeneville fans would check with their D coordinator he would probably tell them Giles runs more formations in one game than all the other teams they have faced combined all year. Thing is they actually run different plays out of different formations. Lets hope G/ville puts most of the practice time this week working on defense. :thumb:

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :thumb:

Chevy, Greenville is more of a Page or DL type team. Execution and discipline plus unlike LTM they will adjust. I agree Giles offense is hard to stop. If the Greeneville fans would check with their D coordinator he would probably tell them Giles runs more formations in one game than all the other teams they have faced combined all year. Thing is they actually run different plays out of different formations. Lets hope G/ville puts most of the practice time this week working on defense. :thumb:

..#87 Rob Wright is their leading WR...Quarles is not much of a runner..he can tho at 6'3 190/ Bj spalding is quite the workhorse at runningback..Most of them on the roster play both ways..it is gonna be tough for them to compete foot on the gas the whole time I hope they manage their timeouts well..Greeneville getting tired can be a real factor for their team.

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :thumb:

They only scored six points vs maryville btw in the game he is talkin about..And Giles County also played a very great 2008 DL team into the 2009 season which their team went to the state finals..very close scores too I think the second game was 18 to 17 DL

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :o

There you go. Our biggest advantage. Who Dat? Giles who? :thumb:

Greeneville isn't flashy team. Like WiseOldMan said they are very discipline and will adjust. They are not the fastest team but they fly to the ball and will stick you and make you think about it the next time you touch the ball. Quarles the QB can both run and pass. He has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for over 500. The main RB is Spradlin who has rushed for close to 1,200 yards and missed almost half the season. There are also 3 other RB that have rushed for 400 yards. On both offense and Defense they have Veterans and Youth. They have played in big games since their freshman and sophmore year and wont give up. I don't know much about Giles County but The Junior and Senior class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before. It should be a good hard hitting game :o

There you go. Our biggest advantage. Who Dat? Giles who? :thumb:

Must be a Saints fan haha

..#87 Rob Wright is their leading WR...Quarles is not much of a runner..he can tho at 6'3 190/ Bj spalding is quite the workhorse at runningback..Most of them on the roster play both ways..it is gonna be tough for them to compete foot on the gas the whole time I hope they manage their timeouts well..Greeneville getting tired can be a real factor for their team.

gonna have to go back 4 or 5 yaers to see how greeneville competes "foot on the gas" We've played up a division (should have been 2A before reclassification)Stood across the field from twice our size and managed to come out on top more than a few times. Time and again we've heard"superior talent" and "superior depth" (red bank and whites creek) and fought for the win. Keep thinking happy thoughts arshad...these mountain boys might surprise you.

Your absolutely right 221. As you well know any defense that plays GC finds out really quick they have to cover the whole field, sideline to sideline and what....60 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage. If they are going both ways they better have their motor ready and plenty of fuel in the tank. The cats have a unique way of hitting you in the gut with 33, then working a speed play with 22, 14 or 12 and then as soon as you take a moment off 20 has settled in an opening in the zone and its 12 yards and 1st down. I used to go both ways and I wouldn't care to try it against them.