Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

You called us rednecks earlier.. You said you are a city school, when your school name is clearly GILES COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL. We are the city school, your the county school. Where is Giles County anyways? I think there is a reason noone has ever heard of it.

P.S. Greene Devils get your pitchforks and your bam bams ready, were goin to state@!

I think if you go back and read it wasn't Giles fans-I believe that would have been bulldog.

Just for the record Giles County High School is located in the city limits but it draws students from all over the county. We only have 2 high schools here, you either go to GC or Richland which is in the northern part of the county. So I guess we could be classified both.

It's nice when 2 unknowns are playing for state!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You called us rednecks earlier.. You said you are a city school, when your school name is clearly GILES COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL. We are the city school, your the county school. Where is Giles County anyways? I think there is a reason noone has ever heard of it.

P.S. Greene Devils get your pitchforks and your bam bams ready, were goin to state@!

I think if you go back and read it wasn't Giles fans-I believe that would have been bulldog.

Just for the record Giles County High School is located in the city limits but it draws students from all over the county. We only have 2 high schools here, you either go to GC or Richland which is in the northern part of the county. So I gues we could be classified both.

It would be nice to consolidate and have two schools, we have five. But it will never happen, I'm just beating an old drum. Too big of a county and too big of rivals to bring them together now. Not to mention the financial problems that would occur. But man, we would have some pretty good athletic teams.

Just for the record Giles County High School is located in the city limits but it draws students from all over the county. We only have 2 high schools here, you either go to GC or Richland which is in the northern part of the county. So I gues we could be classified both.

It would be nice to consolidate and have two schools, we have five. But it will never happen, I'm just beating an old drum. Too big of a county and too big of rivals to bring them together now. Not to mention the financial problems that would occur. But man, we would have some pretty good athletic teams.

Don't see it happening here either-the powers that be would never let that happen-I think it would benefit both programs.

Don't see it happening here either-the powers that be would never let that happen-I think it would benefit both programs.

Consolidation would be disastrous for Greeneville....the county schools would benefit some from increased revenue but there's no way they'd build 2 super-schools...600 square miles of county would mean bussing kids at 6 am to get'em all in. As it is with Greeneville's enrollment policy, if a parent wants them in the city schools, all they have to do is apply and pay tuition. Only someone from the county would see consolidation as a positive...its all about the money.

Consolidation would be disastrous for Greeneville....the county schools would benefit some from increased revenue but there's no way they'd build 2 super-schools...600 square miles of county would mean bussing kids at 6 am to get'em all in. As it is with Greeneville's enrollment policy, if a parent wants them in the city schools, all they have to do is apply and pay tuition. Only someone from the county would see consolidation as a positive...its all about the money.

Only meant it would benefit the football programs not the schools themselves.

I said pretty much everything you said, barb, in an earlier post. Like I said, the only positive would be athletics.

Your son plus many others have set the standard for other cats to follow fortheboys. That's a fact they can always be proud of. Great story on 4 that amplifies what we already know. Some teams & fans talk about "team" but this bunch walks the walk. Sunday reflect back to this post and one way or another you will grasp what the term "team" refers to.

This game is not about two or three players. The announcers will be searching their roster sheets for the name that goes with the number that just made the play. The O-Line play. These guys are nasty, mobile, and never quit. Down field blocking effort is amazing. On defense. Every down someone different steps up. Rarely do you see total tackle numbers spread out over so many players. The no-names, the no-press, the no-news, the who is that kids. They are the ones we will be talking about. :rolleyes:

So since I'm not going to make it, and it will be on tv. It would be cool to see a couple signs in the crowd on tv that only us here on coacht would understand. Make it clever. Something fun to do after barb's party tonight. I'm going to bring some green and white finger paint so the boys can express how they feel abouth the game with art. So I guess we will have to do the manicures after arts and crafts. I'd hate to ruin their nails after a good manicure.

So since I'm not going to make it, and it will be on tv. It would be cool to see a couple signs in the crowd on tv that only us here on coacht would understand. Make it clever. Something fun to do after barb's party tonight. I'm going to bring some green and white finger paint so the boys can express how they feel abouth the game with art. So I guess we will have to do the manicures after arts and crafts. I'd hate to ruin their nails after a good manicure.

GLITTER!!!!!I have Green Glitter....oooooooohhhhh Bud it will be such fun for the guys. What a great idea and crafts are so relaxing. the boys will be so mellow when they leave on Saturday...

A Greeneville luv for Giles County in today's Greeneville Sun

http://greenevillesun.com/story/306954

You beat me to it barb, I was about to post this. For you Giles fans, Wayne Phillips is perhaps the best sports writers in the state. He gets a vote for the AP poll for college football and is among the best sports editors in the nation. Real class act of a man and giving some love to the Pulaski area.

I didn't really care for the video. It put us in a light that really is not all that positive. It portrayed us a hick town that really doesn't have anything else going for us except for this one year of football. Now I know how Richland felt 22 years ago. After that run, they dropped off the map and radar. Wonder if that will happen once Bo graduates like it did 22 years ago? I sure hope not.

Well please tell me at this point in time what else Giles County has going for it besides sports? As far as being a hick town, what's wrong with that? I kinda like livin' in this liddle ole hick town it's quite quaint-where everybody knows your name!