Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

I didn't really care for the video. It put us in a light that really is not all that positive. It portrayed us a hick town that really doesn't have anything else going for us except for this one year of football. Now I know how Richland felt 22 years ago. After that run, they dropped off the map and radar. Wonder if that will happen once Bo graduates like it did 22 years ago? I sure hope not.

Well please tell me at this point in time what else Giles County has going for it besides sports? As far as being a hick town, what's wrong with that? I kinda like livin' in this liddle ole hick town it's quite quaint-where everybody knows your name!

There are a lot of other things going for Giles County besides just this one years football team! Martin Methodist College for one!!!! Two, we are one of the top five destinations IN THE STATE for people deer hunting!!! Turkey Shoot!!!!! Farming!!!!!! And, the school up the road has had excellent Athletic teams in the past!!!!! So, for a school in Giles County to be publicized for going to a championship game should not be nothing new!!!! Now, I'm not even going to add the city mayor.......

Yes we have all those things and three out of the five things you mentioned are SPORTS. Martin is a fine institution for learning. I don't mind being called a hick-ya know when times get hard is when those hicks stick together and watch out for each other. Pulaski is a samll town in rural area of Tennessee, and if you ask anyone who lives here or has been here they will say it is a small town. As far as going to the championship game it hasn't been done before this year in football so yes it is a big deal. You know we have been on the news lately for alot of bad stuff so why complain when we get publicity for the good?

I guess no matter what it is someone can always find something wrong with it. Just try and look at it from the teams point of view they have done something that has brought a positive light on our community and we can all be proud of.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess no matter what it is someone can always find something wrong with it. Just try and look at it from the teams point of view they have done something that has brought a positive light on our community and we can all be proud of.

Your right. The thing is that Giles County has been here before. Maybe not in football but in other sports. If all you have is just this one year, I feel for you. If you'd really been around and around Bo then this would not be unexpected. I remember traveling to watch the teams he was on in both baseball and popwarner football. So, no, this one year is not all that Giles County is about-even in sports... Then again, Giles County and Pulaski have more to offer than just this one year of football. The video showed that this was the only thing that Giles County has ever had or done!

Dude!.....let the video thing go.......In promotion, something is better than nothing and nothing is what we have been getting as far as coverage. We win tomorrow and the Cats will get some coverage! Good really nice coverage.

jwc.....since you couldn't kick it I see you have decided to kiss it. :thumb:

Sorry my friend, but I'm not kissing it! Your right we could kick and neither will you that's why I gave you 13 instead of 14 for your score of the game. Your guys from Giles haven't seen anything yet! Greeneville's Coaching Staff is outstanding. Oh yes, Greeneville have some players that will play both sides of the ball. RB had no one playing both ways and speical teams and Greeneville did their thing and they will do it again too. This time it will be you going home in pain and disappointment. Hey but that's ok, for it will ease some with time. At least RB's lost won't be like yours in the final's of the State. I'm sure Giles Co will be proud of the Runners-up Trophy.

You might want to keep in mind that I have no need to "kiss it" with anyone except my wife.

I saw the best all year for 13 weeks play then I saw the Greeneville beat the best. When during 2009 has Giles Co ever been ranked #1 in the State. Has happen yet and wan't.

jwc

I absolutely hate ppl like this .it is hasn't happened and won't happen learn proper english otherwise u will need to learn to press 1 when the operator says to. Is this what they teach these ppl from Greeneville? but if we being giles county fans & alumni are "wan'ting" something its a state title. it's been on our mind since OC stepped foot on our campus, since these boys were "fresh meat". And if we can't beat you we will take that runners up trophy with class. Well not really its not really our thing.

Your right. The thing is that Giles County has been here before. Maybe not in football but in other sports. If all you have is just this one year, I feel for you. If you'd really been around and around Bo then this would not be unexpected. I remember traveling to watch the teams he was on in both baseball and popwarner football. So, no, this one year is not all that Giles County is about-even in sports... Then again, Giles County and Pulaski have more to offer than just this one year of football. The video showed that this was the only thing that Giles County has ever had or done!

I think your reading into something that wasn't there, I don't remember them saying anything like that. What I do remember them saying was that the town is proud of them-just like we have been so proud of all the other teams in various sports that have done well. The only one who is saying this one year is you. Watch it again-they say alot has happened to this town in its's 200 years but one thing that has never happened is winning a high school football championship-doesn't sound to me like they said it's the only thing Giles county has ever done. I've been around Bo saw him play his first PW game-he was good then and he's good now-but this is not about Bo it is about the "TEAM".

By the way don't feel for me if something good is happening in your community and your bitter about it I feel for you. Why don't you sit back and reflect on what reasons Giles has been in the news for lately and be grateful this time it's something good.

jwc.....since you couldn't kick it I see you have decided to kiss it. :thumb:

Sorry my friend, but I'm not kissing it! Your right we could kick and neither will you that's why I gave you 13 instead of 14 for your score of the game. Your guys from Giles haven't seen anything yet! Greeneville's Coaching Staff is outstanding. Oh yes, Greeneville have some players that will play both sides of the ball. RB had no one playing both ways and speical teams and Greeneville did their thing and they will do it again too. This time it will be you going home in pain and disappointment. Hey but that's ok, for it will ease some with time. At least RB's lost won't be like yours in the final's of the State. I'm sure Giles Co will be proud of the Runners-up Trophy.

You might want to keep in mind that I have no need to "kiss it" with anyone except my wife.

I saw the best all year for 13 weeks play then I saw the Greeneville beat the best. When during 2009 has Giles Co ever been ranked #1 in the State. Has happen yet and wan't.

jwc

I absolutely hate ppl like this .it is hasn't happened and won't happen learn proper english otherwise u will need to learn to press 1 when the operator says to. Is this what they teach these ppl from Greeneville? but if we being giles county fans & alumni are "wan'ting" something its a state title. it's been on our mind since OC stepped foot on our campus, since these boys were "fresh meat". And if we can't beat you we will take that runners up trophy with class. Well not really its not really our thing.

He ain't Greeneville!

excuse me. for classification purposes anyone cheering for giles county is on one side all the rest are on another image an invisible line if you will :thumb:

Yeah but we've gotten kinda friendly with the true Greeneville fans and are still trying to get an invite to Barb's party and if you start dissing them we won't get to go!

excuse me. for classification purposes anyone cheering for giles county is on one side all the rest are on another image an invisible line if you will :thumb:

Whoa!!! JW is from RED BANK and everyone knows Chattanooga football in on a "whole other level"...sorry to hear about South Pitt JW, I guess you Chatt-Town guys got 1 chance left at greatness this year with BB tomorrow.....

excuse me. for classification purposes anyone cheering for giles county is on one side all the rest are on another image an invisible line if you will :?

Yeah but we've gotten kinda friendly with the true Greeneville fans and are still trying to get an invite to Barb's party and if you start dissing them we won't get to go!

dude no thats like sayin ima tennessee fan but im friends with an alabama fan which can happen but not the week of the third saturday in october. although barbs party does sound fun :thumb:

I don't guess Barb liked my poster :?

Guess we will just have to have our own party tomorrow night, A Bobcat State Championship Party! Everybody to 52's House!!!!! :)

I don't guess Barb liked my poster :?

Guess we will just have to have our own party tomorrow night, A Bobcat State Championship Party! Everybody to 52's House!!!!! :?

We'll see about that tommorrow evening! :)

excuse me. for classification purposes anyone cheering for giles county is on one side all the rest are on another image an invisible line if you will :?

dude no thats like sayin ima tennessee fan but im friends with an alabama fan which can happen but not the week of the third saturday in october. although barbs party does sound fun :thumb:

I'm friends with plenty Bama, Florida, and Georgia fans. Hate all three teams but friends are friends. I'm not going to just stop talking to them and be hateful the week before those games. I have found a mutual respect between Bobcats and Devils this week and more and more I am beginning to think that one day we can all coexist together and live in peace. I HAVE A DREAM...