Welcome to Cookeville

disgustedfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I prefer the mtsu atmosphere with the big screen and the music. But the people are nice, and the food, great.

I agree. Maybe it was because it was a new location, but we had some trouble finding parking, and were surprised that parking in some locations was $8. Ended up finding a free lot and walking a little.

It didn't seem like a state championship game; just seemed like a regular game. I also missed the big screen and music. Maybe for next year TTU could contact MTSU to find out about what music to play. "YMCA" wasn't the same without the big screen, and we really missed the dancing football.

Thought it was really weird that we were the home team, but we seemed to be sitting on the visitor's side. Also, what's up with our boys having to walk to the Athletic Center to change? Ended up having to mingle with some Milan players waiting on our boys. That was a little awkward, but probably more so for them.

We had a hard time getting into the stands as well, much more difficult than at MTSU. Could be that I'm just not a big fan of change. I suppose if this was your first champ game, things would've been great.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night! Mama Rosa's was great! Well worth the wait!

We patronized Mama Rosa's after the game last night (200 S Lowe St.)

FABULOUS!! Deep dish Pizza reminded me of being back in the old country (Chicago) outside of Grant Park after a "Beers" game.....Next level, highly recommended!

I am glad we have a certain Coach Rankin......

Mama Rosa's is one of Cookeville's kinda hidden "gems". Good thing Coach Rankin knows Cookeville!

Congrats on the Championship!

You guys are one of the only ones that I can honestly say to "see ya next year!"

THE SQUAD :mellow:

I missed the Jumbotron as well...but that can sometimes be a distraction! The atmosphere at TTU was MUCH better, and everyone at the venue made sure to say Hi, Welcome to Cookeville, Good luck, and have a safe drive home! I don't remember ANY of that from MTSU!!! But I will remember that from Cookeville for a LONG time to come!

I missed the Jumbotron as well...but that can sometimes be a distraction! The atmosphere at TTU was MUCH better, and everyone at the venue made sure to say Hi, Welcome to Cookeville, Good luck, and have a safe drive home! I don't remember ANY of that from MTSU!!! But I will remember that from Cookeville for a LONG time to come!

Interesting. I sure didn't hear any of that. In fact, every time I asked someone a question, the answer was "I don't know". Still like the MTSU atmosphere better. But, like I said before, it could just be that I'm not a big fan of change.

City-Boro

Stadium-Boro

Stadium Atmosphere-Cookeville

Ticket price-Boro (seriously TSSAA if you go up 1 more dollar on tickets Im staying at home to watch)

Overall I still prefer Murfreesboro over Cookeville. I had a great time and I was very impressed by the stadium noise. I felt that since the stadium wasnt as big it allowed for people to be closer together but the downfall was I struggled moving around having to walk from one place to another. It was much easier to maneuver in Boro

Interesting. I sure didn't hear any of that. In fact, every time I asked someone a question, the answer was "I don't know". Still like the MTSU atmosphere better. But, like I said before, it could just be that I'm not a big fan of change.

Hmm....maybe it's just because they are a fan of purple! LoL