Maryville vs. White Station 6A State Championship

Red Rebels

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have been hearing on here is the same old song. MARYVILLE will come to play... prepared for anything and expecting everything. I know that WS will come to play as well. GO REBELS!!!!!!

Grey:

What time you heading out tomorrow?

JET

The MHS SUB DEPARTS

sometime between 12 & 2pm... need a ride? I have 3 seats available for only$ 275.00 round trip / no layovers or meals served. :mellow:

I'm surprised Maryville is here. Everyone figured they'd get their butts whooped when they started playing the big boys. Guess they weren't winning just because their class stunk after all. Let's just hope they don't take over 6A too.

The campaign has begun. GO REBELS!!!!!! Beach head established invasion continuing. :mellow:

Im not gonna get into the trash talk on here cause this isnt my battle. Im a little torn for this game. I want to see The Rebels bring another Gold ball back to BC but at the same time It would be nice to at least be "equal" to Maryville when it comes to state titles (sorry I just cant count the 1969 Cracker Jack championship that just randomly appeared around 2000). Good luck to all the Rebels players though and for all the fans make sure you stop a Chedders for lunch/dinner...its freaking AMAZING with some local Blount County folks working there

You might want to do some research 74. The 69 title was legit and won on the field.

Dont get me wrong I meant no disrespect by it. And actually I think i should correct myself I believe it was 64 not 69 but the point was its kinda like an AP title. Sure the AP calls you the champ and hands out a trophy but its not the title that goes down in the official books (TSSAA). I know they werent around back then but until they start recognizing it then I just dont count them.

Why are Alcoa people obsessed with everything Maryville ever does or accomplishes?

What is with you mhs?? Many Alcoa fans have been pulling for Maryville and giving you support for weeks. Your statement is like a slap in the face to those of us who have supported your team and will support you tonight to bring back another gold ball.

Maryville is a pretty slow team compared to some of the other teams in the state. The difference is that they are more disciplined than the others. Maryville does not have a single D-1 talent on the entire team. Despite that fact they continue to beat and compete with teams that have a lot more talent. This is because they hardly ever beat themselves. They don't turn the ball over much and they don't get penalties. On the contrast they make the other team pay for their mistakes. Maryville is also always a balanced attack. If you want to beat Maryville you're going to have to be able to pass and throw. If you can't then they will probably get the better of you (excepting Alcoa earlier this season).

I was very uneasy about Maryville moving to 6A this year because it coincided with Maryville's talent being relatively down in comparison to previous years. In previous years Maryville has had at least one "star" player, but this year there really isn't one. Instead they have gone out there as a team and have found themselves in a familiar place... the state championship game. Very impressive.

:thumb: WOW Your still saying Maryville doesn't have any star players. I would say Juhlin, Horne, and Bristol are STARS. Didn't you say after Maryville got beat by Alcoa that they would lose 3 or 4 games this year???? Ye of little faith... Go Rebels and bring the ball back to Blount County. :thumb:

Really? You think those guys are stars? What division 1 school are those three going to? Are they in the Rivals or Scout database? They might be good players and they might be stars on the Maryville team, but they are not star players that will be heading to D-1 colleges. In fact... in years past Maryville has had a Mr. Football winner, but this year we don't have one.

Yea, I had little faith in them. Part of that lack of faith is because they didn't have that star player. Like I said then, I have watched those kids play sports since they were 5 years old. They surprised me and I'll eat my crow on that. Doesn't mean that they have star talent though.