1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Union City....your only hope is to run it straight at us....anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that you can not run it outside on the Pirates...to fast...great ends and linebackers....Now, I am not going to make any bold predictions yet; however I will say this.....SP played 2 1A teams in the regular season and 3 1A teams so far in the playoffs....they have mercy ruled all 5 1A teams....Uh-O!!!That tough schedule has paid off for the Pirates....I just hope this week we get off to a fast start instead of letting the other team score first....Union City may be physical...but those lightning quick Pirates have learned alot and will be well prepared...and I am just going to go ahead and throw it out there...The SP defense will hold Union City to 10 or less points...take it to the bank....I will put it into perspective for yall....You all might be a category F1 tornado....but your fixing to run into a F5....Seek Shelter!!!!!!!

:D:o:D:o

I would just like to ask...which bank did you take this too??? Because I would REALLY like to go cash in and get my money!!!!!!

Man, I tried to warn you about Chase/Will/JORGE and you didn't listen.

It must really be like a slap in the face.. losing to us,that is... based on all your trash talk and whatnot.

For future reference.. lay off the arrogance... It only makes it sweeter when we beat you :D

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate can't sleep with all the skillet slinger's snoring. Recon some of you folkes is fared up and some SP fellers is gitting it. :o OP don't think he did a good job of learning some folkes about cage rattling. Gots to make sure the door is secure 1st. :D

OP did not say congrats to #27 for UC. Dad burnit youngon, yous reminded OP of back -n-the day when fellers played both ways and seldom came off the field. Leastways you were fun to watch, kinda like a Larry Zonka clone. Gots to respect an effort like folkes saw FryDay in Cookesville. Hopefully you will be playing at the next level. :D

Goin be a long off season for OP and the Pirate faithful. Congrats Again and glad no youngons were hurt during this feud. Looks as if some feuding may go on for a tad with you UC folkes venting. Enjoy the celebration, you've earned it.

You might want to check where South Fulton ranks on that small public school list because they have one student going along with the UC kids on that trip...It can be done...As far as I know, Jorge and there is another on the team that doesn't play any are the only two FESs we have ever had that played football....

Daniel Maya was a FES in 2004. He was a kicker (soccer player.. go figure!), too. Didn't get a chance to do much because we had John Graham at that time.

John Graham is an outstanding football player and a great young man. Plus he got his one of his two conference championship rings (with Bethel UNIVERSITY) fit to his pinky finger....that's pretty awesome.

Yeah.. John was one of those Cavness players of his career. Played it all. Kinda' makes me wonder about posting a new forum... all-star UC team using players from the 4 championship appearances....?

Don't forget about George Evans...he played QB, safety, kicker, and punter his senior year...

What a great game between two determined teams. Both left all the had on the field and unfortunately one had to lose. Union City has a very boring offense but it worked to perfection today. Big ole #27 gained 3-4 yards on just about every play. SP has struggled all year against physical teams. Congratulations to UC on a big win. The only thing I don't agree with is that UC dominated the game. If they did, they would not have given up 28 points. The Pirates beat themselves today with two turnovers and poor tackling. If Malcolm does not drop the pass in the endzone on the first series, the Pirates are up 21-7 at halftime.

The Pirates played their hearts out and have nothing to be ashamed of tonight. The seniors did a great job leading this team all year and will be missed. The underclassmen need to step up, work hard in the off season, and prepare for next season.

UC has a quality team. I know some of our SP faithful were predicting a blowout but don't bash the team. Anyone that gets on here and laughs at players being injured is a sick individual. Our boys played hard and just came up a little short this year. Anyone that is happy that they lost and bashs SP is just jealous...plain and simple. Very few 1A teams can graduate talented seniors like we have the last two years and be back in the State game.

One more thing....these fellars coming out of the woodworks saying that their team could handle SP are really funny. If they could handle SP, why were they not on the opposite side of the field??? Oh, yeah they were beaten by UC or by someone UC put out of the playoffs. Congrats UC...you earned the win today.

First bold comment: You personally blamed a SP player for possibly costing the team a state title then followed it up by saying they shouldn't be ashamed...seems like a pot calling the kettle black.

Second bold comment: I assume you're referring to Purple & Gold Standard's comment and I'm pretty sure he clarified the situation a few posts up.

Third bold comment: Who is really the jealous party? The ones being humble about an upset state title win, or the overcompensating fans that are trying to make excuses by blaming teenagers for dropping passes in the endzone?

Random thought: The fact that you say SP struggled against physical teams all year then go on to say that people saying other teams would have held their own against SP is contradicting. If a team that beat UC such as Huntingdon did it by being more physical than UC then by your own statement of SP having problems with physical teams seems to suggest that Huntingdon would have held their own or possibly beat SP.

I wonder if Grider will start making those boys lift weights on Monday. They need to start lifting so they will be real big and good for next year. You think Im joking cause Im not. Those boys from Union just were alot stronger today cause they had lifted weights all week and we did not practice on Tuesday cause I rode by their. Let me ask you a question. Why didnt Grider put our boys in the defense that the Patriots run? They usually stop people in that defense. I was glad to talk to my buddy Murphy today. He told me that I would be the first to receive the new edition of the magazine next year, but I could not read it to people until he released them to everyone. I hope those Union boys made it home safely. Why was that Union poster talking about me eating crow? I never posted that we would beat those Union boys bad. I said whoever lifted the most weights and were the biggest and strongest would win. I told those boys all week that Union had some big ole boys that could knock a hole in our line if we were not big and strong for the game. I was reading in my Murphy Fair book on the way home and alot of those Union boys are gradating. Let me ask you Union people a question. Is that Nicks boy going to play in the SEC? He is a real good runner that runs hard when those lineman knocked a hole for him. You think im joking cause im not. What schools are wanting him to play?

You have GOT to be the least intelligent person on CoachT forums...

Old Pirate can't sleep with all the skillet slinger's snoring. Recon some of you folkes is fared up and some SP fellers is gitting it. :D OP don't think he did a good job of learning some folkes about cage rattling. Gots to make sure the door is secure 1st. :D

OP did not say congrats to #27 for UC. Dad burnit youngon, yous reminded OP of back -n-the day when fellers played both ways and seldom came off the field. Leastways you were fun to watch, kinda like a Larry Zonka clone. Gots to respect an effort like folkes saw FryDay in Cookesville. Hopefully you will be playing at the next level. :D

Goin be a long off season for OP and the Pirate faithful. Congrats Again and glad no youngons were hurt during this feud. Looks as if some feuding may go on for a tad with you UC folkes venting. Enjoy the celebration, you've earned it.

Gar, Steve. :o Classy post, and with a nice spice to it. Enjoyed readin' it.

BigSwo....

Man you took alot of garbage this week...You do your thing....

Tell your son that we as alumni and former players a big THANK YOU !!!....This team this year was awesome...The way you handled adversity..The way you went about your business during the playoffs..The way you overcame injuries and sickness in the middle of the year...Not many people outside of Union City thought you could win this game..

This is something NOBODY can take away from you...From now till eternity the record books will show that in the year 2009, in 1A football the State Champions were the UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES !!

I wonder if Grider will start making those boys lift weights on Monday. They need to start lifting so they will be real big and good for next year. You think Im joking cause Im not. Those boys from Union just were alot stronger today cause they had lifted weights all week and we did not practice on Tuesday cause I rode by their. Let me ask you a question. Why didnt Grider put our boys in the defense that the Patriots run? They usually stop people in that defense. I was glad to talk to my buddy Murphy today. He told me that I would be the first to receive the new edition of the magazine next year, but I could not read it to people until he released them to everyone. I hope those Union boys made it home safely. Why was that Union poster talking about me eating crow? I never posted that we would beat those Union boys bad. I said whoever lifted the most weights and were the biggest and strongest would win. I told those boys all week that Union had some big ole boys that could knock a hole in our line if we were not big and strong for the game. I was reading in my Murphy Fair book on the way home and alot of those Union boys are gradating. Let me ask you Union people a question. Is that Nicks boy going to play in the SEC? He is a real good runner that runs hard when those lineman knocked a hole for him. You think im joking cause im not. What schools are wanting him to play?

You have GOT to be the least intelligent person on CoachT forums...

Don't think too much into his posts. They're ongoing comedy (at least to some), nothing more.