1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always remember south pitiful has 4 GOLD BALLS in football and union dont so good luck next year you have about ummm 3 more to catch up this year was just a start so how does union look next year

who cares lol yall lost and you cant accept that fact so get over it haha :popcorneater::popcorneater::bored::lol:

Let me just say this...I was at the game and my thoughts on South Pitt...kinda short....

You have 3 players...the rest average if that.

#6, #21 and #11.

Now....I know one other team that would have spanked that butt tonight....Huntington. To me, South Pitt, your good but not as good as you thought you were. TCA and Huntingdon would beat you or have given you all you wanted.

Now...

Two things I have a little problem with and now after the game a little better but not much.

First, I have seen the Youtube Video and "LIVE" today ( Friday ) of the little deal when you walk from the endzone with your helments "HIGH" in the air....NOT GOOD....Just a little to Cocky and was taken down a notch or two on that today by our Tornadoes.

Problem Two...

Your sign......That just shows the kinda school you have by posting what you did. We could all see the sign with the "2009 Rign on the wrong finger" deal.

Now.....If I were you, I would have a little town hall meeting, fire your coaches and fire your administration for allowing that as well as your cheer leading sponsors.

Not good...not good at all...just a little to far.

But you know what....we WON that 2009 Ring......and we will wear it on the right finger.

Your team is good, but I have seen just as good or better this year. Us for one and Huntingdon and TCA from the West the others.

So, until the next time we meet, remember the little boy from Spain, 16, who has never played football, come into your minds along with the other players on our team and BEAT YOU!!

Each of you have this coming....

We do not give individual awards on our team...we are a team, play as a team and win as a team.

Great Year Union City...can't wait til the celebration day for showing the "GOLD"

You and your purple and gold friends are some of the poorest sports I have ever seen after a game....where you did not dominate....you won by 2 points with an exchange soccer student!! Look at the stats...we had 20-30 less plays than you did and still almost matched your yardage and points. I will never respect the Union team or school after the way you bunch of punks have gotten on here...downed our team, our town, and our community. You say that we had 3 players and that was it...what a joke!!! If you are going to go that route, then your team only had 1...#27. Take him off your team and we beat you handily. You can talk about other teams beating us until you are blue in the face. Yesterday was Union's day...everything in the game went your way. I agree with the poster earlier that mentioned if we played you 5 times, we would win 4 out of 5 times. Enjoy that Gold ball...probably will be the last one you get since you should be in 2A anyway.

lol i believe its all the other way around. you arrogant south pitt idiots are the one that started talking trash about our team. i gurantee you there are more post on here about south pitt talking trash about union city. i bet everything on it. your just a coward and are a loser. get over it. the south pitt pirates are the poorest sports i have ever seen in my life. yall talked all that trash but could NOT back it up hahahahahaha :popcorneater:

1994 Pirate You have the gall ot come onto this board and make a statement about the conduct of our fans. When, without a doubt in anyone's mind who has played you this season, it's th SP punks that are poor sports. Even though you have some posters that have class and even tired to warn the big mouths to stop making such redicluous predictions and outragous scores, they persisted anyway. Some comments being so racked with disrespect the big mouth was even inviting counter attacks by our posters to respond to the crap they were saying. Now that it is all over and the Golden Tornadoes are champions some try to say that they are just confident in thier team not disrespectful. Man talk about blind squirels Ive been on Coacht for some time now and I can honestly say that a good portion of the SP posters are the most disrespectful, cocky, pompus band of blowhards I have ever encountered.

One last thing 1994pirate we dont need your lousy respect.

First let me say Congrats to the Union City Golden Tornadoes. What an awesome year. You guys have overcome so much this year. And to bring home the GOLD BALL is absolutely awesome. To the SP fans that have been nothing but respectful...thank you. To you guys that have run your pie holes for the last week about how we dont deserve to be there...shame on you. These are kids. Enough said.

I cannot believe that I am the only one from NW Tennessee that has mentioned the TV coverage.

After coming home last night and watching the game, it is very obvious to me that we in fact won this game by more points than were shown on the scoreboard. Did ANYONE else notice on the TV that the first score for SP shouldnt have even been on the board? It is so obvious by all the angles of the cameras that they guy NEVER crossed the line. Our line plainly pushed him back...he never crossed into the end zone. In addition, our boys in the trenches will swear to you that he fumbled the ball. Now I couldnt see the fumble, but I saw the line...and I saw him with the ball...and guess what. He DID NOT SCORE. WATCH IT. I want to know what you think??

So if this is the case and all of you guys are saying we won by only a FG.......NOW WHAT????

Not trying to be smart alec.....just pointing out the oh so very obvious.

Maybe the guy that called the coin toss should not have been so cocky to our boys before the game ever started. Karma is a @*#@*......huh boys? :popcorneater:

Did I just see where 1994Pirate just posted UC "should be in 2A anyway"??....Oh wow...I NEVER thought South Pitt would lay that one on us...... :roflol:

Hey man, ya'll the ones that played that amazing non-district schedule, bragging about beating teams in classifications higher than 1A.... :thumb:

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better..... :lol:

First let me say Congrats to the Union City Golden Tornadoes. What an awesome year. You guys have overcome so much this year. And to bring home the GOLD BALL is absolutely awesome. To the SP fans that have been nothing but respectful...thank you. To you guys that have run your pie holes for the last week about how we dont deserve to be there...shame on you. These are kids. Enough said.

I cannot believe that I am the only one from NW Tennessee that has mentioned the TV coverage.

After coming home last night and watching the game, it is very obvious to me that we in fact won this game by more points than were shown on the scoreboard. Did ANYONE else notice on the TV that the first score for SP shouldnt have even been on the board? It is so obvious by all the angles of the cameras that they guy NEVER crossed the line. Our line plainly pushed him back...he never crossed into the end zone. In addition, our boys in the trenches will swear to you that he fumbled the ball. Now I couldnt see the fumble, but I saw the line...and I saw him with the ball...and guess what. He DID NOT SCORE. WATCH IT. I want to know what you think??

So if this is the case and all of you guys are saying we won by only a FG.......NOW WHAT????

Not trying to be smart alec.....just pointing out the oh so very obvious.

Maybe the guy that called the coin toss should not have been so cocky to our boys before the game ever started. Karma is a @*#@*......huh boys? :roflol:

Yep, mentioned that very fact in my first post after Jorge nailed that game-winner.... :thumb:

Still hasn't scored...

Did I just see where 1994Pirate just posted UC "should be in 2A anyway"??....Oh wow...I NEVER thought South Pitt would lay that one on us...... :roflol:

Hey man, ya'll the ones that played that amazing non-district schedule, bragging about beating teams in classifications higher than 1A.... :thumb:

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better..... :lol:

i saw that too lol i was like uhhh wow. haha

and it does keep getting better lol

What a great game between two determined teams. Both left all the had on the field and unfortunately one had to lose. Union City has a very boring offense but it worked to perfection today. Big ole #27 gained 3-4 yards on just about every play. SP has struggled all year against physical teams. Congratulations to UC on a big win. The only thing I don't agree with is that UC dominated the game. If they did, they would not have given up 28 points. The Pirates beat themselves today with two turnovers and poor tackling. If Malcolm does not drop the pass in the endzone on the first series, the Pirates are up 21-7 at halftime.

The Pirates played their hearts out and have nothing to be ashamed of tonight. The seniors did a great job leading this team all year and will be missed. The underclassmen need to step up, work hard in the off season, and prepare for next season.

UC has a quality team. I know some of our SP faithful were predicting a blowout but don't bash the team. Anyone that gets on here and laughs at players being injured is a sick individual. Our boys played hard and just came up a little short this year. Anyone that is happy that they lost and bashs SP is just jealous...plain and simple. Very few 1A teams can graduate talented seniors like we have the last two years and be back in the State game.

One more thing....these fellars coming out of the woodworks saying that their team could handle SP are really funny. If they could handle SP, why were they not on the opposite side of the field??? Oh, yeah they were beaten by UC or by someone UC put out of the playoffs. Congrats UC...you earned the win today.

First bold comment: You personally blamed a SP player for possibly costing the team a state title then followed it up by saying they shouldn't be ashamed...seems like a pot calling the kettle black.

Second bold comment: I assume you're referring to Purple & Gold Standard's comment and I'm pretty sure he clarified the situation a few posts up.

Third bold comment: Who is really the jealous party? The ones being humble about an upset state title win, or the overcompensating fans that are trying to make excuses by blaming teenagers for dropping passes in the endzone?

Random thought: The fact that you say SP struggled against physical teams all year then go on to say that people saying other teams would have held their own against SP is contradicting. If a team that beat UC such as Huntingdon did it by being more physical than UC then by your own statement of SP having problems with physical teams seems to suggest that Huntingdon would have held their own or possibly beat SP.

Read the post again moron....I did not blame anything on #21. I was just putting in perspective what could have been if he caught that ball. There were more plays than that on that determined the game. Please don't think us Pirate fans are jealous of your team....if I had to watch that every week, I would go to sleep...boring!!!

Great game to attend yesterday. To me it seemed like UC wanted it more than South Pitt. It seemed the Pirates thought UC would just lay down for them. Some questions and comments on the game.

1. When the UC start running the veer? They are doing a very good job but it seems like they are just in the first steps on implementing it. If this is the first year, then the next couple of years will be great for UC if the coach keeps expanding the playbook.

2. Where was Mr. Robinson after the game? I thought it showed poor sportsmanship that him and a couple more Pirate players did not stay on the field for post game awards.

3. I loved the atmosphere in Cookeville. Very easy to park, not the cluster that the boro brings. Nice people.

Congrats to UC on winning a game that midway thru thru the 3rd qyarter I said whoever has the ball last will win and unfortunate for us you had it. Plain and simple our defense couldn't stop you and if anyone is to blame for the loss it's our defensive calling of the game. After 47 carries and you still don't change anything your going to get beat. Again congrats on your first championship and enjoy it cause you never know when you'll be back.

Congrats to UC on winning a game that midway thru thru the 3rd qyarter I said whoever has the ball last will win and unfortunate for us you had it. Plain and simple our defense couldn't stop you and if anyone is to blame for the loss it's our defensive calling of the game. After 47 carries and you still don't change anything your going to get beat. Again congrats on your first championship and enjoy it cause you never know when you'll be back.

Thanks for the kind words.

This victory is WELL deserved for our team.

South Pitt is good..any team this far is good. It was our night, our team and one year to remember.

Thanks