1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Great game to attend yesterday. To me it seemed like UC wanted it more than South Pitt. It seemed the Pirates thought UC would just lay down for them. Some questions and comments on the game.

1. When the UC start running the veer? They are doing a very good job but it seems like they are just in the first steps on implementing it. If this is the first year, then the next couple of years will be great for UC if the coach keeps expanding the playbook.

2. Where was Mr. Robinson after the game? I thought it showed poor sportsmanship that him and a couple more Pirate players did not stay on the field for post game awards.

3. I loved the atmosphere in Cookeville. Very easy to park, not the cluster that the boro brings. Nice people.

Union City has been running the veer since Coach Bowling came into town which was the 2008 season. He does an awesome job with it! It's hard to stop when it's ran to perfection.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just putting in perspective what could have been if he caught that ball. There were more plays than that on that determined the game. Please don't think us Pirate fans are jealous of your team....if I had to watch that every week, I would go to sleep...boring!!!

Wow, you can't find anything else to blame on us, so you start to write about the fact that our game is boring (and, actually, it's not). What will be the next step? You will say that our players are ugly? That our cheerleaders were fat? I don't know. Invent something. You're funny.

And yes, if you would have hold on the football you would have won. If you would have blocked our offense, you would have won. If you would have scored more points than us, you would have won. But, guess what? You didn't.

"Weight room, *****! Let's go home!"

Sp's Offence was a WHOLE LOT BETTER!! However our Defence couldn't stop that huge line of yours. Your coaches played the clock, If I was Grider I would have let UC score at the last with 2:00 to go, got the ball back and scored in 45secs. Fact of the matter is, our boys are better, will always be better. You had 1 star on your team, w/o him Whitewell from down the road would have shut you down.. :thumb::roflol: Good luck to the Pirates next year! cya at state again around this time. As for UC you will need luck to make it this far again.

UC did what they came to do. It was a dueling match. I wonder why some of our regular poster's aren't chiming in? Props to UC. I posted earlier that we needed to show some humility. One thing all the tea in China can't do is. Buy class. I'm proud of our young guy's effort. As well as our staff. Some of us have become rather spoiled. The Pirates will sail to glory again 1 day. Hopefully our younger players learned a valuable lesson. Never under estimate, and respect your opponent. Don't believe all who say they are on your side when your'e winning. Talking is good, but quiet confidence is not bad. Great season Pirates. UC to the victor goes the spoils enjoy,you deserve to.

I garuntee you that coach at Union want give up his secret Possum man. Let me ask you Union people a question. Is that coach making those boys lift weights today to start getting big and strong again for next year? I heard Grider was making our boys that will be back next year lift weights today so we can be big and strong for next year. You think Im joking cause Im not. I was mad last night. Our season is over and we dont have a championship. I was glad I got to talk to my buddy Murphy yesterday. He told me that I will be the first one to get a copy of the new book next summer. I hope all the teams send in their survey. Their was alot of them that didnt last year and I couldnt read about them.

Not much of a secret, forget I asked.

Sp's Offence was a WHOLE LOT BETTER!! However our Defence couldn't stop that huge line of yours. Your coaches played the clock, If I was Grider I would have let UC score at the last with 2:00 to go, got the ball back and scored in 45secs. Fact of the matter is, our boys are better, will always be better. You had 1 star on your team, w/o him Whitewell from down the road would have shut you down.. :thumb::roflol: Good luck to the Pirates next year! cya at state again around this time. As for UC you will need luck to make it this far again.

It would have probably been better had UC not had that holding penalty on the KO return after you guys retook the lead and probably been better had Chase gone ahead and scored instead of slip down on that last drive..Huh ??...

Oh and your post is another example of idiotic posts....A long line of idiotic posts....

1 player...Classic... :lol:

Ya'll are supposed to be more football savvy than that..

Great game to attend yesterday. To me it seemed like UC wanted it more than South Pitt. It seemed the Pirates thought UC would just lay down for them. Some questions and comments on the game.

1. When the UC start running the veer? They are doing a very good job but it seems like they are just in the first steps on implementing it. If this is the first year, then the next couple of years will be great for UC if the coach keeps expanding the playbook.

2. Where was Mr. Robinson after the game? I thought it showed poor sportsmanship that him and a couple more Pirate players did not stay on the field for post game awards.

3. I loved the atmosphere in Cookeville. Very easy to park, not the cluster that the boro brings. Nice people.

Gerry...

UC put the veer in before last season....UC ran a wide open spread offense before coach Bowling came to UC...Thing is, UC didn't run block out of a three point stance before last season...They were in pass block position all the time with the QB in the shot-gun...

For people that have watched Union City, the fact that UC did what they did on the ground yesterday and were as physical as they were is short of amazing....

Last year we had a more explosive QB but this year we had a more efficient one...Colton Speed could run away from you but Chase Bowling knows exactly what reads to make and carries out his fakes perfectly...

possum, Roy is not associated with UC football. If you feel you want to meet with the UC coaching staff, call them Monday! I honestly LOVEEEEE watching the veer and the triple option offense ran. I've read up on both offenses all season just to become more familiar with them. Look what Georgia Tech has done with the triple option. It's very exciting to watch and it's smash mouth football at it's finest.

possum, Roy is not associated with UC football. If you feel you want to meet with the UC coaching staff, call them Monday! I honestly LOVEEEEE watching the veer and the triple option offense ran. I've read up on both offenses all season just to become more familiar with them. Look what Georgia Tech has done with the triple option. It's very exciting to watch and it's smash mouth football at it's finest.

I hope Possum calls them. Sout Pitt does not like to play smash mouth football

So....are you saying that SP GOT BEAT BY 1 guy?

Man that doesnt bode to well for you guys. Makes you look kinda .....easy. :lol:

I would venture to bet that UC woulda blowed the doors off Whitwell this year.....with or without Nicks. :lol:

You guys knew coming in that if UC decided to get physical....it would be a tough game. Polk proved that.