1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

A dead period? Your joking. What is all this mess about? If you sit out 3 weeks before you start lifting weights again, you will have to lift extra weights to make up for it. Grider will have our boys down their tomorrow lifting weights so we will be real big and strong for next season. Let me ask you Union people another question. Does that coach make those boys push that sled around? That makes those big ole lineman block better. I noticed some of those Union boys were doing some side body blocks on our boys and it was knocking big holes in our line. You think Im joking cause Im not. When you do a side body block correct, you can knock a big hole for the runner to run through.

Well Roy, next time you talk to your buddy Murphy, ask him about the TSSAA mandatory dead period. He should be able to tell you all about it. I am really surprised that you never saw anything about it in that Murphy's Fair book that he gave you.

You think I'm joking cause I'm not. :thumb:

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dead period? Your joking. What is all this mess about? If you sit out 3 weeks before you start lifting weights again, you will have to lift extra weights to make up for it. Grider will have our boys down their tomorrow lifting weights so we will be real big and strong for next season. Let me ask you Union people another question. Does that coach make those boys push that sled around? That makes those big ole lineman block better. I noticed some of those Union boys were doing some side body blocks on our boys and it was knocking big holes in our line. You think Im joking cause Im not. When you do a side body block correct, you can knock a big hole for the runner to run through.

Some of them will work out on their own at non school facilities. You think I'm joking cause I'm not.

The game is over. The players and fans have left the field. The Blue Cross Bowl is finished until next year.

Anyone can go to the wellness center or workout at home, just not at school weightroom or coaches house's for any current non season sport!

However, a team that runs thru a cheerleader banner that has "South Pittsburg - 2009 State Champions"

before the game starts should give the other team added encouragement to win the game As it says in the bible, "Pride can lead the proud to destruction", must have been true in this game.

All the "B.S." should also be over!! Congradulate either team on their season and be done with the "SNIOP"

Susceptable to the Negative Influences of Other People" :thumb:

Im begining tp think that the sore losers frm SP are nothing more than a few students or folks who graduated not to long ago. It an only be the immaturity of youth that causes these guys to say such stupid things. They can't help it. They just dont know how to deal with disapointment yet. So all they know to do is pout and whine and try to insult the person or thing that brings them pain. You can hear the pain in their posts. To bad the little rednecks were never taught to respect anything. Because ignorance is contageous.

First of all, let me say that I have no affiliation with either of these schools. In fact, I didn't see either of them play all season.

Congrats to Union City. A state championship is something no one can ever take from you, and you should be proud of your hard work. South Pitt, nothing is as hard as finishing as a runner up in a state championship game, but someday you will realize what an accomplishment it was and how privileged you were to play in that game. Great season for both teams.

Union City: I understand feeling some frustration with being disrespected throughout the week by south Pitt posters, but YOU WON. That fact alone should do all the talking that needs to be done.

As an unbiased observer, some of your posters reflect poorly on your school and city. "Win like a winner, Lose like a winner." A couple of you have mentioned players being on these boards and reading these posts. Why don't you try to show them what a winner acts like by enjoying your win, and not talking trash to the team you just beat. It makes you look like you have never been there before.

I certainly don't want all Union city posters to think I'm talking to them, because from what I can tell, most of you are a class act. Again, congrats to both teams, and to Union City for bringing home the gold ball.

This is the email I wanted to write a couple days ago, but all the bashing by the UC posters got my blood boiling and I just posted something I should have just kept to myself. This game could have gone either way. Turnovers and missed tackles doomed the Pirates. UC won the game playing their style of ball. I congratulate them on the win and apologize for the previous email.

Im begining tp think that the sore losers frm SP are nothing more than a few students or folks who graduated not to long ago. It an only be the immaturity of youth that causes these guys to say such stupid things. They can't help it. They just dont know how to deal with disapointment yet. So all they know to do is pout and whine and try to insult the person or thing that brings them pain. You can hear the pain in their posts. To bad the little rednecks were never taught to respect anything. Because ignorance is contageous.

First of all, let me say that I have no affiliation with either of these schools. In fact, I didn't see either of them play all season.

Congrats to Union City. A state championship is something no one can ever take from you, and you should be proud of your hard work. South Pitt, nothing is as hard as finishing as a runner up in a state championship game, but someday you will realize what an accomplishment it was and how privileged you were to play in that game. Great season for both teams.

Union City: I understand feeling some frustration with being disrespected throughout the week by south Pitt posters, but YOU WON. That fact alone should do all the talking that needs to be done.

As an unbiased observer, some of your posters reflect poorly on your school and city. "Win like a winner, Lose like a winner." A couple of you have mentioned players being on these boards and reading these posts. Why don't you try to show them what a winner acts like by enjoying your win, and not talking trash to the team you just beat. It makes you look like you have never been there before.

I certainly don't want all Union city posters to think I'm talking to them, because from what I can tell, most of you are a class act. Again, congrats to both teams, and to Union City for bringing home the gold ball.

This is the email I wanted to write a couple days ago, but all the bashing by the UC posters got my blood boiling and I just posted something I should have just kept to myself. This game could have gone either way. Turnovers and missed tackles doomed the Pirates. UC won the game playing their style of ball. I congratulate them on the win and apologize for the previous email.

Apology accepted. We all got out of hand sir. good luck next season. You guys have a great tradition.

Thought this was a great game! I just wanted to say, though, to all the sp posters that claimed the nfl type speed all over their team....... YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I mean the jones kid was fast for 1a, but he DOES NOT run a 4.4 or 4.5, and neither does anyone else on that team. I saw kids from Union City run down each one of your impossibly fast skill players.

Thought this was a great game! I just wanted to say, though, to all the sp posters that claimed the nfl type speed all over their team....... YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I mean the jones kid was fast for 1a, but he DOES NOT run a 4.4 or 4.5, and neither does anyone else on that team. I saw kids from Union City run down each one of your impossibly fast skill players.

Old Pirate says some SP fellers may be a tad over doing the 4.4 speed. But there is a difference running down someone with proper angles than catching someone from behind. UC did use great pursuit angles while limiting the Pirates speed. OP can seldom run for safety from the skillet slinger, cause shes done learned proper pursuit angles too. :thumb:

Good article from the paper there Purple and Gold. I am glad that UC turned it around. They are a few behind their basketball program, but you can definitely tell there is a different attitude about football around the area. Once again, congrats to your team!! :thumb:

Welcome to the T1 You gotta love UC's smash mouth style.