Sullivan South Offseason Thread

WaCoJaCo

I don't know if coach Carter is staying or not,but I think he has done great things at South and wish him the best either way.I wouldn't want to see him at Science Hill with all the talent that get's wasted over there,it would be bad for a lot of people in this conference.I doubt that a washington county team would ever beat them again and Science Hill would probably break the streak to us in a short time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if coach Carter is staying or not,but I think he has done great things at South and wish him the best either way.I wouldn't want to see him at Science Hill with all the talent that get's wasted over there,it would be bad for a lot of people in this conference.I doubt that a washington county team would ever beat them again and Science Hill would probably break the streak to us in a short time.

I guess winning against a lesser qualified opponent is enough of a satisfying philosophy for you?

I really don't think your "us" mention is speaking from a Dobyns-Bennett standpoint, much less for anyone who has pride in their program and wants to be the best.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Not just the best that this conf offers.

I guess winning against a lesser qualified opponent is enough of a satisfying philosophy for you?

I really don't think your "us" mention is speaking from a Dobyns-Bennett standpoint, much less for anyone who has pride in their program and wants to be the best.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Not just the best that this conf offers.

This is the good thing about a message board.You can say what you think,and then I can say; I could care less what you think

Don't start with the Sullivan thing. Everybody knows and is proud that that crap doesn't exist anymore. So we don't need people like you bringing it back. Common knowledge that Sullivan is at least one third of the highest ranking superstars that come through South. All I was saying is that Hunter Jordan won championships with those 5 years worth of seniors practically back to back. Sullivan had some of Souths key stars in those years but they were never a winning team. I know nothing about the coaching ability there but I do know about Hunter Jordan.

Hope Carter stays. If he doesn't Jordan plays it the same as Stacy. Play the same 9 or 10 atheletes both ways, with little or no ajustment for opposing teams. They have both been blessed by really good players over their tenures. South may not have that this year so either Carter or Jordan or who ever will face a test for sure. They need to find some more big strong line people and if they come from Sullivan that would be great. Get in the weight room now Sullivan.

Good post PD. Batman has spoke for the Tribe clan all year,why stop now. :twisted:

Science Hill is about to go under for the third time. If Stacy goes there they will come out of the woodwork to play for him. He will dress 120. Those parents over there see him as a Deity. It won't take any work whatsoever. They will embrace his military dicipline from day one. And the success will happen the first year. They are hungry for it and those parents will stand in line to help with any little job that can be done. Starving people appreciate someone who feeds them. South beat the Hill the past three years on conditioning alone regardless of what else was on the table. He will be their Moses to lead them through the desert. Stacy has hit a brick wall at South. We Southers know what that is...no need to discuss it. But Hunter Jordan probably won't get the job. If he did though, he would not miss a beat picking up exactly where Stacy left off. No one else on the staff has the expertice understanding Coach Haney is looking at administration.

Science Hill is about to go under for the third time. If Stacy goes there they will come out of the woodwork to play for him. He will dress 120. Those parents over there see him as a Deity. It won't take any work whatsoever. They will embrace his military dicipline from day one. And the success will happen the first year. They are hungry for it and those parents will stand in line to help with any little job that can be done. Starving people appreciate someone who feeds them. South beat the Hill the past three years on conditioning alone regardless of what else was on the table. He will be their Moses to lead them through the desert. Stacy has hit a brick wall at South. We Southers know what that is...no need to discuss it. But Hunter Jordan probably won't get the job. If he did though, he would not miss a beat picking up exactly where Stacy left off. No one else on the staff has the expertice understanding Coach Haney is looking at administration.

hit a brick wall...Southers know what it is...no need to discuss it??? "

Could you at least spell it out for me in Rebel Code? :o:thumb:

Good analysis relative to the SH hunger. The problem at South (and other Sullivan County high schools) is the urban growth plan for Kingsport and Bristol. South will be at 800 students in 5 years and 600 in ten. East and Central will see similar drops. North may remain stable (and underutilized) because the law does not require cities to clean up their boundaries and Kingsport does not want Bloomingdale and Lynn Garden. Overall, the County will be heading to one consolidated high school located at the Blountville exit on I-81. That is probably ten years out, politically. D-B will grow to 2000+ students and THS will grow to 1600+. Those are simply the planning numbers all the educators are using. South can compete in the next ten years in AA, just not in AAA.

If I were the parent of a middle school football player in Sullivan County I would be working the political process (including Phil Roe) to force the TSSAA to reclassify in 3 years instead of 6. Then Central and South could drop D-B (Dobyns-Bennett) and start playing C-D (Chuckey-Doak).

Make no mistake, I think there is a good chance SC will stay. If SH does not hire him they will hire Witten from Betsy. Carter will continue to be very successful if he and the Rebels can drop to AA. They just need to stay out of the same subdivision as Alcoa.

Good analysis relative to the SH hunger. The problem at South (and other Sullivan County high schools) is the urban growth plan for Kingsport and Bristol. South will be at 800 students in 5 years and 600 in ten. East and Central will see similar drops. North may remain stable (and underutilized) because the law does not require cities to clean up their boundaries and Kingsport does not want Bloomingdale and Lynn Garden. Overall, the County will be heading to one consolidated high school located at the Blountville exit on I-81. That is probably ten years out, politically. D-B will grow to 2000+ students and THS will grow to 1600+. Those are simply the planning numbers all the educators are using. South can compete in the next ten years in AA, just not in AAA.

If I were the parent of a middle school football player in Sullivan County I would be working the political process (including Phil Roe) to force the TSSAA to reclassify in 3 years instead of 6. Then Central and South could drop D-B (Dobyns-Bennett) and start playing C-D (Chuckey-Doak).

Make no mistake, I think there is a good chance SC will stay. If SH does not hire him they will hire Witten from Betsy. Carter will continue to be very successful if he and the Rebels can drop to AA. They just need to stay out of the same subdivision as Alcoa.

This is probably the most logical and statictically correct post I have seen on this thread. Annexation will rip athletic programs apart in the County as it has done at in the North Zone. I have heard nothing of SC leaving but should he decide to do that, IMO, Hunter Jordan would not make a good replacement. His expertise is as an assistant until he gets more experience under his belt. Being a Middle School Head Coach does not a High School Head Coach make. It's an entirely different playing field. My vote would go for either Scott Nelson who needs to get out of the Central toilet bowl or perhaps Ralph Nelson. Two good alums ready for the call. Both outstanding young men like SC. Time will tell. There are talentd young men coming up along with #12 and #44 but depth has not been cultivated. You can't play the same 10-15 both sides and expect the depth to come.

Good post PD. Batman has spoke for the Tribe clan all year,why stop now. :thumb:

Yes,why stop now.I may have another Indian one of these days.If that's not the case,I will keep my seats and pull for the Tribe anyway.Win or lose next week,I'll allways hope my alma mater does well and pull for them allso.

Kingsport will bite off more than it can chew when it starts annexing Colonial Hgts. proper. I like to vote. Historically Colonial Hgts. likes to vote. Colonial Hgts is very politically active and more than a few have money. IMO, if they chose to grab Colonial Hgts. without a vote, Colonial Hgts. will shortly thereafter run the city. The Board of Education and Board of Mayor and Alderman will be dominated by Colonial Hgts residents, whose constituents will harbor many pent up resentments and who have long memories.

I grew up in Kingsport, but I would have no problem changing the name of the city from Kingsport to say........ Colonial Heights. Has a nice ring to it. I'll be thinking of a new name for D-B. :D

As far as SC goes, he seems like a nice enough person, teacher and coach. Good enough, but a "Moses" or "Deity" he is not. Everyone has their good and bad points, as does Carter. If he needs a challenge, he'll have one at South next year. No need to go to SH.

Kingsport will bite off more than it can chew when it starts annexing Colonial Hgts. proper. I like to vote. Historically Colonial Hgts. likes to vote. Colonial Hgts is very politically active and more than a few have money. IMO, if they chose to grab Colonial Hgts. without a vote, Colonial Hgts. will shortly thereafter run the city. The Board of Education and Board of Mayor and Alderman will be dominated by Colonial Hgts residents, whose constituents will harbor many pent up resentments and who have long memories.

I grew up in Kingsport, but I would have no problem changing the name of the city from Kingsport to say........ Colonial Heights. Has a nice ring to it. I'll be thinking of a new name for D-B. :D

As far as SC goes, he seems like a nice enough person, teacher and coach. Good enough, but a "Moses" or "Deity" he is not. Everyone has their good and bad points, as does Carter. If he needs a challenge, he'll have one at South next year. No need to go to SH.

We Southers know all too well what Stacy's shortcomings are. The Hill, on the other hand will see him in no other light except as stated above. Anyone who can save them from the embarrasment of what SS has put them through will be just that...a Deity. And especially if it is Stacy Carter.