scott smith resigns as topper headcoach

sissygirl

No Sugar the college is in Greeneville, TN.

Tusculum College

60 Shiloh Road

Greeneville, TN 37745-0596

That is why every paper in the region (Greeneville Sun, KNS, Citizen Tribune....) puts the dateline as GREENEVILLE. Has nothing to do with this topic. it is just a huge pet peave of mine and another example of the JC Press' ignorance.

Tusculum has a mayor, aldermen, police department and a college. What it doesn't have is a post office.(Baileyton is the same). Perhaps you should use one of the many other reasons to call Doug Fritz and his cohorts at the JCP a moron and not let that one bother you any more.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tusculum College

60 Shiloh Road

That is why every paper in the region (Greeneville Sun, KNS, Citizen Tribune....) puts the dateline as GREENEVILLE. Has nothing to do with this topic. it is just a huge pet peave of mine and another example of the JC Press' ignorance.

Tusculum has a mayor, aldermen, police department and a college. What it doesn't have is a post office.(Baileyton is the same). Perhaps you should use one of the many other reasons to call Doug Fritz and his cohorts at the JCP a moron and not let that one bother you any more.

I got this straight from the Tusculum College website. "Located in Greeneville, Tennessee, Tusculum College lies in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The city of Greeneville and Greene County have a combined population of over 65,000."

It must not be a very smart school because according to you they don't even know where the heck they are located.

Tusculum College

60 Shiloh Road

It is in Tusculum but it has a Greeneville address, much like Sulphur Springs is a community near Gray but it has a Jonesborough address.

devilfan11 is absolutely right. Why are we discussing anyone other than Mike Turner? Students derserve the best a school can offer them. If you need to raise money for facilities why not hire someone the community will get behind and support? If you want a winning program why not hire someone who has proven to be among the very best?

Mike Turner is too old. He runs an antiquated offense. He may be considered but only after the current offer is rejected. There is only one person who has the poise, character, and dicipline to change hearts and minds. And if you were in attendence at the Science Hill versus South basketball game tonight then you would have seen a prime example of why the Hill doesn't have a football team. No class. No character. The man offered won't tolerate that kind of garbage under any circumstance. I would imagine his decision will be made by next week because he is not one to tarry. He left this one in the hands of someone larger than he. I would suggest everyone do the same and say a few quiet words on your own because this is a bit larger than most people consider. Expecially after what he was immersed in thus far this year. :thumb:

Mike Turner is too old. He runs an antiquated offense. He may be considered but only after the current offer is rejected. There is only one person who has the poise, character, and dicipline to change hearts and minds. And if you were in attendence at the Science Hill versus South basketball game tonight then you would have seen a prime example of why the Hill doesn't have a football team. No class. No character. The man offered won't tolerate that kind of garbage under any circumstance. I would imagine his decision will be made by next week because he is not one to tarry. He left this one in the hands of someone larger than he. I would suggest everyone do the same and say a few quiet words on your own because this is a bit larger than most people consider. Expecially after what he was immersed in thus far this year. :thumb:

Just to play devil's advocate...it might be a different type of kid an environment he is used to. Also, from what is said...while they have athletes do they make football players at the hill like they have at South from the middle schools and other leagues for the kiddies. I just ask this to anyone who knows, not any especially you comp. I tend to agree that he would be good for the job, can't argue about that.

devilfan11 is absolutely right. Why are we discussing anyone other than Mike Turner? Students derserve the best a school can offer them. If you need to raise money for facilities why not hire someone the community will get behind and support? If you want a winning program why not hire someone who has proven to be among the very best?

You want a coach or a lobbyist?

being a science hill alumnus, the hill hasn't had a "dominate" program in recent history, you would probably have to go back to the days of Plowboy Farmer. There have been a few good seasons: 7-3 regular season finishes in 08 under Smith and 01 and 03 under John Bowles. During my time at Science Hill, there were two consecutive seasons where they went 1-19, so there has been some improvement, but not to the caliber SH fans are wanting and expecting. The 0-16 monkey against Dobyns-Bennett the past 15 years is becoming a burden everyone associated with Science Hill football is tired of carrying.

As far as why SH has never had a succesful program, I have no idea. The JV, Freshman and Middle School teams have success year in and year out. The JV and Freshman lost one game each this season, the 8th graders were sectional champs. For some reason known only to God, it never has translated to the varsity level.

As far as the new stadium, if it seats 20K, i'll have plenty of room to myself :o

From what I've heard, it'll probably be 6K max, but the site has plenty of room to expand, which will hopefully be needed :D

Mike Turner is too old. He runs an antiquated offense. He may be considered but only after the current offer is rejected. There is only one person who has the poise, character, and dicipline to change hearts and minds. And if you were in attendence at the Science Hill versus South basketball game tonight then you would have seen a prime example of why the Hill doesn't have a football team. No class. No character. The man offered won't tolerate that kind of garbage under any circumstance. I would imagine his decision will be made by next week because he is not one to tarry. He left this one in the hands of someone larger than he. I would suggest everyone do the same and say a few quiet words on your own because this is a bit larger than most people consider. Expecially after what he was immersed in thus far this year. :D[/quote

Turner's offense is so antiquated that he is now 4 quarters away from playing for another National Championship. And before you argue that he gets to recruit his players at CN, remember the other other team also recruits their kids too. Comp, you are an idiot when it comes to football.

Mike Turner is too old. He runs an antiquated offense. He may be considered but only after the current offer is rejected. There is only one person who has the poise, character, and dicipline to change hearts and minds. And if you were in attendence at the Science Hill versus South basketball game tonight then you would have seen a prime example of why the Hill doesn't have a football team. No class. No character. The man offered won't tolerate that kind of garbage under any circumstance. I would imagine his decision will be made by next week because he is not one to tarry. He left this one in the hands of someone larger than he. I would suggest everyone do the same and say a few quiet words on your own because this is a bit larger than most people consider. Expecially after what he was immersed in thus far this year. :mellow:

You have accurate info. Basically a done deal :thumb: