Best QB?

classof2002

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down.... O and tell your all-star system QB that Maryville College has showed some interest...... he will only have to pay like 40 grand a year there.... :flower:

Yall can fight over who is the best QB but he is really at White Station none of the QB's around here are in the same league as this kid sorry to say.

Yea whatever you say.... watched him play against Maryville.... He is good but stone is def.... in the same league..... sorry to tell you :popcorneater: way better arm, and is faster..... would u call that the same league.... I think so

I really don't see how you think his arm is not any stronger then Stone and he looked pretty fast in the cold weather Maryville sure couldn't get him sacked and O by the way he played tight end for three years this is his first time playing QB. I have seen Stone play on TV against AC yes he is a good looking FS and he looked pretty good at QB but I am sorry this kid looks the best at of all the QB's listed on this web site and I am from this area of Clinton, Maryville, AC, Catholic and Farragut. I have seen all these QB's play live but Stone and the kid from AC which I watched there game on TV. Sorry not taking anything any from these kids but this kid really impressed me good size 6'2 225lbs is Stone 225 lbs.

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down.... O and tell your all-star system QB that Maryville College has showed some interest...... he will only have to pay like 40 grand a year there.... :wacko:

Yall can fight over who is the best QB but he is really at White Station none of the QB's around here are in the same league as this kid sorry to say.

I was thinking he'd be a fantastic QB in the Nebraska system from the Tom Osborne days.

Ive seen the kid from white station hes great I like Hunter Potete of DeKalb Co great passer and can run put up great numbers last 2 seasons

Ur kidding me.... Stone has the best arm in tennessee, and he can run an scramble when things break down.... 2 postitives... let me keep going... accuarcy both in the pocket and on the run both very good... reading defenses and making smart throws.... both very good.... Lets see how many interceptions did stone throw the last two seasons..... um can u say 6... six pics in two full seasons including play-offs, thats crazy..... so his arm strengh and athletic ability are his two highest qualities, but believe me he has others..... I could see him playing at Miss state or Ky... Cobb did last season and so could stone.... and the thing u failed to mention is that all of those QBs didnt lose there all-star running back the 2nd to last game of the season.... believe me if that injury hadn't happened, stone would have lead his team to the state, no doubt about that..... The head coach of the team that beat us even realized that, (read the Clinton paper if you dont know what im refering too).

So AC beat you without a stud back just with a bad QB and short WR's. Exceptfor wilson but he takes plays off. Plus with alot of So, and Jr's. If Stone is so good how did AC beat Clinton?

I'm glad to see people making comments about this topic. I would like to make some now after waiting and reading everyones posts. The White Station kid is very talented, and considering he has only played the QB position for one season, that is very very impressive. Better overall QB than Stone, very close but Stone's arm is so strong people, its very hard to say that. Athleticly yes, both about the same, maybe a slight edge to the White Station kid because of his size and speed. I also don't believe that Stone is the best QB in the state! Strongest arm yes until proven other wise. The kid has a misle, and has proven that to scouts at every camp he has been to. Space I don't think anyone is saying that Williams is a bad QB. If they are than they are wrong. System or not the kid broke every state record so you have to tip your hat to him. Another year getting bigger and stronger and working on his arm strengh, could def. see him following two former Anderon County area QB's ( Slover, Colston) at Tusculum. Great system over there to. And to answer your question AC beat Clinton really on two plays in the ball game. The first was the roughing the passer flag in the first half after the int that lead to your field goal. Not sayin it was a bad call, just a very big one. 2nd was a personal foul flag on Dee Shannon #3 late in the 3rd when Clinton was driving to take a 2 score lead. Huge flag but Clinton deserved it. And to top those to plays off, your team played a great game all night long, made plays when they had to, and belived they could win. Hats off to you guys. Nothing on Stone. He played a great game and considering he was guarding your best WR all night as well, thats saying something.

Stone could play in the SEC but not right away. He would have to redshirt a year and get bigger. Learn for a year or two after that and then step in. Miss State would be a good place for him. Big time arm, and makes great desions with the ball in his hands. He proved that this season making smart throws all year long. If not the SEC, Middle Tennessee would not be a stretch at all.

Great post by everyone, keep them coming. Love talking football with out all the trash talk.

I'm glad to see people making comments about this topic. I would like to make some now after waiting and reading everyones posts. The White Station kid is very talented, and considering he has only played the QB position for one season, that is very very impressive. Better overall QB than Stone, very close but Stone's arm is so strong people, its very hard to say that. Athleticly yes, both about the same, maybe a slight edge to the White Station kid because of his size and speed. I also don't believe that Stone is the best QB in the state! Strongest arm yes until proven other wise. The kid has a misle, and has proven that to scouts at every camp he has been to. Space I don't think anyone is saying that Williams is a bad QB. If they are than they are wrong. System or not the kid broke every state record so you have to tip your hat to him. Another year getting bigger and stronger and working on his arm strengh, could def. see him following two former Anderon County area QB's ( Slover, Colston) at Tusculum. Great system over there to. And to answer your question AC beat Clinton really on two plays in the ball game. The first was the roughing the passer flag in the first half after the int that lead to your field goal. Not sayin it was a bad call, just a very big one. 2nd was a personal foul flag on Dee Shannon #3 late in the 3rd when Clinton was driving to take a 2 score lead. Huge flag but Clinton deserved it. And to top those to plays off, your team played a great game all night long, made plays when they had to, and belived they could win. Hats off to you guys. Nothing on Stone. He played a great game and considering he was guarding your best WR all night as well, thats saying something.

Stone could play in the SEC but not right away. He would have to redshirt a year and get bigger. Learn for a year or two after that and then step in. Miss State would be a good place for him. Big time arm, and makes great desions with the ball in his hands. He proved that this season making smart throws all year long. If not the SEC, Middle Tennessee would not be a stretch at all.

Great post by everyone, keep them coming. Love talking football with out all the trash talk.

I have to claim total ignorance on this topic regarding QB's from other teams. However, regarding Anthony Hayes from WS, I would love to see how good he could be with some QB camps in the off season, and then have a couple of years to grow with the position. Unfortunately, he's a senior, so we'll never know that answer.

I have seen some QB's in our area that had all the physical tools to play the position, but totally lacked the mental ability to make his team better. It should be remembered in this discussion, that all the athleticism in the world is worthless without some brain power to go with it.

I wanted to expand on an earlier debate that came up between some fans. In my view there were 4 QB's this season in the Knox. County and surrounding area that really had stand out seasons. They were Philip Juhlin (Maryville), Darion Stone (Clinton), Tanner Williams (Anderson County), and Reese Browning (Farragut). These four QB's all had incrediable seasons, but my question is where would you rank these 4 outstanding QB's? Who's the best out of the 4? If you were starting your own team, which one would you pick first and why? I thought this would be a great debate so voice your thoughts.

I would take Stone if he was at AC this year man I would love to seen that.

I wanted to expand on an earlier debate that came up between some fans. In my view there were 4 QB's this season in the Knox. County and surrounding area that really had stand out seasons. They were Philip Juhlin (Maryville), Darion Stone (Clinton), Tanner Williams (Anderson County), and Reese Browning (Farragut). These four QB's all had incrediable seasons, but my question is where would you rank these 4 outstanding QB's? Who's the best out of the 4? If you were starting your own team, which one would you pick first and why? I thought this would be a great debate so voice your thoughts.

I would take Stone if he was at AC this year man I would love to seen that.

Zach Tate of Columbia has the big time arm...he's not that tall though

definitely more talented than the Anderson Co qb...though the AC system

is certainly quarterback friendly cause they pass every play

Tate can absolutely sling it!

But sadly, not much more than that it never seemed.

I'm really interested in seeing how is younger brother does next year.