Attendance for 1A championship game?

muffin

The stadium has a capacity of 16,500. I'd say there were a little under 7,000 at the UC/SP game. Maybe less.

I was thinking the same thing....

Looked like the Beech/Columbia game was maybe 85% full.....

I didn't like the games moving to Cookeville but with the stadium being smaller it gives the game a better atmosphere....6500-7000 fans make alot more noise and look better in a 16,500 stadium than they do in a stadium with a capacity of 32,000..

I am not so sure the concessions was that bad or if Geno just left with a bad taste in his mouth because of the games outcome!!! And the South Pittsburg side was 70% full at best-but it was a great game and a great turnout by both fan bases! Congratulations to both teams for an outstanding season and thanks for joining us in Cookeville-we enjoyed having you!

It was terrible.. the gates opened at 11, the food wasnt ready till 12.. out of food by 1:30 no coffee after 2nd qtr.. Terrible JOB.. worst ive seen... south pitt had there side at 90% id say

You must have been counting the folks that didn't come.

I was on the Union City side....50 yrd line and your side was about 50% to 55% full...not even close..

You didn't have many more if you did than Union City. We had to drive twice as far and it was a sweet trip home my friend!!!

You must have been counting the folks that didn't come.

I was on the Union City side....50 yrd line and your side was about 50% to 55% full...not even close..

You didn't have many more if you did than Union City. We had to drive twice as far and it was a sweet trip home my friend!!!

Thats about what it looked like on tv 50-60% full. TC brought everyone we had except the bank tellers.

Heard when we got back that they gotted robbed and there were no cops in town(all gone to game) :roflol:

Yeah 50 to 60% is more like it. Certainly not 90% for either side. Either way it was a great turn out. Murphy Fair was impressed. Atleast he said so on the half time show. I think UC had a few more because some of our good Milan people came to support the Dawgs and gave us a boost also. Its good to have several purple teams in the west. Thanks to all the teams from the west who supported us in our Dramatic Victory.

I understand that OC took their entire football team to watch both the UC and the Milan games! Now, I don't know if they went to SUPPORT either team, but they did sit on the Union City side of the field!! KUDOS to OC for sportsmanship! And CONGRATULATIONS to all of the UC players and coaches! You did an OUTSTANDING job!! I know you are all glad to have it behind you now, especially after all the hard work you have put into making this such a great season! Seniors, you will be sorely missed next year, we just hope the underclassmen will step up and TRY to fill your shoes! You all did such a great job! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Good luck in college and enjoy what is left of your high school years!

The OC Football team was at the game. I know of several of our fans that thanked them for their support. It was really nice of the coach to bring them. I heard they brought 2 busses. Some of the kids that play football for both programs do hang out so I am sure that they were rooting for UC.

This rivalry everyone talkes about is only on the fields and court. Outside of that, they get along fine.

Thanks again OC for supporting our team. It certainly did not go unnoticed. :thumb: