Smith County football 2010?

owls32

• 4 weeks later...
I just hope that our young guys will be able to get bigger, stronger, and faster this off-season and use those tools plus the valuable experience that they gained from this past season to compete with Smith County when the Owls come to Ashland City in week zero.

If #4 plays QB for the Owls this next season I look for them to have much more of a running threat from the QB position. With Wakefield and Joshua Johnston returning we already know that the Owls will not be short of playmakers on the offensive side of the football.

I saw that #76 was on the list of linemen returning next season. Is he back? I know that the Owls will have to replace #72, #55, #69, & #58 up front. The biggest losses for the Owls have to be the trio of Brey, Tongate, & Pinson. Those guys were outstanding football players.

Maynords going back to his bread and butter next year. Be ready for the veer howdy.

:flower:

SC will have two backs, a freshman (Manning) and a soph. (Stevenson) who will be the fastest we have had in many years. Manning presses over 300 lbs. and will be just a freshman. Scurlock, a jr. next year , will be more than ample to run the team at QB. Gage got some valuable playing time last year at crucial times. We have an excellent core of offensive and defensive players returning next year. Like said before, we will have to have some step it up and when all is said and done, SC will be ready to compete.

• 2 months later...
i've got some inside knowledge about a interesting lil scenario that should end up giving the owls a HUGE boost this year...

probably end up being the biggest windfall the carthage football program has had in decades...

No, the Harpers are not going to start coming to Smith Co. :!::twisted::roflolk:

i've got some inside knowledge about a interesting lil scenario that should end up giving the owls a HUGE boost this year...

probably end up being the biggest windfall the carthage football program has had in decades...

I can't wait for this announcement. It should make for some interesting conversations, or at the very least, a lot of disappointed people! :bored:

I can't wait for this announcement. It should make for some interesting conversations, or at the very least, a lot of disappointed people! :lol:

i'm just whetting their appetites right now, :bored: gotta keep my hand close to my chest until i can say for certain.

but rest assured this is so big the owl faithful will be talking about it for years... YEARS, guaranteed!!!

when i can officially let this cat out of the bag, sc fans will be so excited that some peoples head's may explode.

stay tuned folks!!! :lol:

I was talking with Postman the other day and he told me that his inside sources in Carthage told him that John Elway was coming to coach the Owls and bringing his son with him. :bored::lol::lol: