FUTURE STAR

yankees8589

I haven't seen J Rock play since the summer before Freshmen year, I actually played with him, but it was obvious he was very skilled, but he actually had athleticism that rivaled some of the guys on our team (Bearcats). In 8th grade he really took Memphis by storm after he got a comfortable playing against guys that were a little taller, bulkier, and faster. He's got plenty of tools, and here's a comparison to similiar players in Memphis.

Demarc Richardson- Same Height, Same Position. Glover is stronger and longer, probably not as quick, but has a better shot. Demarc is a freak, but Glover is no pushover.

Adam Weary- Adam is about the same size and has a better handle, but Glover in my opinion is more consistent on the offensive and even defensive side of the ball.

Andre Applewhite- I believe Andre is bigger, but Glover is a better shooter, and also more consistent. Applewhite locks up on D though and is a little longer.

If John Ross was in Memphis I could see him being a top 5 guy with the likes of Jarnell Stokes, Tay Newby, Cam Golden, Alex Anderson and then I believe he would fit right in with that group.

I AGREE. SPOT ON JJ.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt this kid is a good scorer but in the games I've seen him play, he couldn't guard a trash can. The next defensive stance he gets into will be his first. There are two ends of the floor, you know. He is young and I think he will figure it out, but I was disappointed in his effort and overall disreguard for the importance of defense. Great kid, great family, excellent offensive player, just think he has some work to do, particularly on defense. Just my opinion.

John Ross Glover from USJ is a future top 100 player in the class of 2012....don't laugh!!!! Mark it down and take it to the bank. While this kid doesn't play for a high profile team make no mistake about it he has the goods and an advanced game for a sophmore. Don't be suprised if he leads the state in scoring his SR season. Glover is going to be a HIGH MAJOR player. Go ahead and put Glover down with the likes of Caldwell, Hammer, Delks , Kemp, Chism, Varnado, and Prather as the next big time recruit from Rural West TN. Get out and watch him and enjoy, kid is a player. Eventually his name is going to a regular on this board........wait and see. Let me repeat the original statement....HIGH MAJOR TOP 100........not low/mid major. Some may or may not agree but by his senior season he is going to be one of the most sought after players in the state. Of course, I could be wrong but I don't think so. Go watch him and lets discuss what people think of this kids talent.

John Ross Glover the Six foot post player from usj......... I don't think he will even crack the top 250. I think he is a mid major player at best at six foot. He is strong for his age but he isn't athletic or tall and his form on his shot is shaky. I didn't think he was even the best play on his team in my evaluation. I though the point guard was the best player on usj. I would really think that if he is a top 100 player in the nation then Raphel is a top 50 player in the nation in the same class. Raphel is avg close to 30 points a game.

I seen him play against Greenfield at the martin westview thanksgiving tournment and he struggled. He got his points but with alot of touches. Greenfield had maybe one player over 6'1. And USJ lost. Greenfield maybe is a six seed in district 14a. I'm just not sold on a 6'1 post player at the next level.

John Ross Glover from USJ is a future top 100 player in the class of 2012....don't laugh!!!! Mark it down and take it to the bank. While this kid doesn't play for a high profile team make no mistake about it he has the goods and an advanced game for a sophmore. Don't be suprised if he leads the state in scoring his SR season. Glover is going to be a HIGH MAJOR player. Go ahead and put Glover down with the likes of Caldwell, Hammer, Delks , Kemp, Chism, Varnado, and Prather as the next big time recruit from Rural West TN. Get out and watch him and enjoy, kid is a player. Eventually his name is going to a regular on this board........wait and see. Let me repeat the original statement....HIGH MAJOR TOP 100........not low/mid major. Some may or may not agree but by his senior season he is going to be one of the most sought after players in the state. Of course, I could be wrong but I don't think so. Go watch him and lets discuss what people think of this kids talent.

John Ross Glover the Six foot post player from usj......... I don't think he will even crack the top 250. I think he is a mid major player at best at six foot. He is strong for his age but he isn't athletic or tall and his form on his shot is shaky. I didn't think he was even the best play on his team in my evaluation. I though the point guard was the best player on usj. I would really think that if he is a top 100 player in the nation then Raphel is a top 50 player in the nation in the same class. Raphel is avg close to 30 points a game.

I seen him play against Greenfield at the martin westview thanksgiving tournment and he struggled. He got his points but with alot of touches. Greenfield had maybe one player over 6'1. And USJ lost. Greenfield maybe is a six seed in district 14a. I'm just not sold on a 6'1 post player at the next level.

1. HE'S 6'4" AND GROWING.

2. HE DOESN'T PLAY POST(EXCEPT AT USJ); HE IS PROJECTED A 2/3 AT THE NEXT LEVEL.

3. HE'S ALREADY IN THE TOP 250 IN THE NATION.. HOOPSCOOP #223.

4. "NOT ATHLETIC OR TALL.. SHOT SHAKY" DUDE, YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY.

5. STUDY.. THEN COMMENT.

6. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR TALKING ABOUT E.J.

Gtown is not underrated. They're a top 5 team in the city, but I believe Wheeler is overrated majorly. Germantown is good, but they lack the depth as a team and in their frontcourt. They also lost to White Station by 8. They may finish 3rd in their district depending on Ridgeway. GC, Yankee, and Mrob you should all try to make the Gtown vs. Southwind game this friday. This may be the last year, for awhile anyways, that this rivalry is interesting.

I agree about Germantown...I saw them once this year against Liberty and they dominated them. Germantown has two D-1 guards an another 6-8 player that will probably play on the next level also. They are solid but me personally I don't think their deep enough too beat the others