Moore Co 2010

bigredbird

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moore County could do far worse than Atkins. He has won at every level and did a good job at FC but came up 9 points shy of winning 7 games. Germxx must be a coach looking for a job? I don't see Atkins taking the pay cut to go to a 1A school. He made over 60K at FC if WCDT's reporter got the facts right. He would also want to bring his son with him to coach. I spoke to one of his assistant coaches who said he has a job offer in NC.

I wonder if the folks at the Jack Daniels would put up the money to bring back Mac? I kind of doubt it.

I love the WING-T but it is no longer a top offense. The only reason Steve Matthews ran the Wing is because he was told he had to run it by the DOS. Very few top teams run the WING-T. I know Riverdale runs it but they also get into the I and the spread sets. It is just one of many looks they give you.

I am going to throw out another name for you to consider. Kermit Reed in FC coached with Mac at Marshall County. I bet he puts his name in the hat. He is a WING-T guy and a protege of Mac. Also I have heard that the d-line coach at Tullahoma will get an interview. Britton got a bum deal in winchester and he is a real possibility.

I have also heard former head coach Doug Price may be in the mix. An assistant coach from Rutherford County and Steve Carson have both made a phone call to Lynchburg. ELA wants to bring his son with him according to the newspapers so if he is hired it will be a two for one deal. I have also heard Steve Brittons name is being considered. I guess the question is do they want someone with a lot of head coaching experience or someone young who has no head coaching experience. A certain young former head football coach in Williamson County may be searching for another chance to wear the big whistle?

There is a report coming out of Winchester that Atkins is the new head coach at Moore County and that he is bringing two players with him. Is that legal? I doubt it. He has also told several folks he agreed to run the Wing-T to get the position. It is also being said that he is bringing two assistant coaches to lynchburg.

There is a report coming out of Winchester that Atkins is the new head coach at Moore County and that he is bringing two players with him. Is that legal? I doubt it. He has also told several folks he agreed to run the Wing-T to get the position. It is also being said that he is bringing two assistant coaches to lynchburg.

I don't think MC would consider Atkins. Just in a very short time Atkins has spent time at Spring Hill, Clay Co. system, East Ridge, somewhere in NC, somewhere in MS and Franklin Co. Moore county needs stability.

Moore County has suffered much the same as UT. After Mccurry left and then the Price and Montoye era, Mcdaniels stayed one year and exited to Oakland at first chance then MC hired Mathews and he exits to Siegel. MC does not need a Coach that is always looking to leave. No requirement for the next Coach to run the Wing T and has never been. Lots of people like the Wing T because of past success. Atkins would not be well received in Lynchburg. Too many people already know too much about him and his son. Franklin Co. people never accepted him. I guess he is a Ok guy but just not a good fit for MC.

I don't think MC would consider Atkins. Just in a very short time Atkins has spent time at Spring Hill, Clay Co. system, East Ridge, somewhere in NC, somewhere in MS and Franklin Co. Moore county needs stability.

Moore County has suffered much the same as UT. After Mccurry left and then the Price and Montoye era, Mcdaniels stayed one year and exited to Oakland at first chance then MC hired Mathews and he exits to Siegel. MC does not need a Coach that is always looking to leave. No requirement for the next Coach to run the Wing T and has never been. Lots of people like the Wing T because of past success. Atkins would not be well received in Lynchburg. Too many people already know too much about him and his son. Franklin Co. people never accepted him. I guess he is a Ok guy but just not a good fit for MC.

Blueboy he is from Spring Hill so he's not a carpetbagger. I was told by one of the coaches at Columbia that played for him when he was at SH that his wife wants to stay in Southern Middle TN. His oldest son just returned from Iraq and they live in SH or Columbia. I would think he would be a good fit for a small 1A school. I would also think that Steve Britton would be a good coach for Moore County. I do not think that Scott Smith would work out! Matthews left because he was told to find another job or else. Your own administration is causing some of the instability. Mac got too big for MC and left for more money and control. Price is still there.

Mathews was told to make a decision. He had applied at several schools, when the administration found out he was told to make a decision by the end of Christmas break. MC did not want someone to up and leave like the previous coach(Mcdaniel) did. Like I posted earlier, Atkins is OK as far as I know but has no stability. He seems to wear his welcome out very quick. Seems like about 2 years and he is off to another job. It is not smart to hire a Coach with a moving around history like that.