Cleveland Duals

BigTex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor gets beat twice in one day?? CBHS and Ryan?? Anybody who was there see what happened??? The paper said both Ryan and Christian Brothers both rallied to win...what happened?

Looks like it was a very interesting day between the Tn teams.....not so much when any team faced the boys from Collins Hill.

Baylor gets beat twice in one day?? CBHS and Ryan?? Anybody who was there see what happened??? The paper said both Ryan and Christian Brothers both rallied to win...what happened?

Father Ryan got off to an early lead (I believe they started the match at 152, and Agnew got the win). Baylor was the one that rallied but needed a pin at 145 to tie it up, and were unable to get that.

CBHS did rally. Down by about 16 with 4 matches to go, they got a win at 112, a forfeit at 119, a pin at 125, wins at 130, 135 and 140. A 2-0 loss at 145, then a win again at 152 to take the match

Purple Lineage: Father Ryan 112-pounder and 2009 state champ Cole Mosley is the son of former Sewanee star football player Glen Mosley, who holds the school record for tackles in a season (175) and unassisted tackles in a season (85) in 1985 ... Cole's uncle Tim Wilson was a two-time state champ for Ryan (1971-72).

I find this very hard to believe, are you sure that it's not Cole's Uncle that holds these records? I saw Glen Mosley walking down the hall, put in a stick of gum then preceeded to fall down four times. And it couldn't have been that his shoe laces got him, cause he still wears Velcro.

Congrats to the TFI and The Bros for doing something that I didn't think could be done. The JV div will be fun to watch this year with you 3 and the EBE.

bcb iii :roflol:

Purple Lineage: Father Ryan 112-pounder and 2009 state champ Cole Mosley is the son of former Sewanee star football player Glen Mosley, who holds the school record for tackles in a season (175) and unassisted tackles in a season (85) in 1985 ... Cole's uncle Tim Wilson was a two-time state champ for Ryan (1971-72).

I find this very hard to believe, are you sure that it's not Cole's Uncle that holds these records? I saw Glen Mosley walking down the hall, put in a stick of gum then preceeded to fall down four times. And it couldn't have been that his shoe laces got him, cause he still wears Velcro.

Congrats to the TFI and The Bros for doing something that I didn't think could be done. The JV div will be fun to watch this year with you 3 and the EBE.

From the Chattannoga Times:

"Baylor was without Zach Watson (119), Bennett Reese (125) and likely 171-pounder Nelson Pinkstaff. Watson, who has wrestled two-plus years and still hasn’t been beaten, is out for another four weeks with a broken ankle, Reese suffered a neck injury during the day and Pinkstaff will miss this season after undergoing shoulder surgery to repair an old football injury later this month."

Bear Kitty:

Pinkstaff out for the season. Watson out for another four weeks with a broken ankle-----certainly will take some time to get into shape after that and who knows how long it will get to 100%. It does indeed look like the financial aid division has just gotten a whole lot more interesting than earlier predicted. That quad with EBE/TBSFBAG/TFI /The Big Red in Nooga on Dec.31 has a new twist with TFI coming in as the favorite. Those "TBSFBAG is invincible" posts that some of us, including yours truly, were making following TBSFBAG's opening win over Soddy would appear to be a bit premature. I have told the wife to replace the usual Sunday pot roast with that crow I have been storing down in the freezer to give to my TFI friends after the match up here with EFT that isn't going to happen.

Just to flesh out the lineage and not slight a former teammate, another of Cole's uncles, Chris Wilson, was a two-time state champ for Ryan in 1977-78.

103 Austin Oliver (Clev) def Max Vaughn (SH) Fall 1:11

112 Cole Schurlknight (SH) def Joel Simpkins (Clev) Tech Fall 17-2

119 Haden Hamilton (Clev) def Carson Schurlknight (SH) Fall :51

125 Steven Goldstein (SH) def Brandon Strickland (Clev) Dec 5-3

130 Marvin Lopez (Clev) def Tyler Knowles (SH) Tech Fall 15-0

135 Jonathan Pearce (SH) def Adam Carbulito (Clev) Fall 1:32

140 Aaron Lopez (Clev) def Javier Tapia (SH) Tech Fall 16-1

145 Justin Synder (SH) def Dre Moore (Clev) Fall 4:45

152 Matt Stull (SH) def JC Bobe (Clev) Major Dec 16-5

160 Bailey Jones (Clev) def Matt Cruise (SH) Major Dec 15-4

171 Matt Cannon (SH) def Will Moreland (Clev) Major Dec 15-2

189 Chip Norwood (Clev) def Justin Harris (SH) Tech Fall 16-1