Top AAA teams in the state??

Tue Nov. 17 at Campbell Co. 3-5 aaa Hall of Fame Game W 69-37

Tue Nov. 24 Grainger 7-4 aaa N Land-Air Classic 5:30 at Greeneville W 76-36

Fri Nov. 27 #12 Elizabethton 9-2 aaa N LandAir Classic Semi-Final at Greeneville W 77-47

Sat Nov. 28 #22 Unicoi Co. 7-3 aa N LandAir Classic Championship at Greeneville W 70-46

Tue Dec. 1 South Doyle D 0-12 AAA W 81-28

Mon Dec. 7 #13 South Greene 7-4

aaa W 73-52

Tue Dec. 8 Cherokee 2-8 AAA D W 75-43

Fri Dec. 11 at Morristown East 6-4 AAA D W 84-43

Mon Dec. 14 Claiborne 6-4 W 84-43

Tue Dec. 15 at Seymour 7-4 AAA D W 59-26

Only found South Greene and Elizabethton on your list. how far back does that go? this is the only school year that it covers. Those two only have good records but must be playing good.

summer camps and fall play days. believe they even beat oak ridge by at least 20 points in a play day game in early november

Thats a good point but schedule does have something to do with it or is it a popularity exercise. Reclassification allowed schools to playn the best in your area such as Dobyns Bennett, Tennessee high Oak ridge, Farragutt, Cleveland and Walker Valley on your schedule. As important as your schedule are the number of great players on your team and they are great. Their play and chemistry played a more thn major part in your ranking.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that have to do with people making projections against Tennessee schools? Tennessee is the 3rd highest rated state in Girls Basketball. Tell them to be carefull and don't fall off the edge of the country out there or slide in to the ocean. All of these high powered schools powered in to Murfreesboro I think this summer with the best coaches in the county(yep Pat was there) and guess what? The BORO took their money. Must be some players wanting to go to school out there for the excitement. Now if you are saying Pat has seen your players with no results, ummmmmmmmmm. have a good trip.

What does that have to do with people making projections against Tennessee schools? Tennessee is the 3rd highest rated state in Girls Basketball. Tell them to be carefull and don't fall off the edge of the country out there or slide in to the ocean. All of these high powered schools powered in to Murfreesboro I think this summer with the best coaches in the county(yep Pat was there) and guess what? The BORO took their money. Must be some players wanting to go to school out there for the excitement. Now if you are saying Pat has seen your players with no results, ummmmmmmmmm. have a good trip.

Why the negativity about teams heading out west (or anywhere else for that matter) to showcase their talent and measure themselves against the best in the country? Such a statement seems stereotypically backward and close-minded! Not only is that a good thing for Tennessee basketball, it's a good thing to have young people travel and experience life outside of the confines of their hometown (for some, basketball is the only avenue for travel). When Tennesse takes its show on the road it brings national attention to our programs. Witness last month's Turkey Jam with teams from as far away as Maryland and Florida--that was made possible by Memphis Central's participation in last year's TOC in Arizona.

And once and for all, "Pat" is not the beginning and ending of girls basketball for Tennessee players! The player she doesn't want or can't use is just the player another school is looking for. Everybody can't play for Tennessee, nor should that be their only aspiration and they shouldn't be belittled for taking their game on the road and finding the best fit for THEM. I recently heard Jasmine James, a 2010 two-time SEC Freshman of the week say if she couldn't play for Tennesse then she would play on a team that would beat Tennessee--I love it and I can't wait to see if she does. :thumb:

Absolutely no complaint in players going outside the state to play in the Tournament. The posts were comments that there were no Tournaments in State ot challenge better teams and thats not so. just have to travel a little more and its certainly costs less than going all the way to California. Will say this, a lot of this was in jest with the other poster though. Sorry.

This post made absolutely no sense to me at all!!! Even if you would like them to slide off into the ocean or otherwise disappear they are going to Arizona, not California. Maybe you should make out everybody's schedule next year so we all play at the level of competition you think we should. Have you even seen Morristown West play? Are you randomly picking teams that look good on paper for them to play? The IMAC is no slouch of a schedule, they are playing Cleveland both home and away and the Arizona trip will for sure be a challenge. South Greene and Elizabethton are top class AA schools. And the BORO over the summer , is that AAU you are talking about? What does that have to do with anything? If the IMAC was in the middle of the state whould you be more favorable?

Hoop good post that allows me to explain. The ratings were done by posters from all over the state. They are only a list of top schools by some posters opinion. All Lists were not the same. In fact another fan list is set up on the home page of this site by other fans on this site and goes until Dec. 19th. Have you put your choices on the list. The fan poll allows you also to see how fans have voted. Have your fans posted? IMO, it is an honor to be on the list what ever the position. Yes some have seen West play but likely no one has seen all. Yes I made calls to a coach in the area and got MY information. I am familiar with IMAC and read the posts on their site all of the time. i look forward to seeing the scores against Cleveland. With their point guard back, they think they are a top team. SG and Eton do have very good records and while West has played a number of games, they are just in the ETennessee area and the comment was "Why not get out of the area for a couple of games or in a Tournament to see how you stack up". To place yourself at the top of the list with no general confirmation of fans who had not seen you is a little hard to rate. While I did not put a list on this particular thread, I did look at the consensus of the schools mentioned and agreed they could be the best. A little later in the season, another list will be asked for so fans then can look and communicate again. With the fans who have posted West is evidently one of the best but the real test or poll is will you win your District, Region and Sectional and will you be in the State. Going to Arizona will not get you there. Not letting others in the State see you does not get yu on top of a poll either. We though look forward to seeing you play in the state and especially look forward to seeing the fine players you have. Please vote and you will get another chance to vote later. Being anywhere in the State does not give any school any advantage in any way. Good Luck.

Why the negativity about teams heading out west (or anywhere else for that matter) to showcase their talent and measure themselves against the best in the country? Such a statement seems stereotypically backward and close-minded! Not only is that a good thing for Tennessee basketball, it's a good thing to have young people travel and experience life outside of the confines of their hometown (for some, basketball is the only avenue for travel). When Tennesse takes its show on the road it brings national attention to our programs. Witness last month's Turkey Jam with teams from as far away as Maryland and Florida--that was made possible by Memphis Central's participation in last year's TOC in Arizona.

And once and for all, "Pat" is not the beginning and ending of girls basketball for Tennessee players! The player she doesn't want or can't use is just the player another school is looking for. Everybody can't play for Tennessee, nor should that be their only aspiration and they shouldn't be belittled for taking their game on the road and finding the best fit for THEM. I recently heard Jasmine James, a 2010 two-time SEC Freshman of the week say if she couldn't play for Tennesse then she would play on a team that would beat Tennessee--I love it and I can't wait to see if she does. :)

BBX, good post.

My post had nothing to do with rankings and voting and all that other stuff. I don't care what the ranking is, I care about you dishing off on a team that does not meet your criteria for , uh, i am not sure what. Again, what did you mean by the BORO? AAU tournament? Maybe I am slow but where did all the Pat talk (uuuuummmmmmmmmmmm ) and drop off into the ocean come from? Seems Mo West and AA power GC are not your favorite teams as you seem to respond to both in a very negative way.

Which post says AAU? When I posted West's current schedule of games played and the teams they played and the scores, next to the name of the team they played I put AAA if they were DivI AAA and I put AA if they were a smaller school DivI AA. Thats the only thing I remember but no AAU, This past summer a number of players were brought in for an exposure and a lot of University Coaches were thre from all over the country. Don't remember the date. But all of this means nothing about what i posted.Somebody up there said you were traveling soon and i wish you luck and again will see your team at state if you get thru District, Region. and Sectional in Tennessee if that is important to you.

Which post says AAU? When I posted West's current schedule of games played and the teams they played and the scores, next to the name of the team they played I put AAA if they were DivI AAA and I put AA if they were a smaller school DivI AA. Thats the only thing I remember but no AAU, This past summer a number of players were brought in for an exposure and a lot of University Coaches were thre from all over the country. Don't remember the date. But all of this means nothing about what i posted.Somebody up there said you were traveling soon and i wish you luck and again will see your team at state if you get thru District, Region. and Sectional in Tennessee if that is important to you.

seems to me you dont know what your talkin about billy bob . this current mo west team can and has beaten west middle and east tn powers. i put them up against any team in this state. wouldnt surprise me if they come back from phoenix with a national ranking. they have all the weapons and are very skilled which most teams cant match.

Cookeville girls are rebuilding this year, younger than usual. No seniors getting significant minutes(only 2 on squad).

Starting 1 sometimes 2 freshmen which is unheard of under coach Odom.

Missing the big center they've had in past years.

But they're growing, and getting better. Be back in that top 10 list soon.

THE SQUAD :)

Those two freshman are going to something special before their careers are finished. I also believe Coach Odom will have this team causing havoc for others come end of regular season and the post season. Helton is truly missed I know but I believe you are right that the Lady Cavs will be back soon, Coach Odom is a good coach and will see to it they only get better. Good luck to you guys!

Hey thanks for the kind words Big Daddy!

Yeah, the two freshmen, Goolsby & Robinson, are very good now and will only get better.

Goolsby's the #1 option now as a freshman.

I agree, coach Odom will continue to coach em up. They and the rest of the Lady Cavs will be a team to be reckoned with in the second half of the season.

And good luck to the LA Wildcats this season, as you know I pull for them too! :)

THE SQUAD :)