All-District 11aa

crazytrain

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood: Blaine Hooper, Kimo Odom, Tyler Adkisson, Cain Smith, Chris Hartman, Dalton McConnell, Caleb Bell, Timmy Lyle, Chuck Daniel (Coach of the Year)

Camden: Patrick Hassell, Michael Gaskin, Maurice Whitfield, Trey White, Devon White, Kyle Blackburn, Dakota Summers, Jordan Murphy

Harpeth: Perry Horkins, Nathan Foriest, Zach Douglas, Jacob Conatser, Dakota Seagraves, Travis Tice

Stewart County: Thomas Grasty, Jesse Voss, Seth Crain, Chris Ford, Tarik Howard

Waverly Central: Justin Vogel, Nick Bercik, Tyler Fuller, Alex Shoemake

Montgomery Central: Zach Mulitavlopele & Bryant Jackson

Cheatham County: Brady White & Shaun Montgomery

Those are my personal picks for the 2009 All-District team for District 11-AA. I would probably pick Blaine Hooper from Creek Wood as MVP of the district. I would go with Perry Horkins from Harpeth as my Offensive MVP of the district. I would pick Dalton McConnell from Creek Wood as my Defensive MVP of the district.

I would then pick the following as position players:

Quarterback: Michael Gaskin (Camden)

Running Back: Shaun Montgomery (Cheatham County)

Wide Receiver: Cain Smith (Creek Wood)

Offensive Line: Chris Hartman (Creek Wood)

Defensive Line: Zach Douglas (Harpeth)

Linebacker: Thomas Grasty (Stewart County)

Secondary: Tyler Adkisson (Creek Wood)

Coach: Chuck Daniel (Creek Wood)

Quarterback: Micheal Gaskin Senior Camden Central

Running back: Kimo Odom Junior Creek Wood

Running Back: Maurice Whitfield Senior Camden Central

Wide Reciever: Perry Horkins Senior Harpeth

Wide Reciever: Cain Smith Senior Creek Wood

Offensive Line: Brady White Senior Cheatham Co.

Offensive Line: Chris Hartman Senior Creek Wood

Offensive Line: Quentin Cunningham Freshmen Waverly Central

Defensive Line: Zach Douglas Senior Harpeth

Defensive Line: Chris Hartman Senior Creek Wood

Defensive Line: Alex Shoemake Senior Waverly Central

Linebacker: Zach Mulitauaopele Senior Montgomery Central

Linebacker: Jeff Jackson Senior Waverly Central

Linebacker: Kyle Blackburn Sophmore Camden Central

linebacker: Justin Glover Junior Waverly Central

Defensive Back: Tyler Adkisson Senior Creek Wood

Defensive Back: Trae White Sophmore Camden Central

Defensive Back: Tyler Fuller Senior Waverly Central

That is my opinion.. I know that their are more wavo players than any other team, but everybody that comes on here and puts their all district teams on will favor their hometown team. Either way i am interest in seeing the other picks so ya start picking!!! GOD BLESS EVERYBODY BWTP

Creek Wood: Blaine Hooper, Kimo Odom, Tyler Adkisson, Cain Smith, Chris Hartman, Dalton McConnell, Caleb Bell, Timmy Lyle, Chuck Daniel (Coach of the Year)

Camden: Patrick Hassell, Michael Gaskin, Maurice Whitfield, Trey White, Devon White, Kyle Blackburn, Dakota Summers, Jordan Murphy

Harpeth: Perry Horkins, Nathan Foriest, Zach Douglas, Jacob Conatser, Dakota Seagraves, Travis Tice

Stewart County: Thomas Grasty, Jesse Voss, Seth Crain, Chris Ford, Tarik Howard

Waverly Central: Justin Vogel, Nick Bercik, Tyler Fuller, Alex Shoemake

Montgomery Central: Zach Mulitavlopele & Bryant Jackson

Cheatham County: Brady White & Shaun Montgomery

Those are my personal picks for the 2009 All-District team for District 11-AA. I would probably pick Blaine Hooper from Creek Wood as MVP of the district. I would go with Perry Horkins from Harpeth as my Offensive MVP of the district. I would pick Dalton McConnell from Creek Wood as my Defensive MVP of the district.

I would then pick the following as position players:

Quarterback: Michael Gaskin (Camden)

Running Back: Shaun Montgomery (Cheatham County)

Wide Receiver: Cain Smith (Creek Wood)

Offensive Line: Chris Hartman (Creek Wood)

Defensive Line: Zach Douglas (Harpeth)

Linebacker: Thomas Grasty (Stewart County)

Secondary: Tyler Adkisson (Creek Wood)

Coach: Chuck Daniel (Creek Wood)

How are you gonna pick anyone other than Michael Gaskin as the MVP of this district? Seriously..... His stats were unsurpassed by anybody in the district. He was the best player in the district by far. Horkins as offensive MVP...NO WAY He did NOTHING against Creekwood or Camden. He got his stats against the defensive cupcakes.

Check out the TACA all star game on tv Matt. Horkins from Harpeth and Summers from Camden are the only 11AA boys I see. Might check out the TSSAA record books too. 2nd in career receiving touchdowns and 3rd in receiving yardage all time for Horkins. Yeah, some of that came against double and triple teams and the better teams do a better job of deny. Who had big games against Creekwood and Camden this season?

I'll say again that I hate all district teams. Too subjective and voted on by guys that saw the other players play 2 games at the most live.

The receiving yards are impressive for Horkins but this isn't a career award. This is a single season award. Do you really think that Horkins was more important to his team than Gaskin was to Camden. If so look at the Camden/Milan game outcome. Camden scores 2 more TD's if he isn't hurt and probably wouldn't have given up 2-3 that they did to lollypop passes that Milan threw considering he made the all star team on defense as a safety. Anyone who saw Gaskin knew he was a superior athelete on the field every game he was in. He was on the All-Star team, but his broken ankle kept him from going. I'm not taking anything from Horkin's accomplishments, but he did NOTHING against the top defenses of the district but Gasking did it to EVERYBODY. Camden single covered Horkins with a sophmore db Trae White and he got nothing. No single player stopped Gaskin and most times the whole team couldn't. i.e. 109 yard run for TD on 4th and 25 where a bad snap had him trapped in his own endzone and he made 5 guys miss him in the backfield and 4 in the open field. He was phenominal in the openfield and always had 3-4 guys to make miss to get there. If you saw him play every game, you would understand where I am coming from.

What I don't understand is calling out individuals. Howdoitknow acknowledged it was HIS opinion. You can make your own list. It holds about the same amount of weight which is...........just opinion. What an individual on a team does is a pretty subjective thing. What a strong team does against other teams that aren't as strong sort of skews the results too wouldn't you say? I'd rather just say they're both good players and leave it at that. MVP of the district? What do you do with that? Put it on your resume'?

A little birdie from around the way provided me with the following info: Aside from the All-dsitrict 11 AA team, here are the MVPs of each respective position:

Most Valuable Punter: Jeff Jackson Waverly

Most Valuable Kicker: Joey Stecker Creek Wood

Most Valuable Athlete: Maurice Whitfield Camden

Most Valuable Quarterback: Jesse Voss Stewart County

Most Valuable Linebacker: Kyle Blackburn Camden

Most Valuable Offensive Back: Kimo Odom Creek Wood

Most Valuable Defensive Back: Tanner Cox Harpeth

Most Valuable Receiver: Perry Horkins Harpeth

Most Valuable Defensive Lineman: Jordan Murphy Camden

Most Valuable Offensive Lineman: Ethan Bumpus & Dakota Summers Creek Wood & Camden

Most Valuable Special Teams Player: Owen Canady Harpeth

Most Valuable Offensive Player: Blaine Hooper Creek Wood

Most Valuable Defensive Player: Zach Mulitauaopele Montgomery Central

Player Of The Year: Michael Gaskin Camden

Congrats to all players and teams. Banquet is to be held Jan 13.