McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

Who do you think Comer will start at QB? I know it's just speculation and nobody knows. I am just interested in your opinion. I have followed the comments throughout the passing league season and there have not been strong comments one way or the other. Of course, they could each have their own strengths and will develope as the season goes on, but as the starter...who do you see taking the field?

I'd be scared to make a call on that right now. Skill wise I'm told they have been pretty equal. Luke went to New Orleans to Peyton and Eli Manning's camp and that may be a factor in the end. All I know for sure is we have one tough schedule and whoever gets in the saddle better cowboy up 'cause it's gonna be a rodeo right out of the gate!!!! The passing league thing at APSU we were paired with much larger schools so that is a non factor to me. In the Spring we tied Union City and beat Milan so for now I'm looking at that since that involved the entire lineup of both teams.

Passing league games are pretty fickle to say the least. Back in the 90's, McKenzie played in a passing league game against Westview. Our fullback was hurt so coach moved one of our offensive guards into his slot. The kid had never played one down as a back or receiver in his career! By the end of the day he was our top receiver catching 8 of 9 passes and two TD's! Then he was right back to offensive guard????? Heck we had plenty of offensive guards but very dang few receivers?????? So one never knows what will pan out in these deals.

All I know is I'm behind the Rebels to the bitter end (or glorious end as it may be!!!)

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be scared to make a call on that right now. Skill wise I'm told they have been pretty equal. Luke went to New Orleans to Peyton and Eli Manning's camp and that may be a factor in the end. All I know for sure is we have one tough schedule and whoever gets in the saddle better cowboy up 'cause it's gonna be a rodeo right out of the gate!!!! The passing league thing at APSU we were paired with much larger schools so that is a non factor to me. In the Spring we tied Union City and beat Milan so for now I'm looking at that since that involved the entire lineup of both teams.

Passing league games are pretty fickle to say the least. Back in the 90's, McKenzie played in a passing league game against Westview. Our fullback was hurt so coach moved one of our offensive guards into his slot. The kid had never played one down as a back or receiver in his career! By the end of the day he was our top receiver catching 8 of 9 passes and two TD's! Then he was right back to offensive guard????? Heck we had plenty of offensive guards but very dang few receivers?????? So one never knows what will pan out in these deals.

All I know is I'm behind the Rebels to the bitter end (or glorious end as it may be!!!)

Yea, I heard the match up at APSU was not really suitable. You cant tell until your team takes the field during the season and even then, you never know. I just know you guys follow the team really close, so i figured you would have as much of an educated guess as anyone.

it will be interesting and i look forward to seeing how it unfolds!

Well Atleast Greenfield Aint On It! LOL.

Yeah, and I hate that. I'm really missing all the crying and missing Wimpy's before the games even more. But, there were those trots up that hill to the restroom after eating and before the game too.................

Maybe it's best we don't play them afterall!!!!!!

Yea, I heard the match up at APSU was not really suitable. You cant tell until your team takes the field during the season and even then, you never know. I just know you guys follow the team really close, so i figured you would have as much of an educated guess as anyone.

it will be interesting and i look forward to seeing how it unfolds!

Well I Haven't Heard Much Either..Except Luke Has Been Doing All He Can To Be The Man.... So If There Aint Much Talk One Way Or The Other...My Guess Is Luke Is The Man....But Ole Comer Is Gonna Put His Best Foot Forward I'm Sure. But If There Is Nothing Setting Them Apart? Why Would He Dump The Man He's Been Grooming For A Johnny Come Lately! Now I Know Your From Westview And Your Upset He Came To Mckenzie...But One Does What One Can. And If He Is The Man We Will Support Him At That Position....But Know This...He's A Rebel Now And He Has Our Support Anyway!

Yeah, and I hate that. I'm really missing all the crying and missing Wimpy's before the games even more. But, there were those trots up that hill to the restroom after eating and before the game too.................

Maybe it's best we don't play them afterall!!!!!!

They Need To Scrap The Program And Concentrate On Baseball And Basketball. But Hey, Wimpy's Will Be Sorely Missed. But The Crying Is Still Around...Anytime You See Their thread just Drop On In! LOL.

Well I Haven't Heard Much Either..Except Luke Has Been Doing All He Can To Be The Man.... So If There Aint Much Talk One Way Or The Other...My Guess Is Luke Is The Man....But Ole Comer Is Gonna Put His Best Foot Forward I'm Sure. But If There Is Nothing Setting Them Apart? Why Would He Dump The Man He's Been Grooming For A Johnny Come Lately! Now I Know Your From Westview And Your Upset He Came To Mckenzie...But One Does What One Can. And If He Is The Man We Will Support Him At That Position....But Know This...He's A Rebel Now And He Has Our Support Anyway!

Butchie - your posts are always are always purty good! that's why i posed the question to you and duck. i am from westview, and i am not upset he left. he wasnt going to get the starting job until his senior year. that is the way it is. i know Comer will do what's best...as all coaches will do for their team! I know he feels the support from your town and as a friend of his and the family, i can tell you i appreciate that. it will be a bag of mixed feelings when the View takes on the Rebs! Dont get me wrong...I want the VIEW to take it!! but as a person, I am glad to see that a kid can change schools and feel welcome. that's a sign of class! anyway, just wanted your insight.

Yes, And Camden At Home Opener.

Well Butchie its almost here! Peabody has a scrimmage Friday here in Trenton against Crockett County. I got to find out what time i going to check them out. Peabody hung pretty tough with them back in March. The Tide will have a pretty good offense but will need to step it up on defense. It will be a tough road for the Rebels and Tide the schedules are brutal as well as for the Vikings! Good luck on a good year! :thumb:

Butchie - your posts are always are always purty good! that's why i posed the question to you and duck. i am from westview, and i am not upset he left. he wasnt going to get the starting job until his senior year. that is the way it is. i know Comer will do what's best...as all coaches will do for their team! I know he feels the support from your town and as a friend of his and the family, i can tell you i appreciate that. it will be a bag of mixed feelings when the View takes on the Rebs! Dont get me wrong...I want the VIEW to take it!! but as a person, I am glad to see that a kid can change schools and feel welcome. that's a sign of class! anyway, just wanted your insight.

Well, It Seems A New Quarterback May Get The Nod. Max Arnold, May Be Under Center. I Don't Know Or Understand The Thought Process Involved, Heck I'm Not The Coach. But, I Was Thrown A Curve, I Didn't know He Was In The Running. He's Had A Laundry List Of Injuries Since Coming Here From Humboldt. Hope His Insurance Is Paid Up! And Luke And Zeike Had Better Stay Loose, And Keep The Ambulance Motor Running! :roflol:

Well Butchie its almost here! Peabody has a scrimmage Friday here in Trenton against Crockett County. I got to find out what time i going to check them out. Peabody hung pretty tough with them back in March. The Tide will have a pretty good offense but will need to step it up on defense. It will be a tough road for the Rebels and Tide the schedules are brutal as well as for the Vikings! Good luck on a good year! :thumb:

Man, I Know That Tide Blood Is Pumping! I Hope For A Season Full Of Nail Biting Plays And Tail Puckering Drives! Good Luck Zebra! Hope We Meet Up Someday!.

Well, It Seems A New Quarterback May Get The Nod. Max Arnold, May Be Under Center. I Don't Know Or Understand The Thought Process Involved, Heck I'm Not The Coach. But, I Was Thrown A Curve, I Didn't know He Was In The Running. He's Had A Laundry List Of Injuries Since Coming Here From Humboldt. Hope His Insurance Is Paid Up! And Luke And Zeike Had Better Stay Loose, And Keep The Ambulance Motor Running! :roflol:

Well I have been watching spring practice and summer camp pretty close. I did not see this coming, Max may surprise us all but injury bug has me worried about him taking snaps. He has put on some weight in the right places, maybe that will help with injuries. I hope Max does not go both ways I know Max is an asset on defense but I also think it is an easy way to loose your starting QB. I think we may see a lot of young faces on defense. Our Big Boys up front should be a highlight this year very quick very experienced. My biggest question is running backs not sure who will step up and pound the rock. Still too early to set the depth chart. I have faith in the coaching staff the will be ready for any situation thrown at them.

Good post neighbor. For now none of us can say which one will get the nod at starter. Luke has done a LOT of prep to be the man but, still who knows. The Rebels have had transfers from other schools around in the past and I'm sure everyone of them will tell you that when they ran on the field with the Rebels they felt like one of us from the beginning. I'm sure the better of the two will be on the field on any given Friday. Oddly, this is a bit of an unusual situation the Rebels find themselves in. Normally for most of the last 10 seasons or more, the starting QB was not a question mark untill now. This question actually is one of several that have me on the edge of my seat already and I haven't even gotten to it yet.......but, it's just two blocks away!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!

COL. REB FOR GOVERNOR!!!!!!!!!!

:popcorneater:

I don't believe there is a question mark on the QB situation.

Now granted, I've only been by practice in the afternoon -- Max is the only one I've seen under center. I can't speak for Coach Comer and the other coaches, but I believe that Max is in fact the starting QB.