McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

Watched the Lexington McKenzie scrimmage the score 2-1 McKenzie varsity, 1-1 JV.

Lexington looked to have some athletes on looks like they are headed in the right direction.

McKenzie O line with very few exceptions look very good tonight breaking open holes and protected Max very well for the most part. McKenzie’s running backs ran with power and speed. Jace ran like a man on mission tonight. Looks like the butterfingers may have come to an end. Max looked his usual confident self; made good passes as well as good decisions. The receivers ran very good routes and took care of the ball.

Defense as squad look great there were some miscues on coverage and some sloppy tackling but I think those things will be gone soon.

From what I saw of the freshman game we Rebel fans have a lot to look forward to.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you chipintn, we have some very good freshman this year. With a little weight training and some time playing with the varsity, things look very bright. I imagine a couple of them will see a little action this year on special teams. Now to the scrimmage, I think the blitz kinda threw the OL off a little, once they figured it out, things went very well. When you have 7 coming and only 5-6 blocking up front and still gain big yardage, that says alot. Max is fitting into the QB role right on track. He is just an outstanding athelete to say the least. We have alot to look forward to this year with him taking the snaps. Speaking of snaps, I'm gonna give my boy his props. Being this is his first year every playing center, I think he is looking very good. Moving from guard to center is not an easy task but he has taken on this new role and ran with it, proud of you son. Back to Max, his timing with the receivers is starting to gel, gets better everyday. Like chip said, Jace had one of the best days carring the rock I have seen. Looks like he as a little to prove this year and don't imagine he is gonna disappoint us in the least bit. That hit when he dismantled the helmet was classic. Highlight film and it's only preseason. We have to work on the tackling a little. We have been struggling some with it during the scrimmages. It has gotten better but still needs a little work. The secondary wants to make the big hits which is fine just learn to wrap up when doing it. Overall, I'm liking what I see. We have made some depth at key positions that will benefit a great deal. I thought the Def looked great overall too. Made some big hits and pursued the ball very well. We gave up a couple decent runs but that is to be expected. Lexington has a better team this year and getting to play with them will only make us better. I was impressed to see how much better the have become. They will defiantly make some noise in 4a this as well. They have a solid Def and to see us move the ball on them made things look even better. Buckle up Rebel Nation, because we gonna be in for another wild ride.

On a side note, lets not forget tomorrow night is the 2nd annual Meet the Rebels Night. Everyone get out there and show these kids our support. Gates open at 5 and activities start at 6. Hope to see ya there.

WOW!! Great scrim REBELS!! Lexington has a very good running game and for the most part our fellas looked real good as a whole. It was nice to see we were making alot of contact at the line of scrim but we didn't allways rap em up. I saw Coaches chewin some butt with the D but thats coaching. I also seen the coaches giving out lots of praise and some HI 5's on the big hits. Way to go D!! Its gettin close to friday nite time! Can't wait. The O line blew open some holes and the backs found em. Running game looked really good. Pretty awesome when one of the biggest hits is from your running back on a defender, that was some popping, everyone over on the grassy hill were like "OOOOooo" . On offense there was some timing issuse with tho option early but some of that was the stunts from the Lexington D. The O line seemed to have it all sorted by the 2nd series of offense. The passing is gonna be exciting this year it looked great. Lots of moving away from pressure and making good decisions with the ball. You know I just didnt think about it being our centers first time playin center? My bad on that he is doing a GREAT job you should be one proud papa. Lots going on with the Lexington D line jumpin all over the place before the snaps and the line did awesome with all Lexington threw at them. You know that will pay off big time as the season move along. Well under the bright lights this friday should be some good football to watch. Thanks REBELS for a great scrim!!!

Edited by 1bigfootballfan

2010 Huntingdon Qtrbk Club Football Jamboree

The 2010 Huntingdon Quarterback Club Jamboree at Paul Ward Stadium begins at 7:00 p.m.

Price of admission - $5.00 in Advance bought from your school

$6.00 at the Gate - admission divided among the schools

Two Ten Minute Halves

Matchups:

HOME VISITOR

Game 1 Huntingdon Henry County

Game 2 West Carroll Camden

Game 3 Bruceton Martin Westview

Game 4 Union City McKenzie

This is the link where I found this info:

http://huntingdon.tn.hsh.schoolinsites.com/?PageName=LatestNews&Section=LatestNews&ItemID=100067&ISrc=School&Itype=News

Edited by 1bigfootballfan

Hey Butchie, put your schedule on the T. I am going back to Bethel in early Oct and hope to see the Rebels

Only If I Get A Face With The Name Ole Silent One! LOL.Schedule:

8/20 Camden (H) -

8/27 Westview (A) -

9/3 Dresden* (H) -

9/10 Trenton (A) -

9/17 Gleason* (H) -

9/24 Humboldt (A) -

10/1 West Carroll* (H) -

10/8 TCA (H) -

10/15 Bruceton* (A) -

10/22 BYE

10/29 Huntingdon* (A)

Edited by Butchie

I Spoke With Coach Duncan At Wally World The Other Day. And He Is His Usual Self, Not Showing His Hand Much. But He Said We Are Gonna Be Tough. And That's Enough For Me. Comer And Duncan And Thomas Seem To Always Put Their Best Foot Forward. And My Rebel Spirit Burns Deep. But We Spoke At Lengths About That No Good Traitor Of A Kid Of His That Defected To Huntingdon, LOL! I Mean, Has The Economy Gotten So Bad That A Rebel Has To Work In Of All Places Huntingdon. He Said The Family Was Printing Up Shirts In Protest....Heck Get Me A 2XX! Duck, You Want One?

I Spoke With Coach Duncan At Wally World The Other Day. And He Is His Usual Self, Not Showing His Hand Much. But He Said We Are Gonna Be Tough. And That's Enough For Me. Comer And Duncan And Thomas Seem To Always Put Their Best Foot Forward. And My Rebel Spirit Burns Deep. But We Spoke At Lengths About That No Good Traitor Of A Kid Of His That Defected To Huntingdon, LOL! I Mean, Has The Economy Gotten So Bad That A Rebel Has To Work In Of All Places Huntingdon. He Said The Family Was Printing Up Shirts In Protest....Heck Get Me A 2XX! Duck, You Want One?

Yeah, better get me a 3X!!!! I like 'em loose!!!!!

I hope he understands what an arse whopping is going to be!