McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

I thought the scrimmage was a 3-3 tie as well but really doesn't matter. We played very well overall. A couple blunder inside the 5 would have made a difference but that horseshoes and grenades. UC had one good series and that was the first in which they scored. The second came on a reverse in the dark before we moved to the lights and the third came against mostly soph and fresh playing so count it as you wish. UC has some talented ballplayers and well be fine this year. Personally I could care less what the score was. The Rebels got a good work out with a good team. Thats why they scrimmage, to get some reps in before things start to count. When things start to count on paper, well then we can really get into it. We have some work to do but we will be fine. I spoke with one of UC coaches on the sidelines during it and he said that several people said the Rebels were down this year. After he said that, he had a big smile on his face and made the comment that evidently they haven't got all the facts because we were as good as he has seen the past few years. So let all the Rebel haters dismiss us this year and see what happens when we stick a foot in their rearends.

We scrimmage Lexington at the practice field around 5-5.30 Friday. Come on out and take a peek. We should be at full force and once again get a quality workout with another good team.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK kiddies, lets not get all out of shape here. Point is that the Rebels played as well as if not better than the defending Class A Champs. Let's all worry about what happens on opening Friday night.

I do like the fact that a McKenzie/Union City matchup has become a significant factor to us all though. That in itself says a ton about the programs considering UC is the defending Class A state champ!!!!!

Most of us on here right now are football addicts!! That's a good thing I hope. May the Rebels beat UC in the Jamboree and play after ya'll in Cookville.

Got any idea what the score might have been ??

Comer's defenses play the Bowling Veer/Mid-line Option as well as anyone...He had pretty good success against Bowling even when Bowling was at Obion Central...And..Not defending the pass very well is nothing new for Union City....How are they going to be able to defend the pass when you have an offense that attempts 15 passes all year long ??

Very good post. Looks like some I've seen about the Rebels in the past. The Rebels and Tornadoes have come to be a good sounding board for each other in the last couple of years. We seem to give each other a good idea of what we need to work on to get the deed done. Come on week 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good post. Looks like some I've seen about the Rebels in the past. The Rebels and Tornadoes have come to be a good sounding board for each other in the last couple of years. We seem to give each other a good idea of what we need to work on to get the deed done. Come on week 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Union City and McKenzie should be playing every year...UC has no business messing around with playing Trigg County, Ky....Maybe with this season being the end of the current two year contracts, UC and McK can get hooked back up...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

I thought the scrimmage was a 3-3 tie as well but really doesn't matter. We played very well overall. A couple blunder inside the 5 would have made a difference but that horseshoes and grenades. UC had one good series and that was the first in which they scored. The second came on a reverse in the dark before we moved to the lights and the third came against mostly soph and fresh playing so count it as you wish. UC has some talented ballplayers and well be fine this year. Personally I could care less what the score was. The Rebels got a good work out with a good team. Thats why they scrimmage, to get some reps in before things start to count. When things start to count on paper, well then we can really get into it. We have some work to do but we will be fine. I spoke with one of UC coaches on the sidelines during it and he said that several people said the Rebels were down this year. After he said that, he had a big smile on his face and made the comment that evidently they haven't got all the facts because we were as good as he has seen the past few years. So let all the Rebel haters dismiss us this year and see what happens when we stick a foot in their rearends.

We scrimmage Lexington at the practice field around 5-5.30 Friday. Come on out and take a peek. We should be at full force and once again get a quality workout with another good team.

I am really looking forward to seeing McKenzie and Camden mix it up week 0. Last year it was a great game. You'll know for sure what you have after that game. Everyone says Camden is looking really good this year.

Camden game was a great game last year, we just came up a lil short. Can't wait till we get em this year. Good to hear they are looking good it will tell us early where we stand. Last year the boys bounced back for a great season. Well Im going to be at the practice field tonite...my first time to see the boys in action this year. Hope we hose the Lexington bunch. Cya tonite fellas.

Camden game was a great game last year, we just came up a lil short. Can't wait till we get em this year. Good to hear they are looking good it will tell us early where we stand. Last year the boys bounced back for a great season. Well Im going to be at the practice field tonite...my first time to see the boys in action this year. Hope we hose the Lexington bunch. Cya tonite fellas.

Amen On The Lexington Hosing! And The Regular Season Camden Will Be At Home This Time.