McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

Great post RebelDad. I listened to those clowns in Huntingdon last night on the radio and for a change didn't say anything negative about us. Of course they didn't say anything positive either. But it sounded like we were moving the ball really well. I can't wait for next Friday.

My thoughts about last night, we looked great on D and O was descent. I'm not taking to much on the Jamboree because it's just that. We ran maybe the same 3 or 4 run plays all night and only a couple of pass plays. Also consider this was like the 3rd time we have scrimmaged UC this year, 2nd in 2 wks. I know the boys were excited about getting in front of fans and playing so a little nerves played into it. The flags we were getting came from some inexperienced lineman. In fact this was really their first time on the field in front a big crowd. They will be fine and I'm sure Coach Thomas will put some extra effort on that this week. Believe it or not, all preseason my concerns about flags were from the wideouts so big kudos to you guys for maintaing your composure. Those extra up downs paid off so maybe the big boys might want to pay attention. Our recievers are probally some of the best we have had the past few years. Rob T, Kirby and Richie will be fine this year. Two of those are realatively new starters so some jitters will be there. I've seen them all summer so I know what they can do. RB's looked good running north and south. Good to see Matt back there again. That gives a little more depth with different options. One thing to ponder on is no one has seen Richie back there yet so be ready. We have Jace and Colin running with power but wait until you see the speed of Richie in the backfield. Just another threat for Def to watch for. I hope we don't have to use him much back there but if we do watch out. I have no doubt that this years Rebels have the talent and want to so we will be fine. Our schedule is brutal and the first few games will test our squad. Preperations have begun and the first of many exciting Fridays Nights are ahead so lets get ready to give'm he11 Rebels.

On a side note, they began preparing for Camden several weeks ago. After watchin them last night, looks like a stearn test will be in store but we can overcome and conquer. I just hope they aren't overlooking us because they will get a rude awakening when they leave Rebel field next week. Like duck said play to your potential and you will be rewarded in the end.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a Huntingdon fan and ill be the first one to admit this. I watched Mckenzie last night and i honestly believe this is the year they win it all. i dont see many times being able to keep up with them. they're big, fast, and physical. Good luck on your season, maybe my mustangs can atleast give you a fight, but you're good, real good

Well Rebels, I Have Yet To See A Practice Or Scrimmage, But I Will Be At The Flagpole Next Week For Sure.

I Missed Jamboree Game, And I Apologize, But I Was In Dallas For The Cowboys And Raiders Game On Thursday Night. And While You Eating Your Heart Out....Me And Bug Was On The 45 Yard Line.....Front Row Seats....Club Seats As Well....Right Behind The Cowboy Bench! No Bull..Got Some Great Pics Of The Cheerleaders And Everything.

But Hey, Let's Kick Some Lions Come Friday!

GREAT GAME REBELS!! First game is behind us and with all the new faces in new places you leave it with a nice W. The D looked really good nice work fellas. The yellow rags have been a pain for a while now hopefully that will slow down as the season starts next friday. The running game was awesome, nice work O line I think my ole slow self could have run through some of them big holes. The passing game has enuff comments above so I'm leaving that one be, hopefully the jitters are over now. It was nice to be in RED friday night and we should all be proud of a good, clean and no injury game. We have played UC alot and we still got the WIN (not 3-3 this time). We are off to a good start can't wait to see how the Camden game goes. GO REBELS!!! MRP!!

Well, can't help but talk a little about my Rebels before turning in. For a fact we will be fielding a mostly inexperienced team on Friday nights this time and hopefully they got enough exposure to it at the Jamboree to have them ready to face the Lions next Friday night.

My view of the Camden game.....if we catch the ball and minimize penalties we win the opener. The only thing different now is that it's for real. Friday Night Lights times a bunch. That should be no problem for you Rebels. Ya'll have been there and done that for a while now. You know what it takes so now, get it done and us fans will be with you all the way to the end. Let's make that in Cookville!!!!

MRP!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!

Let's Start The Season Right And Kick The Crap Outta Some Lions! You Hosers From Benton County Are Going Down! :twisted:

Oh And If Ya Looking For Butchie! I'm At The Flagpole. We Can All Get Together And Talk About How It All Went Downhill For The Lions. And Counsellors Are Availible On Request. We Don't Want Anyone Upset And Running Off The Road On The Way Back To Camden! :roflol:

Edited by Butchie