McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel Fans

It is that time again I look forward to seeing all of you in the stands tonight. Our boys of fall have worked very hard the past six months to live up to our expectations this season. I think the Rebels will be successful again this year and go deep into the playoffs. Look for a very fast paced offense as well as a stingy defense.

THIS IS OUR MOMENT..........

Been sweatin our whole lifelong just to get this right.

It's a work hard a hit hard struggle. Its a sacrifice.

It's time to blow it up.

Time to lock and load.

Time to take the field.

Time to start the show.

This is our moment. This is our time.

And we ain't holding back were laying it all on the line.

This is our destiny. It's our night to shine.

This is our moment. This is our time.

TAKE IT TO THEM REBELS!!!!

MRP!!!

Edited by volsandtitans1

In the end tonight it was Rebels 7 and UC 0. OK Rebel receivers throw away those brick hands and it would have been 21-0!!!! Well done Rebels tonight. Best turn it up though. Next Friday night against Camden is for real. Defense did a great job. O line, ya'll will get there. Come on receivers, the Rebel nation needs you to come thru for us. You can do it......get it done!!!!! Don't hear footsteps....forget YAC. Catch the ball then worry about all that. When Max hits you, make it happen (and he will hit you!)

Get rid of the penalties Rebels....it's been a sore thumb for way too long. You guys in the trenches are the ones that need to work the hardest at this.

Go out and make us proud Rebels. We'll be right there with you from week one to week 15. Take us to week 15 and you won't regret it as long as you live. You are that good......play up to it and we'll go there.

No doubt Duck. Its here. I can't wait!!! It's time!!

In the end tonight it was Rebels 7 and UC 0. OK Rebel receivers throw away those brick hands and it would have been 21-0!!!! Well done Rebels tonight. Best turn it up though. Next Friday night against Camden is for real. Defense did a great job. O line, ya'll will get there. Come on receivers, the Rebel nation needs you to come thru for us. You can do it......get it done!!!!! Don't hear footsteps....forget YAC. Catch the ball then worry about all that. When Max hits you, make it happen (and he will hit you!)

Get rid of the penalties Rebels....it's been a sore thumb for way too long. You guys in the trenches are the ones that need to work the hardest at this.

Go out and make us proud Rebels. We'll be right there with you from week one to week 15. Take us to week 15 and you won't regret it as long as you live. You are that good......play up to it and we'll go there.

McKenzie 7 UC 0

Overall good effort by the Rebel squad, here are my thoughts and opinions

Union City is very well coached with obviously allot of talent take nothing away from their effort. Rebel’s O line looked good and dominated the line of scrimmage. Rebel’s RBs looked very good Collin and Jase ran with power and speed. Bobby T looked very good running and catching the ball. Max made good decisions and was well protected (lets remember this is his first start at QB). Our receivers dropped some passes that should have been caught this might be due to butterflies; I'm willing to give them a pass for now. Rebel Defense was absolutely hardcore did not allow UC a first down until second period. Rebel Defense bent but did not break in the second period and forced a fumble with the tornadoes driving to end the game. Rebels need to cut the penalties down most of this starts up front. I thought we might exploit Unions City's secondary but the Rebels just did not execute the air attack.

Next week Camden, from what saw last night the Rebels will have a real test. Rebels have not lost a game in McKenzie since 2006. I the hope Rebels to keep this streak intact.

Edited by chipintn

My thoughts about last night, we looked great on D and O was descent. I'm not taking to much on the Jamboree because it's just that. We ran maybe the same 3 or 4 run plays all night and only a couple of pass plays. Also consider this was like the 3rd time we have scrimmaged UC this year, 2nd in 2 wks. I know the boys were excited about getting in front of fans and playing so a little nerves played into it. The flags we were getting came from some inexperienced lineman. In fact this was really their first time on the field in front a big crowd. They will be fine and I'm sure Coach Thomas will put some extra effort on that this week. Believe it or not, all preseason my concerns about flags were from the wideouts so big kudos to you guys for maintaing your composure. Those extra up downs paid off so maybe the big boys might want to pay attention. Our recievers are probally some of the best we have had the past few years. Rob T, Kirby and Richie will be fine this year. Two of those are realatively new starters so some jitters will be there. I've seen them all summer so I know what they can do. RB's looked good running north and south. Good to see Matt back there again. That gives a little more depth with different options. One thing to ponder on is no one has seen Richie back there yet so be ready. We have Jace and Colin running with power but wait until you see the speed of Richie in the backfield. Just another threat for Def to watch for. I hope we don't have to use him much back there but if we do watch out. I have no doubt that this years Rebels have the talent and want to so we will be fine. Our schedule is brutal and the first few games will test our squad. Preperations have begun and the first of many exciting Fridays Nights are ahead so lets get ready to give'm he11 Rebels.

On a side note, they began preparing for Camden several weeks ago. After watchin them last night, looks like a stearn test will be in store but we can overcome and conquer. I just hope they aren't overlooking us because they will get a rude awakening when they leave Rebel field next week. Like duck said play to your potential and you will be rewarded in the end.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!