Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Who's coming back and coming up from the freshman team that may have an impact in the fall of 2010! GO WARRIORS! :lol:

Look for Woodruff and Boykin to play quite a bit next year.I can't wait to see how these two guys play in the spring scrimmages.As for the rest, I believe we might see some new lineman into the mix quite early this fall.

Hey guys! Who's coming back and coming up from the freshman team that may have an impact in the fall of 2010! GO WARRIORS! :lol:

Look for Woodruff and Boykin to play quite a bit next year.I can't wait to see how these two guys play in the spring scrimmages.As for the rest, I believe we might see some new lineman into the mix quite early this fall.

Did Woodruff and Boykin play this past season? Don't think I have heard those names before. Tell us a little about these two.

I've heard that Woodruff may be in competition for the QB position. As for linemen, I believe we'll be seeing Bryson McCluskey (#61) returning at a guard position, Zack Taylor (#63) returning at a tackle position or possibly center, Ryan Miller (#64) at a tackle position and Scotty McCullough (#75) at either a tackle position or possibly center. I think Taylor and McCullough will both be working at the center position with one winning out and the other will go to the other tackle position opposite Miller. Who will play the other guard position, I don't know, but with those four averaging about 6'3" and 290lbs, there will definately be some hosses up front!

Woodruff was freshman qb this year.He will compete for starting job this fall.Overall great athlete with great speed, and scored a td in the playoffs this year running the ball.All he needs to do is get bigger and stay healthy.I am not worried if he can pick up the offense or not.He's been playing qb in the wing-t system now for two years.As for Boykin, good speed as well, played linebacker freshman level.Not really sure varsity position yet, but he will play somewhere I am positive on that.Let me also say these kid's are fine young men, and will make the warrior nation proud.

Riverdale has a great group of returning players to build around for next year. They will need to find some more linemen but it seems that there are some great young guys that should be able to step up.

The QB position will be interesting to watch.

We'll need some linebackers and we have to get much better/quicker and more athletic at DE. Have to find a way to get the DBs up to championship level.

The kicking game is a big concern.

Every team has big holes to fill this time of year. That's what makes HS football so great. To see the young guys get coached up atnd become the next star.

Spring will be very interesting.