Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No longer a rumor.....no article. Just a blog from Kreager in yesterday's on-line edition...

Home Public Messages Comments Photos Blog

Tom Kreager's blog

Covering high school sports in Rutherford County.

Hankins leaving Riverdale for UT-Martin

Hankins leaving Riverdale for UT-Martin

Posted 4/12/2010 10:37 PM CDT on dnj.com

Riverdale football coach Ron Aydelott will begin search for a new offensive line and strength coach after assistant Jordan Hankins resigned to accept a position at UT-Martin.

Hankins informed Aydelott of his decision over the weekend. Hankins, a Lewis County graduate, went to college at UT-Martin.

Hankins has been a key member to Aydelott's staff as the line and strength coach, leaving a huge void. Riverdale's offensive line was best offensive front in District 7-AAA in 2009.

Hankins also assisted other sports' strength training programs in past season.

Comments (0) | Permanent Link

Tags: dnjpreps

I hope this is the time that Coach A will show some sense and ask Coach Britton to come back!

I hope Coach A shows some sense and hires someone that he is comfortable with. Lost when will you ever give Coach A any credit? Maybe you should be the coach since you know what's best for the program. Heck maybe you should be the administrator too since he thought enough of Coach A to hire him.

I hope this is the time that Coach A will show some sense and ask Coach Britton to come back!

I hope Coach A shows some sense and hires someone that he is comfortable with. Lost when will you ever give Coach A any credit? Maybe you should be the coach since you know what's best for the program. Heck maybe you should be the administrator too since he thought enough of Coach A to hire him.

When he wins the Gold Ball HERE! We used to be on a three to four year rotation winning it. Since Coach A took over we cannot even get to the dance.

When he wins the Gold Ball HERE! We used to be on a three to four year rotation winning it. Since Coach A took over we cannot even get to the dance.

Before Rankin how many did you win and what was the rotation like then? When Riverdale won all of the gold balls how many teams did Murfreesboro have competing? Just curious if it is really Coach A or just if things have changed a little bit in Murfreesboro. Also just wondering what Riverdale has done since opening and before the 90's. Oak Ridge, Germantown, and Portland have all had their fair share of success in a certain time period. However all have had a recent drought when it comes to gold balls. I wonder if it is coaching or something else? Why dont you just be happy you have a coach that helped to guide the team to the semi finals. That in itself is a huge accomplishment.

Because that is 'settleing' for second best, and for some of us it is NOT good enough.

As to how many we were winning with ALL the schools here now, we were not only doing it, there were a few that had NEVER beaten us. Unfortunately now we can only say that about LaVergne.

As for Coach Britton if you would ask folks who know about him you will find he is thought of as one of the BEST in the state when it comes to coaching linemen. He also REALLY cares about the kids he coaches also.

As to the 'rotation', while we did not win it every year, there was a nice streak where we were at the big game and got a ball. It may have not been gold every year, but we got one.

Since we got the 'METRO' attitude it seems we should just be happy that we win 'SOME', instead of the expectation EVERY season that we were going to win them ALL!

Because that is 'settleing' for second best, and for some of us it is NOT good enough.

As to how many we were winning with ALL the schools here now, we were not only doing it, there were a few that had NEVER beaten us. Unfortunately now we can only say that about LaVergne.

As for Coach Britton if you would ask folks who know about him you will find he is thought of as one of the BEST in the state when it comes to coaching linemen. He also REALLY cares about the kids he coaches also.

As to the 'rotation', while we did not win it every year, there was a nice streak where we were at the big game and got a ball. It may have not been gold every year, but we got one.

Since we got the 'METRO' attitude it seems we should just be happy that we win 'SOME', instead of the expectation EVERY season that we were going to win them ALL!

It has absolutely nothing to do with Metro old dad. Every coach in the state wants to win the gold ball. Every player and every fan of a team wants to win the gold ball. Metro is no different. McGavock gave Blackman all they wanted last year. Your grass isnt any greener than ours. I think most would say that getting to the semifinals is pretty darn successful and most would give the coach at least some credit. You however seem to always think that since Coach A is not from Rutherford Co and from Metro he must not be any good. You are wrong.

Maybe if you would breed better football players Riverdale would win a gold ball again. Thats about as absurd as your opinions. Give the man some credit and give the team some credit. They had a great year last year.

Yes, they did have a 'good' year last year, but the year before was pathetic!

Unfortunately I see them doing 6-4 or 5-5 again this year. Hopefully I will be wrong, but I am not going to bet on it. As to breeding......it can be over come with GOOD coaching that makes kids want to come out.

I think it is great you are so loyal to Coach A, but unfortunately your loyalty does NOT win games either. dry.gif