Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the Riverdale admin is putting more emphasis on girls basketball now than football

When Rankin ruled on warrior drive, nobody even cared about the other sports....except track because all the football players were running track

I respectfully disagree with this but its ok..football is everyones favorite sport around here in the south so it is percieved to have more emphasis...I also think he made a good hire with the boys basketball coach. I will bite my tounge as many know where i stand but i will say we go to state in a lot of sports at RIVERDALE and compete in every sport(except boys basketball)

Yes, they did have a 'good' year last year, but the year before was pathetic!

Unfortunately I see them doing 6-4 or 5-5 again this year. Hopefully I will be wrong, but I am not going to bet on it. As to breeding......it can be over come with GOOD coaching that makes kids want to come out.

I think it is great you are so loyal to Coach A, but unfortunately your loyalty does NOT win games either. dry.gif

Actually Im not a loyal Coach A person. I think he is a good coach and deserves respect and credit. I am a supporter of Metro and feel as if the coaches here work their tails off just like everyone else. So if Red Boiling Springs had better coaching they would win right. Anyway I like reading your posts and all I just wish sometimes you would give the man credit. To me you have become just like most other uneducated parents.....when things go right its because of the players, when things go wrong its because of the coaches. You win and lose as a team. Give the man his credit.

Fieldwalker you are being a little harsh with LOD. He has the right to his opinons just like you. I agree with him about Aydelott. One of Aydelott's problems is he does not embrace the community in which he coaches. Not only does he not live in Rutherford County, other than football he doesn't even attend any RHS events. Now of course I am hearing this from RHS supporters, so maybe I'm wrong. But if this is true, he is a typical Metro coach.

I dont know Coach A personally. I am not a fan of Coach A or anything like that. However he has my respect and I think he has earned the respect of most coaches and fans. He has been very successful at Hillsboro and now at Riverdale. Does he embrace the community? I dont know. Does the community embrace him? I dont know that either but I know old dad doesnt. Maybe Coach A isnt at Riverdale events because his son is at Ravenwood. Maybe he isnt at school events because he's spending time with his family. To my knowledge a coach does not have to live in the community where he or she coaches or even teaches. Coaches should help out the kids as much as possible, support them in their education and other extra curricular events, and try to make them better people. If a football coach can do this without going to a soccer game or band rehearsal or play then I really dont think its a big deal in certain circumstances such as having children that attend another school. And its not typical metro either. It goes on everywhere.

On a separate more important note....you gotta love fans like warhawks. I dont know him but thats a true fan. He shoots it straight good and bad. He always is positive when it comes to his team. He celebrates the good and he shows concerns when times get tough and offers encouragement. Warhawks athletics need more fans like you. I commend you for your attitude and class!

fieldwalker I have to ask one thing. How in the world can you call what Coach A has done at Riverdale a success? He has taken a school and team that used to win constantly and was actually feared in this state to being a losing team that NOBODY even respects now, much less fears. That maybe a success in Metro's eyes, but not in Rutherford County. The reality is Coach A IS IN MURFREESBORO and the bar is set to a much higher standard here.

I have nothing against the man personally and I think what he does with scouts from colleges is great, but his HEART is NOT with Riverdale. Folks know I was NOT a fan of Rankin as a man, but I got to give him credit as he did have a winning attitude and passed it on to the kids he coached. He also planned for not only the current year but for teams 4 years in the future.

What I am seeing from Coach A is management by crisis. That does not bode well for a WINNING program.

If he is so fond of Ravenwood maybe he should have tried to coach there or another school in Williamson County.

I do AGREE with you about one point and that is Warhawks is a very good man and fan. He has been since before our sons played together all four years under Coach Rankin.

Lost I do enjoy reading your posts and most are valid. I think that you and maybe even the rest of Rutherford County have very high standards. Thats not a bad thing at all and Im not knocking you for it. I am just disagreeing with the fact that Adeylott is a good coach and last year making it to the semifinals was a big accomplishment for the team as a whole. Rankin and Adeylott are two different coaches with different styles. Both are successful. Before Rankin's time what did Riverdale do? Not much. Rankin set the standard very high. Since then Smyrna and Oakland have won championships in Rutherford County. Blackman had a very good year last year. Really the only schools that have not faired well are Siegel and La Vergne. I dont know the reasons for Riverdale's lack of championships recently. Maybe Adeylott could do things better, but in the same thought he did manage to get his team to the semifinals last year. Is that not a success? I dont know where his heart is? But I am sure that just like any good coach he does his best with what he knows and has to work with. Coach A was one of about ten coaches state wide that was honored as the Titans coach of the week. Is that not a success? Just give the man a little credit, he deserves it as does the team. Im glad we can at least agree on warhawks. Teams need a fan or two like him.

Hey Lost I have one question for you. Why do think your precious Rankin leave. I am going to tell you because I do not think you could find the answer. He left for the simple reason that he was not going to be able to win like Riverdale had been winning. He is the type of coach that if he can't win he will go where he can.The reason Coach A is having the seasons he is having is the same reason Rankin left. It is very well known among coaches this is the reason.

Hey Lost I have one question for you. Why do think your precious Rankin leave. I am going to tell you because I do not think you could find the answer. He left for the simple reason that he was not going to be able to win like Riverdale had been winning. He is the type of coach that if he can't win he will go where he can.The reason Coach A is having the seasons he is having is the same reason Rankin left. It is very well known among coaches this is the reason.

our talent level the past few years has been there...the 07 team had the best OL than we have EVER had at RIVERDALE. overall there has been more D1 players come through than we have had in a long time...So i disagree that our talent is down...

our talent level the past few years has been there...the 07 team had the best OL than we have EVER had at RIVERDALE. overall there has been more D1 players come through than we have had in a long time...So i disagree that our talent is down...

I guess we will never know because Rankin is gone and will not return. I do know this,he will only coach where he knows he is going to win it all. I still say this is why he left. I also know that the line has been good but the skill level has been down. I am not not knocking the players, I just do not think the talent level is quite as good as it once was. When teams win you will usually see a talent level that explains it.