Gibson Co. Christmas Tournament

cmeister

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can beat Raliegh Egypt and are capable of beating Craigmont (now that McAfee is no longer there) and Germantown. They will not be able to beat Southwind, Ridgeway, White Station, or Melrose. Southwind is a team that will garner some national attention next season (maybe this season).The sleeper out of Memphis is Central. Jarnell Stokes is a BEAST and future McDonalds All American. Hudson and Yarbrough played with Stokes this past spring/summer. Janes as well but a he played 17U( I think). Not sure but I would bet Stokes played quite a few games with the older kids.

DC is probably on there way to another 30 win season. They will be scary in 2010/2011 and 2011/2012. They really need to start scheduling better though. I can understand this season with so many underclassman. But next season they really need to beef up the schedule. DC should try to hit the Arby's classic, Marshall County Hoopfest, and the Poplar Bluff showcase as well as a couple of the Memphis heavyweights starting next season and the season after.

Just thought i would give u a shout mr. yankees8589! Anyone that reads your post knows that you know the game of basketball! Man i knew HBT was not going to beat DC but i did think DC would beat Bolivar! But Bolivar only has 1 loss and their tradition is there that makes a difference! DC has been good the last few years but Bolivar has been there many many years! I hope DC can do well come T-time but when they hit the hot bed of BB in Memphis. Everbody knows even me the teams out of Memphis are so tough and their schedules are just plain killers! Bolivar will be a tough as they are ever year! Thats the only thing about moving up a class it just get tougher! Just thought i would give u a yell! Us Peabody fans can just hope and to let u know we are still kepting the Armed Forces in our prayers! Anyway good luck to Bolivar and DC the rest of the year! :lol:

How is it going? The talent and teams in AAA is unbelievable this season. I believe there is more talent in Memphis right now than there has ever been.

Appreciate the prayers for the armed forces. I will make it a point to pass that along to my sons.

What happened to Whitehorn?

this is "the white kid" haha but whitehorn let other things get in the way which i will not explain but really hurt our team. but i really think that everyone is underestimating our bball team. We have great guards that everyone has seen and heard all about and they are amazing bball players. I believe that Jay Murphy is D1. HE sees the court like no one else and he can break a press with no sweat. Murphy also shoots the ball very well.

Bolivar bball team does have some size.......Kessler : 6'5

Coleman : 6'5 and also we have Fuller who had 0 rebounds against DC.

Will some of you guys think about the game of basketball rather than just posting the first thing that comes to mind. Some poster's talk about this Bolivar vs DC game as though Bolivar would beat DC every time they were to meet or something, that night Bolivar was the best team and all good teams lose games. A basketball game can go any way from night to night depending on who gets up for that particular game. I saw the Cavs play the Lakers tonight and it was a 15 point victory for Cleveland, but I still believe that L.A. is by far a better team. I do think that if DC presses Bolivar they will lose like they did the other night (too many transition baskets). Once you break a press you get layups ,then a confidence boost, now the 3's start to fall, and before you know it you go home having turned the table on a good team that most thought you couldn't beat. :angry:

Will some of you guys think about the game of basketball rather than just posting the first thing that comes to mind. Some poster's talk about this Bolivar vs DC game as though Bolivar would beat DC every time they were to meet or something, that night Bolivar was the best team and all good teams lose games. A basketball game can go any way from night to night depending on who gets up for that particular game. I saw the Cavs play the Lakers tonight and it was a 15 point victory for Cleveland, but I still believe that L.A. is by far a better team. I do think that if DC presses Bolivar they will lose like they did the other night (too many transition baskets). Once you break a press you get layups ,then a confidence boost, now the 3's start to fall, and before you know it you go home having turned the table on a good team that most thought you couldn't beat. :lol:

As I recall you were one of the first to get on this board and say that DC would beat Bolivar by 15-20 points and this would be done by DC pressing and Bolivar being tired in the second half. I found that to be funny when I read it and even more funny now. True Bolivar may not beat DC every time they play but they did beat them in a game that was actually played and had better numbers in almost every statistical catigory. :lol:

I would'nt throw dirt on Bolivars grave yet. Bolivar will not get tired and no one has been able to press Tisdale and Murphy and get away with it since they were frosh. Not saying that DC can't beat Bolivar I'm just saying that fatigue and the press will not get it done. I THINK IT WILL BE A CLASSIC, to bad I have to miss it. :lol:

Back from the north with ice and snow as far as the eye can see, look whats that under the XMAS tree. Well it's a win for Bolivar lead by Murphy. :lol: