Gibson Co. Christmas Tournament

cmeister

He's not SEC material yet, however if he beefs up with muscle he'll be a beast over the next few years at DC. His body is long and you can tell he knows how to play the game. The jam he had tonight was impressive considering he's a Freshman. He's quick and can handle the ball well. He'll be a great player by his Senior season.

My thoughts exactly! Hit that weight room; he'll be an amazing player by his senior year!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would'nt throw dirt on Bolivars grave yet. Bolivar will not get tired and no one has been able to press Tisdale and Murphy and get away with it since they were frosh. Not saying that DC can't beat Bolivar I'm just saying that fatigue and the press will not get it done. I THINK IT WILL BE A CLASSIC, to bad I have to miss it. :thumb:

No one in there right minds would throw the dirt on Bolivar's grave yet. DC vs. Bolivar was the game everyone was waiting on! Should be a great game!

Hudson can shoot the lights out when he is on. But he needs to bring more consistency to each game which will open the middle up. Stokes and Hudson played on the Memphis Select most of the travel season 15U and 16U. Stokes is a great player and a good kid and his father is good man. Just hope that all these Circuit Travel Promoter that are around him don't screw his opprotunities up. I believe he will have a great amount of pressure/Hype this year that may cause him problems. Ranked #3 on Rivals will bring all the scum of AAU out of the woodwork looking for future payoff telling him things that can lead to the fall of a great player.

zebra, Dyer Co. defeated Humboldt tonight by the score of 114-84. The game wasn't close at all. I'm guessing around 5 DC players were in double digits. They had 3 monster slams. John Hudson busted about 5-6 threes tonight that were contested 3's. Hubbs, the Fresman, through one down tonight as well as Kody Gross. DC is a very good team and is capable of beating a Raleigh Egypt or a Craigmont, just not sure about a White Station, Southwind, or Ridgeway.

WOW. GC they going to start calling you DCPioneer with statements like that. :thumb:

Hudson had 20 points. Big Ced was a beast in the post 3 blocks (not 100% sure), 15 points, & 12 rebounds.

Justin Williamson had a slam too!

GCPioneer: what is your take on Hubbs?

I've seen Hubbs enough over the years to know he's going to be a special player..Saw him at Northview in middle school just about every game and this year against Union City and Northside..He didn't do as much against Humboldt as he did those games but didnt have to..Everyone else did..If people saw the Northside game..saw the potential he has..I've seen Dyer Co several times the past couple years when Lake Co isnt playing and when Dyer Co plays the Union City's ,Northside and Humboldt's..I've seen Dyer Co at least 15 times the past 3 years and last night was the best shooting night that I've personally seen from Hudson..Seems like every time I'd seen him..he would be off a little..I could tell he can shoot but was always hit the front of the rim..a little too hard or try to maybe hit a tough shot when someone was on him..Last night wa sthe best I've seen from him..Hubbs had the dunk but also had another impressive shot when he was going to the basket,a Humboldt player got in front of him ready to take a charge and Hubbs changed directions while in the air and made a short jumper..A tough play for a young player.!How many times have you seen a high school team score 80 something points and even lose...much less get beat by 30 points.?

I've seen Hubbs enough over the years to know he's going to be a special player..Saw him at Northview in middle school just about every game and this year against Union City and Northside..He didn't do as much against Humboldt as he did those games but didnt have to..Everyone else did..If people saw the Northside game..saw the potential he has..I've seen Dyer Co several times the past couple years when Lake Co isnt playing and when Dyer Co plays the Union City's ,Northside and Humboldt's..I've seen Dyer Co at least 15 times the past 3 years and last night was the best shooting night that I've personally seen from Hudson..Seems like every time I'd seen him..he would be off a little..I could tell he can shoot but was always hit the front of the rim..a little too hard or try to maybe hit a tough shot when someone was on him..Last night wa sthe best I've seen from him..Hubbs had the dunk but also had another impressive shot when he was going to the basket,a Humboldt player got in front of him ready to take a charge and Hubbs changed directions while in the air and made a short jumper..A tough play for a young player.!How many times have you seen a high school team score 80 something points and even lose...much less get beat by 30 points.?

Not too often do you see that. I think the best I've ever saw Hubbs play was against North Side, and the best I've saw Hudson play was last year in Gibson Co.'s gym. Elvis, Hudson has consistency. He will consistently knock down a 3, not to mention Hubbs is a pure shooter as well! Dyer Co. will be dangerous by the 2011-2012 season!

zebra, Dyer Co. defeated Humboldt tonight by the score of 114-84. The game wasn't close at all. I'm guessing around 5 DC players were in double digits. They had 3 monster slams. John Hudson busted about 5-6 threes tonight that were contested 3's. Hubbs, the Fresman, through one down tonight as well as Kody Gross. DC is a very good team and is capable of beating a Raleigh Egypt or a Craigmont, just not sure about a White Station, Southwind, or Ridgeway.

Great job to DC they have a good team and will have a good season. Really thought they might beat Bolivar! But Bolivar played well tonight from start to finish! Ever time DC got in striking distance Bolivar had a answer! Both teams will go on to have great season! This will help HBT in the long run a learning tool for them! I just wish Peabody could get it in gear! But Peabody lives or dies by the 3 ball! Don't look like it will change soon,shooting only around 25% from 3 point land just won't get it done! :thumb:

Bolivar 83, Dyer Co. 74

Unofficial stats from the radio broadcast.

Leading scorers: DC - Janes 22, BHS - Tisdale 22

2-pointers: DC 24-35 (69%), BHS 26-35 (74%)

3-pointers: DC 4-11 (36%), BHS 6-11 (55%)

Free throws: DC 14-23 (61%), BHS 13-19 (68%)

Rebounds: DC 25, BHS 21

Turnovers: DC 20, BHS 10

They can beat Raliegh Egypt and are capable of beating Craigmont (now that McAfee is no longer there) and Germantown. They will not be able to beat Southwind, Ridgeway, White Station, or Melrose. Southwind is a team that will garner some national attention next season (maybe this season).The sleeper out of Memphis is Central. Jarnell Stokes is a BEAST and future McDonalds All American. Hudson and Yarbrough played with Stokes this past spring/summer. Janes as well but a he played 17U( I think). Not sure but I would bet Stokes played quite a few games with the older kids.

DC is probably on there way to another 30 win season. They will be scary in 2010/2011 and 2011/2012. They really need to start scheduling better though. I can understand this season with so many underclassman. But next season they really need to beef up the schedule. DC should try to hit the Arby's classic, Marshall County Hoopfest, and the Poplar Bluff showcase as well as a couple of the Memphis heavyweights starting next season and the season after.

Just thought i would give u a shout mr. yankees8589! Anyone that reads your post knows that you know the game of basketball! Man i knew HBT was not going to beat DC but i did think DC would beat Bolivar! But Bolivar only has 1 loss and their tradition is there that makes a difference! DC has been good the last few years but Bolivar has been there many many years! I hope DC can do well come T-time but when they hit the hot bed of BB in Memphis. Everbody knows even me the teams out of Memphis are so tough and their schedules are just plain killers! Bolivar will be a tough as they are ever year! Thats the only thing about moving up a class it just get tougher! Just thought i would give u a yell! Us Peabody fans can just hope and to let u know we are still kepting the Armed Forces in our prayers! Anyway good luck to Bolivar and DC the rest of the year! :thumb:

Bolivar's guard is strong and did not get rattled from the press. McCord has to realize that you can't press some teams. Like I said before , seasoned guards gives DC problems, and this game was no exception. 3A basketball is loaded with strong heads up guard play especially in the Memphis area. Now DC's flat shooting didn't help but, oft times when a team shoots light's out one night they will come flat the next. I personally feel that a early lost for a young team is always a good thing before tournament time.