District 4 AAA

easttnbball11

Just be glad LC got new lighting in the gym.... Could have been only 1 scoreboard and about as bright as the nightlight in your bathroom!!!! Granted, this is the "Boys Basketball" forum, but should be some good games tonight from the girls; Maryville/Farragut and William Blount/Heritage. Who knows, might even borrow a portable scoreboard from one of the "UPWard Leagues"...... ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect irish bball, thats not exactly how the last seven seconds went down. Catholic threw the ball in under the Lenoir City basket. The player dribbled toward the Lenoir City bench. Lenoir City had fouls to give, and fouled him. Time out was called at this point. Catholic took the ball out again, and after throwing it in, dribbled diagonally across the point. After crossing half court, the player called time out. The time clock showed .5 seconds. After conferring, the officials put 1.2 seconds on the clock. Not unusual in this situation. You should not make it sound as if the clock operator just let the clock run. Also, both teams had to deal with the working scoreboard at their backs for a half.

Don't think it took 3 seconds to make 2 or 3 dribbles at the most. LC did a good job fouling since they amazingly had several to give. Also don't think it took 2-3 seconds to dribble diagonally across half court. You didn't address the 10-15 second lapse at the end of the half. Seemed like the clock operator was either quick or slow fingered depending on what benefitted the home team at the time. Granted both team only had the working scoreboard for a half but surely you would agree that it would have been more important to have had it at the end when it counted? Should the home team not have been on that end of the court at the end? Didn't affect the fact that LC executed and Catholic didn't. Good win for LC. It was an excellent hs basketball game.

I didn't address the first half because that simply didn't happen. Catholic had the ball, I would have noticed if there was a "10 to 15" second delay. I was was anxious for the clock to run out. Yes, it probably did take that long for the dribbles and foul at the end of the game. The referees showed they were not afraid to put time back on the clock, so I am sure they would have if they felt the time was incorrect. "Amazingly", there were calls that were probably incorrect both ways. Like LC trying to waste another foul between 4 and 1.2 seconds, and play continuing without a call. Like Catholic's guard traveling as he tried to call the time out with 1.2 seconds. It would be nice to know if Catholic's coaching staff had an issue with which direction they went in the second half. I will agree with this, it was a great game. Catholic played a great firat half. Good luck in the region.

I didn't address the first half because that simply didn't happen. Catholic had the ball, I would have noticed if there was a "10 to 15" second delay. I was was anxious for the clock to run out. Yes, it probably did take that long for the dribbles and foul at the end of the game. The referees showed they were not afraid to put time back on the clock, so I am sure they would have if they felt the time was incorrect. "Amazingly", there were calls that were probably incorrect both ways. Like LC trying to waste another foul between 4 and 1.2 seconds, and play continuing without a call. Like Catholic's guard traveling as he tried to call the time out with 1.2 seconds. It would be nice to know if Catholic's coaching staff had an issue with which direction they went in the second half. I will agree with this, it was a great game. Catholic played a great firat half. Good luck in the region.

The first half issue did happen. I was sitting between the scorers table and the Catholic bench about 4 rows up yelling about as it happened. As an experienced basketball coach and player, I notice those things pretty quickly. Catholic coaching staff may have not even thought about the score board issue. After the fact, they may have thought it more important. Good luck to you as we both hope to continue our seasons as long as possible. Were your games close with Bearden?

Got a question for the fans over in the other District. After tonight we will know the match-ups for 1st round of the region on Saturday. Do you guys feel that any of the 4 teams remaining can compete with the four left out of your District. The teams remaining are Central, Clinton, Oak Ridge, and Anderson County. Central and Clinton will have home first round games against either Catholic or West.

Got a question for the fans over in the other District. After tonight we will know the match-ups for 1st round of the region on Saturday. Do you guys feel that any of the 4 teams remaining can compete with the four left out of your District. The teams remaining are Central, Clinton, Oak Ridge, and Anderson County. Central and Clinton will have home first round games against either Catholic or West.

I guess we will find out come Saturday.