Lake Co at Humboldt Tuesday night

mrbigster

First meeting humboldt wins by 4 but Dunbar doesn't play. This time its in Humboldt and Dunbar is playing. If LC comes to play, which they usually do against HBT, then they have a shot of coming out with a win. I wish I could be there to see if this Cody Taylor plays, I really wanna see what he brings to the table. I don't think Dunbar will make a great difference if Taylor plays but i think he does make his presence felt. Humboldt by 6.

Just my opinion..If he plays ..Cambell won't drive much down the lane and shoot a layup like in previous games..The left hander and Quan will have to play like Union City does..shoot outside..but make them..And by all no means that I think Cody is the savior..Lake Co has some weapons..Raphael Tyler,Leron Garret,Patrick Robertson are are excellent ball players..If they use their heads..play team ball and hopefully Patrick goes down low..I believe it will be a great game or hopefully..Ralpahel and Leron and the Humbold guards are about an even matchup..I figure Patrick Robertson will guard Dunbar because he's quick and strong and about the same height and keep Cody Taylor on Bryson and stay down low to help out..Not looking for Whitby to start Cody because he's only played in 1 game so far..but come tournament time I look for him to start and the best players on the floor..I just feel like he gives us that extra in rebounding and blocking and altering shots..We'll see..!

I didn't think that Campbell would drive the lane either. The whole HBT team pretty much did what they wanted i was totally shocked! HBT has more talent on that team than i thought! I knew they had some athlethes but didn't know the whole team was that athletic! I have seen them a couple of times but they didn't look like they did tonight! Is HBT that good or LC just that bad? All i can is i am just in disbelieve that LC was beat that bad! :thumb:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i havn't made hardly any post replys this year but when i do speak on here its just facts..So here yall go..WHITBY has lost total control of his team and frrom what i saw this year there aint but maybe 2 players that respect him and thats the Bletsoe kid and Tyler kid..Them boys need a major tune up and i dont see it..I believe Whitby has lost his mind..Folks , ive jus seen LC play 3 times this year and all 3 times they got beat because Whitby dont play the right kids at the right time is 1 thing..2nd..LC has 2 many cheifs and not enough indians on their team and aint none of them about CRAP!..3...None but a few respect their coach..4..They wayyyy out of shape..5...None of them seem to care about nothing but how many points they might score :thumb: ..6...I HAVENT EVEN SEEN LC RUN A PLAY ALL YEAR! :thumb: ..Ok i had a moment..Now..let me say a good thing about LC and i got only one!..Lake County has the best team in single a with alot of talent and dont know how to use it! So..im leaving on this note..Listen Up LC..If you dont start playing team ball and get ur butts in shape and act like u wanna win for ur team other than how many points u got..U will b one and done in the region turny..Sad But True Guys!..and oh yeah..Play with a little passion and heart..I think thats good enough for at least 30 points for yall!..HOLLA

Humbolt took Lake Co to the woodshed tonight 97-56. You were close bigster :thumb::thumb:

You're right..I thoughtLake Co would play ball..I knew Lake Co was beat when Whitby started the 5 players he did..He didn't start Leron Garret and Ricck Boyd didn't play at all until middle of the 3rd quarter..He started the Swift kid,about 5 foot in place of Leron and I assume Ricky Boyd wasnt playing because he isn't a very good outside shooter and decided not to play him..But the thing is..the boys that Whitby started cant shhot either and Ricky is a better athlete..I read Copenoc's thread below..He's right..Lake Co has talent..Too much talent to lose like they did..I left in the at the end of the 3rd quarter..something I've never done..but couldnt sit through that mess any longer..like Copenoc said..no plays whatsoever..just come down and if I'm open a little shoot..and a lot of dribbling and taking it to the basket and a 5'5 player trying to shoot over guys 6'4..Humboldt played a zone and Lake Co came out in a zone press that wasnt working and Humboldt was just getting layups at will..Coach..wake up..Humboldt has some fine athletes but doesnt shoot much betetr than we do ,other than Antonio Brooks..I left the score was about 21 points..Humboldt must have outscored us about 30 points or close in the last quarter alone so I figured Whitby must have done the same thing he did at Brighton..Emptied his bench and played the guys that never get to play..The thing is..they cant get the ball past half court..So..I'm believeing thats where the 97 points are coming in..He was probably upset with his players..But the thing is..he's most of the problem..I like the man..but to not play a zone..in a press that wasnt doing anything..starting a couple players that hardly ever play..and against Humboldt..got what he deserved..I saw a lot of people walking out the same time as me..Surely he saw the fans leaving..Maybe everyone needs to stsrt walking out after the girls game the rest of the year and the school officials will take notice..But then again..they have everyone's money..But Congrats to Humboldt..This is in no way saying they dont have a good team..that there was bad officiating..Humboldt was and looks to be the better team..and a whole lot better coach..Maybe time to admit that Lake Co just isnt any good..too much individual play..

Humbolt took Lake Co to the woodshed tonight 97-56. You were close bigster :thumb::thumb:

You're right..I thoughtLake Co would play ball..I knew Lake Co was beat when Whitby started the 5 players he did..He didn't start Leron Garret and Ricck Boyd didn't play at all until middle of the 3rd quarter..He started the Swift kid,about 5 foot in place of Leron and I assume Ricky Boyd wasnt playing because he isn't a very good outside shooter and decided not to play him..But the thing is..the boys that Whitby started cant shhot either and Ricky is a better athlete..I read Copenoc's thread below..He's right..Lake Co has talent..Too much talent to lose like they did..I left in the at the end of the 3rd quarter..something I've never done..but couldnt sit through that mess any longer..like Copenoc said..no plays whatsoever..just come down and if I'm open a little shoot..and a lot of dribbling and taking it to the basket and a 5'5 player trying to shoot over guys 6'4..Humboldt played a zone and Lake Co came out in a zone press that wasnt working and Humboldt was just getting layups at will..Coach..wake up..Humboldt has some fine athletes but doesnt shoot much betetr than we do ,other than Antonio Brooks..I left the score was about 21 points..Humboldt must have outscored us about 30 points or close in the last quarter alone so I figured Whitby must have done the same thing he did at Brighton..Emptied his bench and played the guys that never get to play..The thing is..they cant get the ball past half court..So..I'm believeing thats where the 97 points are coming in..He was probably upset with his players..But the thing is..he's most of the problem..I like the man..but to not play a zone..in a press that wasnt doing anything..starting a couple players that hardly ever play..and against Humboldt..got what he deserved..I saw a lot of people walking out the same time as me..Surely he saw the fans leaving..Maybe everyone needs to stsrt walking out after the girls game the rest of the year and the school officials will take notice..But then again..they have everyone's money..But Congrats to Humboldt..This is in no way saying they dont have a good team..that there was bad officiating..Humboldt was and looks to be the better team..and a whole lot better coach..Maybe time to admit that Lake Co just isnt any good..too much individual play..

After this beatin, I might have to change my screen name. Gosh This was about as heartless bunch of players that i've ever seen. They might need to start practicing for football but then again there is that Union City score where they were down by 40 at halftime. Maybe Lake County can go follow the yellow brick road and ask the wizard for a little heart just like the tinman. I have to encourage myself just to watch them again. It was very disappointing to say the very least. What happen to the team that played in Carbondale. That team would beat this team worse than Humboldt did last night. I don't care if it's coaching or what everybody else is sayin. But i don't care if i didn't even have a coach on the side lines, I would have enough heart not to get blasted by 40 points.

Well i havn't made hardly any post replys this year but when i do speak on here its just facts..So here yall go..WHITBY has lost total control of his team and frrom what i saw this year there aint but maybe 2 players that respect him and thats the Bletsoe kid and Tyler kid..Them boys need a major tune up and i dont see it..I believe Whitby has lost his mind..Folks , ive jus seen LC play 3 times this year and all 3 times they got beat because Whitby dont play the right kids at the right time is 1 thing..2nd..LC has 2 many cheifs and not enough indians on their team and aint none of them about CRAP!..3...None but a few respect their coach..4..They wayyyy out of shape..5...None of them seem to care about nothing but how many points they might score :thumb: ..6...I HAVENT EVEN SEEN LC RUN A PLAY ALL YEAR! :thumb: ..Ok i had a moment..Now..let me say a good thing about LC and i got only one!..Lake County has the best team in single a with alot of talent and dont know how to use it! So..im leaving on this note..Listen Up LC..If you dont start playing team ball and get ur butts in shape and act like u wanna win for ur team other than how many points u got..U will b one and done in the region turny..Sad But True Guys!..and oh yeah..Play with a little passion and heart..I think thats good enough for at least 30 points for yall!..HOLLA

Its hard to believe that LC is playing like this! LC does need a major overhaul but the problem with is u are 14-9 with only 7 games to go in the regular season! Meaning no disrespect but if it hasn't happen by now i don't much think it will. Lake County has alot of talent i do agree but being the best team in 1A no way! I'm not saying Humboldt is the best team in 1A i don't know who is. But if Humboldt keeps playing like this it won't matter who u put on the court! Is Humboldt 40 points better than LC no i don't think so! But i do think Humboldt is the better team and i think most people will agree! We will see just how good Humboldt is when the visit the tornadoes next Tuesday night! They will surely have their hands full! Good luck the rest of the year! :lol:

Humboldt had better not be looking past an improved Milan team on sat. night or they will be going into UC off a loss. As far as UC goes they will have to find a way to get in the paint against Humboldt or they will lose. In the first Hum. UC game the vikings totally shut down whatever inside game UC had, we'll see if Sisco has a plan to change this....I just dont think UC can beat Humboldt being totally reliant on 3 point shots....we'll see. It must be tough being a Lake Co fan right now.....I feel for u guys!

Humboldt had better not be looking past an improved Milan team on sat. night or they will be going into UC off a loss. As far as UC goes they will have to find a way to get in the paint against Humboldt or they will lose. In the first Hum. UC game the vikings totally shut down whatever inside game UC had, we'll see if Sisco has a plan to change this....I just dont think UC can beat Humboldt being totally reliant on 3 point shots....we'll see. It must be tough being a Lake Co fan right now.....I feel for u guys!

Yes i agree and that game is in Milan! If HBT is not on their toes it could be a upset and that wouldn't be good going into UC! Uc will hard enough for them to beat as it is! :thumb: