Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

I hear Stacy is having a few problems getting ready for spring practice. It seems he has instituted a new policy...no guns in the dressing rooms. I understand that out of 100 players he has confiscated only 50 pistols so far.

52 pistols, 9 switch blades and 2 brass knuckles to be exact! :D

The Hill, 'cmon man...I mean, you stole our coach, you got the fastest RB in the conference, you got some huge linemen...so I heard, and a young QB that is supposed to be the shiz...so we need to hear some noise from the Island. We love you man but we gonna rev you up big time. 'Can't let you get away with murder with a bow on it. Yall think you gonna come barnstormin' into Kingsport...well...I reckon we might have something to say about all that. I hear Stacy is refromin' the community. Well, after you finish confiscatin' all that Krack let me know and I'll get Jack to schedule a yard sale down in the View. It's gonna cost a bunch of money to bring South into the City. So we need all the fund raisin' we can get.

The Hill, 'cmon man...I mean, you stole our coach, you got the fastest RB in the conference, you got some huge linemen...so I heard, and a young QB that is supposed to be the shiz...so we need to hear some noise from the Island. We love you man but we gonna rev you up big time. 'Can't let you get away with murder with a bow on it. Yall think you gonna come barnstormin' into Kingsport...well...I reckon we might have something to say about all that. I hear Stacy is refromin' the community. Well, after you finish confiscatin' all that Krack let me know and I'll get Jack to schedule a yard sale down in the View. It's gonna cost a bunch of money to bring South into the City. So we need all the fund raisin' we can get.

You know that is a good point...Science Hill's arrogant attitude is widely known from the county boys out here. Clean sweeping them by getting wins in all the sports is on the minds of the upcoming seniors, again, I am sure. I think anything you hear from Science Hill will be exactly that...talk. If you can't even have a college football team in a city that should pretty much tell you the quality of the high school.... I believe ETSU got a nice shiny new scoreboard...a few years before they dropped the program.

Cricket at ETSU anyone?

No really guys . . . I don't know what were gonna have here at The Hill (the Island). All the coaches that Carter wants aren't all in place, that I know of and I am sure some examples (discipline) will have to be made with some players which will result in some causalities I am sure. Looks like at least one coach will be going to Happy Valley for the head coaching job there. I really don't know what to expect. Sure, we have talent here at Science Hill, but we haven't had anyone to put it all together and consistently win in a really long time.

I am eager to see how it goes myself. New stadium, new field, new coach and a $300,000 score board. Its an exciting time here for us to say the least. :D

One of my co-workers said Science Hill raped Sullivan County with the taking of two of their best coaches. That's probably somewhat of a true statement, so I (we) should expect a certain amount of ribbing from you guys. Science Hill should never be 3-7, 4-6 or 5-5 and everybody knows it. I'm sure the great D-B could appreciate more consistent competition from their neighbor city. 16 straight wins in a row is a joke, by anyone's standards

One of my co-workers said Science Hill raped Sullivan County with the taking of two of their best coaches. That's probably somewhat of a true statement, so I (we) should expect a certain amount of ribbing from you guys. Science Hill should never be 3-7, 4-6 or 5-5 and everybody knows it. I'm sure the great D-B could appreciate more consistent competition from their neighbor city. 16 straight wins in a row is a joke, by anyone's standards

I can see that with Carter...only on paper. I am going to hold that a big part of his success was Haynie and the people that were surrounding him at South. Only time will tell on that.

As for East...I think they traded up. Former state championship coach....why yes sir. Nelson was good when he got there, but things seemed to just mellow out.

As for the third coach you will get...Central players are just...I don't know what they used to be tougher than what they are now a days.

Science Hill has gone from teams of athletes to one or two outstanding players. You have a baseball player going in the draft, but you don't hear a whole lot of noise about the rest of the team. You have a young basketball team that should beat everyone next year...but they should have beat my boys in basketball in the district and that didn't happen. The best SH years were when Overbay was the coach and apparently...they didn't want him back.

Instead you all are getting a new stadium, fieldhouse, and scoreboard....for a team that is mediocre at best. Now there is a lot of returning talent and a coach that should be a lot of discipline on the team, but things have to happen for that to make all go well. The parents at the Hill have to let him do his thing and not try to be harrassing the coaching staff...you guys are crazy up there. I remember a few years ago parents were not only yelling at the coaches but cussing out players...that weren't their kids. There is a lot of cleaning up that needs to go on in JC...I think Stacy can do it and you will have a pretty good year this year, but everyone has to get on board.

I can see that with Carter...only on paper. I am going to hold that a big part of his success was Haynie and the people that were surrounding him at South. Only time will tell on that.

As for East...I think they traded up. Former state championship coach....why yes sir. Nelson was good when he got there, but things seemed to just mellow out.

As for the third coach you will get...Central players are just...I don't know what they used to be tougher than what they are now a days.

Science Hill has gone from teams of athletes to one or two outstanding players. You have a baseball player going in the draft, but you don't hear a whole lot of noise about the rest of the team. You have a young basketball team that should beat everyone next year...but they should have beat my boys in basketball in the district and that didn't happen. The best SH years were when Overbay was the coach and apparently...they didn't want him back.

Instead you all are getting a new stadium, fieldhouse, and scoreboard....for a team that is mediocre at best. Now there is a lot of returning talent and a coach that should be a lot of discipline on the team, but things have to happen for that to make all go well. The parents at the Hill have to let him do his thing and not try to be harrassing the coaching staff...you guys are crazy up there. I remember a few years ago parents were not only yelling at the coaches but cussing out players...that weren't their kids. There is a lot of cleaning up that needs to go on in JC...I think Stacy can do it and you will have a pretty good year this year, but everyone has to get on board.

One man can't do it all. It takes a good staff to bring it all together, but it still starts with the head coach.

I disagree on the trading up. Its a good trade, that I agree. But, coaches can only coach so much. It still comes down to the players playing on the field. If East can minimize the kids transferring to Tennessee High it will help. But, I don't anticipate much of a change at East. After all Scott Smith had a state championship under his belt too.

And . . . I am well aware of some of the antics that has went on, on and off the field. Thanks for the reminder. Boone has never been trouble free either. Everyone has problems they have to work through. STRONG and CONSISTANT discipline goes a long way.

I can agree that it starts with the head man...but as far as that goes he can NOT do it all. The best programs have to have a guy who is surrounded by good coaches. He had a great start with Nelson and himself...but beyond that I have no idea who else is there to help him. Overbay is apparently going to Happy Valley...defensive coordinator needed. Scott Nelson might have just been stuck at a bad school with Central, I have no idea.

As for antics, granted, I can say that yes, every school has their problems. But you have no once seen an article about fans and kids going at one another from a Boone football team (at least in recent history). The fans in Gray are a lot more mellow than the ones in JC. You expect excellence...heck your pocket books seem to be trying to answer that. Again...did you ever just think that it ain't the coaches...it might just be the parents and the kids.

Good of you to join us Hill, you seem like a pretty cool JC person for us to jar back and forth with. Welcome welcome.

Look, if you had a couple of boys and a girl and they ran track, played basketball and baseball and they won and went deep in the playoffs every year but when your boys were on the football team they couldn't get a first down...and it went on for 15 years!? And you were used to winning since little league! Duh, I would be a bit upset also. And I am. South's basketball program is pitiful. The middle school regularly went/goes to state and wins regions and sends fabulous players to the high school. What happens? They slurp. I know how Science Hill Fathers feel. Yes, they are a rowdy bunch but they have concluded after a decade that they themselves could coach better than the coach. And will not shut up until someone with stones comes in and proves that he can turn the boat around. It is ALL about the coaches! Period! Always! Did George Quarles not prove that. Maryville does not have the most gifted athletes in the state. They are quality but then so is South and DB and Bristol. I guarantee you that when Stacy finds his groove that these same parents will be bringing fried chicken and watermelons after practice and on Sunday film days. These people are bitter. And rightfully so. But when the white knight comes ridding in on a wave of success then they will salute him and carry his weight. I will give you a few examples...Ashlon Adams, Issac Kinley, Aaron Trent, Jeff Green, and OMG...Solomon Duanna. Duanna had the potential to be a high level Division I RB but because of coaching (or the lack of) he was not even All NET material. I don't care what his accolades were he was nothing to be concerned about. What a tragedy! Because he had it all. He was a coaches dream. For coaches that are awake. So in my view, we all have athletes. Yes, some more than others. But it takes a great coach to find the gold. Don't kid yourselves people...the coach is everything...everything! And for those Science Hill parents...well I have witnessed their rath at a Science Hill scrimmage with MoEast in '07 and they were hot. And loud. And irreverant. And worse than that. But do things right and these people will be powerful for the coach and the program.

I can agree that it starts with the head man...but as far as that goes he can NOT do it all. The best programs have to have a guy who is surrounded by good coaches. He had a great start with Nelson and himself...but beyond that I have no idea who else is there to help him. Overbay is apparently going to Happy Valley...defensive coordinator needed. Scott Nelson might have just been stuck at a bad school with Central, I have no idea.

As for antics, granted, I can say that yes, every school has their problems. But you have no once seen an article about fans and kids going at one another from a Boone football team (at least in recent history). The fans in Gray are a lot more mellow than the ones in JC. You expect excellence...heck your pocket books seem to be trying to answer that. Again...did you ever just think that it ain't the coaches...it might just be the parents and the kids.

Good of you to join us Hill, you seem like a pretty cool JC person for us to jar back and forth with. Welcome welcome.

Overbay isn't going to Happy Valley :shock: